Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need help in SED
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help in SED Post 302148534 by Smiling Dragon on Sunday 2nd of December 2007 10:12:34 PM
Old 12-02-2007
An alternative might be to create a little script to just count the things you want without bothering to monkey with it first - pretty much just a big case with a few smarts to understand how to break the bits up.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed Question 1. (Don't quite know how to use sed! Thanks)

Write a sed script to extract the year, rank, and stock for the most recent 10 years available in the file top10_mktval.csv, and output in the following format: ------------------------------ YEAR |RANK| STOCK ------------------------------ 2007 | 1 | Exxon... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beibeiatNY
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with a sed one liner variant - sed 's/ ; /|/g' $TMP1 > $TMP

Execution of the following segment is giving the error - Script extract:- OUT=$DATADIR/sol_rsult_orphn.bcp TMP1=${OUT}_tmp1 TMP=${OUT}_tmp ( isql -w 400 $dbConnect_OPR <<EOF select convert(char(10), s.lead_id) +'|' + s.pho_loc_type, ";", s.sol_rsult_cmnt, ";", +'|'+ s.del_ind... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kzmatam
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed over writes my original file (using sed to remove leading spaces)

Hello and thx for reading this I'm using sed to remove only the leading spaces in a file bash-280R# cat foofile some text some text some text some text some text bash-280R# bash-280R# sed 's/^ *//' foofile > foofile.use bash-280R# cat foofile.use some text some text some text... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: laser
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed has zeored my files. Help me with sed please

i made a script to update a lot of xml files. to save me some time. Ran it and it replaced all the the files with a 0kb file. The problem i was having is that I am using sed to change xml node <doc_root>. The problem with this is it has a / in the closing xml tag and the stuff inside will also have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: timgolding
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting text records with sed (sed paragraphs)

Hi all, First off, Thank you all for the knowledge I have gleaned from this site! Deleting Records from a text file... sed paragraphs The following code works nearly perfect, however each time it is run on the log file it adds a newline at the head of the file, run it 5 times, it'll have 5... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Festus Hagen
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SED: Can't Repeat Search Character in SED Output

I'm not sure if the problem I'm seeing is an artifact of sed or simply a beginner's mistake. Here's the problem: I want to add a zero-width space following each underscore between XML tags. For example, if I had the following xml: <MY_BIG_TAG>This_is_a_test</MY_BIG_TAG> It should look like... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rhetoric101
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sed to replace the a string in the same file using sed?

How do i replace a string using sed into the same file without creating a intermediate file? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gomes1333
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed inside sed for replacing string

My need is : Want to change docBase="/something/something/something" to docBase="/only/this/path/for/all/files" I have some (about 250 files)xml files. In FileOne it contains <Context path="/PPP" displayName="PPP" docBase="/home/me/documents" reloadable="true" crossContext="true">... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk giving error ./sample.sh: line 13: sed: command not found

Hi, I am running a script sample.sh in bash environment .In the script i am using sed and awk commands which when executed individually from terminal they are getting executed normally but when i give these sed and awk commands in the script it is giving the below errors :- ./sample.sh: line... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishmallidi
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

I am learning regular expression in sed,Please help me understand the use curly bracket in sed,

I am learning SED and just following the shell scripting book, i have trouble understanding the grep and sed statement, Question : 1 __________ /opt/oracle/work/antony>cat teledir.txt jai sharma 25853670 chanchal singhvi 9831545629 anil aggarwal 9830263298 shyam saksena 23217847 lalit... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Antony Ankrose
7 Replies
FMCS(1) 							   User Commands							   FMCS(1)

