Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Get rid of first & last lines from STD_OUT Post 302148750 by jjinno on Monday 3rd of December 2007 02:53:41 PM
Old 12-03-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixmadhan
Code:
./myApp | sed '$d;1d'

Worked like a charm.

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

combine 2 lines (command & echo)

does anyone know how to combine 2 lines? this is what im playing around with. (filename: online, user name: prml0001, real name: primal) #!/bin/sh who | grep $1 > /dev/null if then grep $1 /etc/passwd | cut -f 5, -d : echo is logged on exit 0 else grep $1... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: primal
13 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Looking for a good way to search & destroy lines

What is a good way to find an entry in a .conf file and then remove all lines associated with that entry? I have a Samba server running on Linux that I would like to easily add/remove share entries in the smb.conf file without removing or deleting lines that are not associated with that section.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: darthur
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep string & next n lines

need help on this. let say i hv 1 file contains as below: STRING Description bla bla bla Description yada yada yada Data bla bla Data yada yada how do i want to display n lines after the string? thanks in advance! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashterix
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep string & a few lines after

i need to grep a STRING_A & the next few lines after the STRING_A example file: STRING_A yada yada line 1 line 2 STRING_B yada yada line 1 line 2 line 3 STRING_A yada yada line 1 line 2 line 3 line 4 STRING_A yada yada line 1 line 2 line 3 line 4 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashterix
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How get only required lines & delete the rest of the lines in file

Hiiii I have a file which contains huge data as a.dat: PDE 1990 1 9 18 51 28.90 24.7500 95.2800 118.0 6.1 0.0 BURMA event name: 010990D time shift: 7.3000 half duration: 5.0000 latitude: 24.4200 longitude: 94.9500 depth: 129.6000 Mrr: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: reva
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare & print lines with 2 requirements

1.compare 90 logs >20 print off with correct figure 2.compare latest log i.e ciscoresets_20120314 against all records not just the 90 (as above) and any lines not matching print as: NEW:SYDGRE04,10,9 1 (note this number could be 2 or whatever not necessary 1 it could be 2,3 or even 10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashbash
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

get rid of unwanted lines

Hi , My output contains the below contents When i execute df -h | grep / | grep -v '^Filesystem|tmpfs|cdrom' | awk '{ print $5 " " $1 }' i get output as below tpshghghg.fgh.com:/vol/scmvol1/scm-vobstore/WebArch.vbs 1.7T 1.3T 452G 74% /vob/WebArch... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop to get rid of first 2 lines(conditionally)

hello all, I get data from different vendors and need to clean it up. Usually it pretty straight forward when i have files that only have headers....but in my case i have files that have a starting line of file name(and some junk info) and 2nd line is headers and the 3rd line is were the actual... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: crazy_max
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert Text after one, two, three lines & so on..

I want to insert "Text" in each file as a place where I mentioned below "Insert Text Here". These files are something like news of newspaper. Generally, newspaper headlines contain one or two lines. I don't know how it can be identified whether Text is inserted after first line or second line. ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: imranrasheedamu
10 Replies

10. Web Development

Getting Rid of Annoying Bootstrap Table Borders and Wayward Table Lines

Bootstrap is great; but we have had some issues with Bootstrapped <tables> (and legacy <fieldset> elements) showing annoying, wayward lines. I solved that problem today with this simple jQuery in the footer: <script> $(function(){ $('tr, td, fieldset,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
SplashFast(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     SplashFast(3)

NAME
Wx::Perl::SplashFast - Fast splash screen for the Wx module. SYNOPSIS
use Wx::Perl::SplashFast ('/path/to/logo.jpg',3000); # timeout in milliseconds package myApp ; # subclass Wx::App ... package myFrame; # subclass Wx::Frame ... package main; my $myApp = myApp->new(); my $frame = myFrame->new(); $myApp->MainLoop(); DESCRIPTION
Using Wx::SplashScreen from Wx::App::OnInit may cause a high delay before the splash screen is shown on low end machines. This module works around this limitation; you just need to follow the example. USAGE
Just put the code inside the 'BEGIN {}' of your main app, like: sub BEGIN { use Wx::Perl::SplashFast ; Wx::Perl::SplashFast->new("./logo.jpg",5000); } or load the module before any other: use Wx::Perl::SplashFast ("./logo.jpg",5000) ; use Wx ; ... import ( IMG_FILE, SPLASH_TIMEOUT ) IMG_FILE Path of the image file to show. SPLASH_TIMEOUT Timeout of the splash screen in milliseconds. If you "use Wx::Perl::SplashFast './logo.jpg', 1000;" this has the same affetc as. BEGIN { require Wx::Perl::SplashFast; Wx::Perl::SplashFast->new( './logo.jpg', 1000 ); } new ( IMG_FILE , SPLASH_TIMEOUT ) Show the splash screen. IMG_FILE Path of the image file to show. SPLASH_TIMEOUT Timeout of the splash screen in milliseconds. EXAMPLE
use Wx::Perl::SplashFast ("./logo.jpg",5000) ; # Don't forget to put your own image in the same path. Duh package myApp ; use base 'Wx::App'; sub OnInit { return(@_[0]) ;} package myFrame ; use base 'Wx::Frame'; use Wx qw( wxDEFAULT_FRAME_STYLE ); sub new { my $app = shift ; my( $frame ) = $app->SUPER::new( @_[0] , -1, 'wxPerl Test' , [0,0] , [400,300] ) ; return( $frame ) ; } package main ; use Wx ; my $myApp = myApp->new() ; print "window " ; my $win = myFrame->new() ; $win->Show(1) ; $myApp->SetTopWindow( $win ) ; $myApp->MainLoop(); SEE ALSO
Wx, <Wx:SplashScreen> AUTHOR
Graciliano M. P. <gm@virtuasites.com.br> Thanks to wxWidgets people and Mattia Barbon for wxPerl! :P COPYRIGHT
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.0 2007-06-18 SplashFast(3)