Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to correctly allocate size while creating FileSystem Post 302148802 by panchpan on Monday 3rd of December 2007 05:49:36 PM
Old 12-03-2007
I have two solaris boxes, and both of them having some problem while rebooting. Only changes were done before rebooting was creation of four new filesystem's u01 - u04.
Problem on 1) - I noticed that when the box was rebooting, it was complaining about the U01->U04 mounts (i.e. fsck probs) - so I disabled these via vsftab and rebooted...When the problems were occurring, the server was not rebooting properly and starting up in maintenance mode. How do I fix it?

Problem on 2) - is reporting a Bad PBR Sig at the GRUB bootloader process... this is a pretty basic stage to die at.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Creating a shared filesystem

Hi everybody, Is it possible to create a Shared Filesystem on Network to be accessed from 2 Systems? Both systems are AIX but with different versions. One of these systems is AIX 4.3 & the other is AIX 5.2. Thanks in advanced (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
8 Replies

2. AIX

filesystem size

i am new in the field 3months to be precise. how do i come up with size, i want to change for the filesystem? assuming there is enough space on the volume group. do i just assign any value? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: freeman
5 Replies

3. Solaris

creating new filesystem

# df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c1d0s0 4.5G 4.3G 129M 98% / /devices 0K 0K 0K 0% /devices ctfs 0K 0K 0K 0% /system/contract proc 0K 0K ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
4 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Creating filesystem of 2MB size

Hi all, I would like to ask on how to create 2MB partition on a Compact Flash card. It supposed to be of FAT12 type, and the CF capacity is 4GB. I try to do the partitioning and specify the size as 2MB but the partition editor automatically resize it to 8MB. I know that this is possible and the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: archayl
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

Creating filesystem on new LUN

I'm new to linux and need information on how do I create a filesytem on a dedicated on LUN for RHEL 4 and 5? I want the filesystem to be a ext3 ---------- Post updated at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:56 AM ---------- Found the answer. This thread can be closed. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
1 Replies

6. Linux

Creating Filesystem using DD for LVM

I created a new filesystem using dd and mounted: I have a filesystem /FAW with 1Terra space /dev/sdb1 1151331444 24742604 1068104612 3% /FAW Steps I followed to create a new filesystem # dd if=/dev/zero of=/FAW/vms/linux_vm/disk2.img bs=1 count=1024 seek=500G # mke2fs... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram003
10 Replies

7. Programming

SIGSEGV when allocate a certain size

The problem: I need to work with large arrays and after one of my structures grew in size my program started getting segmentation fault. My code where I allocate the arrays: static R1 *tarr; static R2 *rarr; proc_init_mem() { const int t_sz = sizeof(R1) *... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get correctly directory size ?

Hello, I am on solaris 9 (KSH) and I am on trouble while using a command line in a script to get the directory size of a directory. /usr/bin/du -sk /data/_restit typeset -i rep_size=` /usr/bin/du -sk /data/_restit |cut -d"/" -f1 ` echo "${rep_size}" I did try different way to write the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Physical disk IO size smaller than fragment block filesystem size ?

Hello, in one default UFS filesystem we have 8K block size (bsize) and 1K fragmentsize (fsize). At this scenary I thought all "FileSytem IO" will be 8K (or greater) but never smaller than the fragment size (1K). If a UFS fragment/blocksize is allwasy several ADJACENTS sectors on disk (in a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rarino2
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Creating filesystem in LDOMs

Hi, I have a task of creating a UFS filesystem in an LDOM. It is located in a hypervisor (CDOM). The storage has been provisioned to the CDOM. How do I make it reflect to the LDOM, and then from there configure/set up the filesystem in the LDOM? Please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
1 Replies
KLOADER(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						KLOADER(4)

NAME
kloader -- in-kernel bootloader SYNOPSIS
options KLOADER options KLOADER_KERNEL_PATH=""/netbsd"" DESCRIPTION
The kloader is the in-kernel bootloader for platforms that do not have a proper firmware. Some platforms supported by NetBSD do not have a firmware that can boot the NetBSD kernel. Examples are game consoles (dreamcast port), and handhelds (hpcarm, hpcmips, and hpcsh ports). On such platforms the bootloader is usually a host program that runs under the native OS. This means that rebooting NetBSD is a lengthy process of booting into the native OS first, launching the bootloader program, and finally booting NetBSD again. This problem is addressed by kloader, which allows the currently running kernel to serve as a bootloader for the ker- nel being booted, thus avoiding the burden of booting into the native OS first. When kloader is configured into the kernel, a call to reboot(2) causes the kloader to load the new kernel into memory, and arrange for con- trol to be passed to the new kernel -- just like a standalone bootloader does. The new kernel then boots in the ordinary manner. SEE ALSO
reboot(2), boot(8), reboot(8) HISTORY
kloader first appeared in NetBSD 1.6. BUGS
kloader ignores howto and bootstr arguments passed to the reboot(2) system call, and reboots the system with the previous boot settings. kloader doesn't support booting compressed kernels. The hpcarm port doesn't support kloader yet. BSD
April 3, 2004 BSD