Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking how to deny someone to use ftp command ? Post 302148673 by yarx on Monday 3rd of December 2007 06:50:51 AM
Old 12-03-2007
how to deny someone to use ftp command ?

hi,all, i have a question to trouble you.

a workstation named AAA, and open the ftp services to permit user download and upload files. i have root password.

a pc install windows 2k named BBB, someone install a serv-u ftp ( a ftp server software ) to transfer data. i don't have the administrators password.

On BBB:
user can use: ftp AAA to transfer data, i permit.

but i don't permit on AAA to use ftp BBB to transfer data.

i can delete the ftp command or chmod 500, but someone could also upload a ftp command. or rename ftp to another name.

so, i want to know how to deny someone use ftp on AAA ?
anyone can help me.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet deny

Hi all I'm using an AIX 5 machine. I'm trying to telnet from this machine to another Aix machine. When I use the "root" user - Everything works. I can telnet successfully the other machine When I use another user but root - I can't telnet the machine: noah@logist:/home/noah>telnet aixtst... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunbird
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp allow/deny list

OK, let see, i have a Tru64 Unix and need to know how the list of ftp users works and in /etc/ftpusers we have the unauthorized users but when we create a new user i want this users put automatic for deny access ..... where i set when creation of users action put automatic the user in that file?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wbendek
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deny dba command to a user group!!

Dear all i am relatively new in using UNIX i have a problem, We are using IBM Informix Dynamic Server Version 9.40.FC7W4 we have 2 bsic user groups that we are using the 1st is root and another i wasnt to restrict the command "dba" that takes the users of that group to the database. I have... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: masquerer
3 Replies

4. Solaris

how to deny ftp access

Hi , I want to deny ftp access to some user. Currently I don't have /etc/ftpusers file. From the man page , i can modify the login shell at /etc/passwd to invalid one. How to add it ? replaced with /dev/null or something. If you have any other method to disabled it . Pls show me. My FTP is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: skully
10 Replies

5. AIX

allow / deny root logins

Hello everyone I have to limit the root logins on my aix box (aix 5.3) I change the value on the /etc/security/user default (login and rlogin) change to false and add to root (rlogin and login = false) I tried in different ways but I got the same. Root still can login I try algo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hosts.deny entry

Hello I want to block individuals who attempt to use ssh to loggon to one of my machines from a certain IP address. I added the following entry in hosts.deny. Will the entry do what I want to do? ssh: 202.111.128.225 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how i can make one ip access to ftp account and deny others

HI I want to make only one IP can access to ftp acount in cpanel or by shell can any body help me ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elkadrey
1 Replies

8. AIX

Does ACL can only grant/deny access for specific command?

Dear AIX/UNIX experts: I have a demand to restricted a file to be copy by others, but this file must can be read by others/Applications. As I tried, the chmod command cannot fulfill this requirement. But not sure if the ACL can achieve this function or not ? Could anybody give me your... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: devyfong
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deny messages for a session

I do not want to be interrupted with any messages. How do I set my session to deny messages? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beelifter
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/etc/hosts.deny

Hi there, For /etc/hosts.deny was it used to deny access from the internet? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
2 Replies
ftpd_selinux(8) 					 ftpd SELinux policy documentation					   ftpd_selinux(8)

NAME
ftpd_selinux - Security-Enhanced Linux policy for ftp daemons. DESCRIPTION
Security-Enhanced Linux provides security for ftp daemons via flexible mandatory access control. FILE_CONTEXTS SELinux requires files to have a file type. File types may be specified with semanage and are restored with restorecon. Policy governs the access that daemons have to files. Allow ftp servers to read the /var/ftp directory by adding the public_content_t file type to the directory and by restoring the file type. semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_t "/var/ftp(/.*)?" restorecon -F -R -v /var/ftp Allow ftp servers to read and write /var/tmp/incoming by adding the public_content_rw_t type to the directory and by restoring the file type. This also requires the allow_ftpd_anon_write boolean to be set. semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_rw_t "/var/ftp/incoming(/.*)?" restorecon -F -R -v /var/ftp/incoming BOOLEANS
SELinux policy is based on least privilege required and may also be customizable by setting a boolean with setsebool. Allow ftp servers to read and write files with the public_content_rw_t file type. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_anon_write on Allow ftp servers to read or write files in the user home directories. setsebool -P ftp_home_dir on Allow ftp servers to read or write all files on the system. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_full_access on Allow ftp servers to use cifs for public file transfer services. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_use_cifs on Allow ftp servers to use nfs for public file transfer services. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_use_nfs on system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. SEE ALSO
selinux(8), ftpd(8), setsebool(8), semanage(8), restorecon(8) dwalsh@redhat.com 17 Jan 2005 ftpd_selinux(8)