Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting submitting data during a program run Post 302148764 by porter on Monday 3rd of December 2007 03:53:42 PM
Old 12-03-2007
Pipe the data as stdin

Code:
echo "<input>" | ./prepdata

or

Code:
./prepdata <<EOF
<input>
EOF

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

how to run debugging on c program

Can someone help me debug a c program I am running? It gives me segmentation fault. I want to turn on debugging. Can some one give the command to turn it on? Below is the error I get: Segmentation Fault (core dumped) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ibeg
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting a program to run

Please help, I have tried to run this program countless times and still nothing. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. $ cat>test count=1 while do echo "5" read number echo $5 let count=count+ 1 done exit 0 ^C$ ksh test $ ^C $ ksh test $ $ nothing happend (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctiamaria
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do i run a program while in Unix?....

Im new and wanted to know if im in the unix terminal and lets say i want to run microsoft word for example. i go in and go into the HD and then keep going and i type ls and see that microsoft word.app is there. how do i run it from that? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corrail
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i run java program from any where

Hello all sorry didnt know where to post it i compiled simple program that using "System.getProperty("user.dir");" now i compiled the program under directory foo and and its running great when i do "java myapp" i included this directory in the $PATH env variable so i could see it fro any where... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cannot run program

Hi, I have a program in /opt/local/bin, my path in my .profile is export PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$PATH however when i type the program name it cannot find it, however i know the program is in /opt/local/bin? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: c19h28O2
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash] Run a program many times

Hi I'm running a program many times with differents input. I mean that i run my_prog with some parameters and i wait till the end, then i start again another simulations with some others differents parameters. Is possible to make it automatic with a script bash. Maybe i need some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hey, im editing the passwd file so that when the user ben logs in it runs my assign program. I changed the last column from to Then when i log in i get... There is no problem with the program because it runs fine when i open it normally. Any help much appreciated. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAFC_99
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help to run this socket program in C

i have created two files named server and client then when i run the server program it says the server is waiting(./server 5555) then when i run the client program it says "client error:connection refused" can u plz help me to run it?:( (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kedah160
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a program as another user

I have a bash script that launches another problem. I need to run that program under a certain user account. The script itself is run using 'sudo <scriptname>'. #!/bin/bash myprogram=... exec "$myprogram" How would this be done? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Carson Dyle
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't get my program to run -- GC calculator?

have been trying for a few weeks not to get this program running. I am newer to programming and it has definitely been a challenge. I think my problem arises with my if statement. I can get it to append the name to the new file, but it simply appends the whole sequence to the file rather than... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: haley6719
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)