NAME
fmcs - fmcs DESCRIPTION
usage: fmcs [-h] [--maximize {atoms,bonds}] [--min-num-atoms INT] [--compare {topology,elements,types}] [--atom-compare {any,elements,isotopes}] [--bond-compare {any,bondtypes}] [--atom-class-tag TAG] [--ring-matches-ring-only] [--complete-rings-only] [--select SELECT] [--timeout SECONDS] [--output FILENAME] [--output-format {smarts,fragment-smiles,fragment-sdf,complete-sdf}] [--output-all] [--save-atom-class-tag TAG] [--save-counts-tag TAG] [--save-atom-indices-tag TAG] [--save-smarts-tag TAG] [--save-smiles-tag TAG] [--times] [-v] [--version] filename Find the maximum common substructure of a set of structures positional arguments: filename SDF or SMILES file optional arguments: -h, --help show this help message and exit --maximize {atoms,bonds} Maximize the number of 'atoms' or 'bonds' in the MCS. (Default: bonds) --min-num-atoms INT Minimimum number of atoms in the MCS (Default: 2) --compare {topology,elements,types} Use 'topology' as a shorthand for '--atom-compare any --bond-compare any', 'elements' is '--atom-compare elements --bond-compare any', and 'types' is '--atomcompare elements --bond-compare bondtypes' (Default: types) --atom-compare {any,elements,isotopes} Specify the atom comparison method. With 'any', every atom matches every other atom. With 'elements', atoms match only if they con- tain the same element. With 'isotopes', atoms match only if they have the same isotope number; element information is ignored so [5C] and [5P] are identical. This can be used to implement user-defined atom typing. (Default: elements) --bond-compare {any,bondtypes} Specify the bond comparison method. With 'any', every bond matches every other bond. With 'bondtypes', bonds are the same only if their bond types are the same. (Default: bondtypes) --atom-class-tag TAG Use atom class assignments from the field 'TAG'. The tag data must contain a space separated list of integers in the range 1-10000, one for each atom. Atoms are identical if and only if their corresponding atom classes are the same. Note that '003' and '3' are treated as identical values. (Not used by default) --ring-matches-ring-only Modify the bond comparison so that ring bonds only match ring bonds and chain bonds only match chain bonds. (Ring atoms can still match non-ring atoms.) --complete-rings-only If a bond is a ring bond in the input structures and a bond is in the MCS then the bond must also be in a ring in the MCS. Selecting this option also enables --ring-matches-ring-only. --select SELECT Select a subset of the input records to process. Example: 1-10,13,20,50- (Default: '1-', which selects all structures) --timeout SECONDS Report the best solution after running for at most 'timeout' seconds. Use 'none' for no timeout. (Default: none) --output FILENAME, -o FILENAME Write the results to FILENAME (Default: use stdout) --output-format {smarts,fragment-smiles,fragment-sdf,complete-sdf} 'smarts' writes the SMARTS pattern including the atom and bond criteria. 'fragment-smiles' writes a matching fragment as a SMILES string. 'fragment-sdf' writes a matching fragment as a SD file; see --save-atom-class for details on how atom class information is saved. 'complete-sdf' writes the entire SD file with the fragment information stored in the tag specified by --save-frag- ment-indices-tag. (Default: smarts) --output-all By default the structure output formats only show an MCS for the first input structure. If this option is enabled then an MCS for all of the structures are shown. --save-atom-class-tag TAG If atom classes are specified (via --class-tag) and the output format is 'fragment-sdf' then save the substructure atom classes to the tag TAG, in fragment atom order. By default this is the value of --atomclass-tag. --save-counts-tag TAG Save the fragment count, atom count, and bond count to the specified SD tag as space separated integers, like '1 9 8'. (The fragment count will not be larger than 1 until fmcs supports disconnected MCSes.) --save-atom-indices-tag TAG If atom classes are specified and the output format is 'complete-sdf' then save the MCS fragment atom indices to the tag TAG, in MCS order. (Default: mcs-atomindices) --save-smarts-tag TAG Save the MCS SMARTS to the specified SD tag. Uses '-' if there is no MCS --save-smiles-tag TAG Save the fragment SMILES to the specified SD tag. Uses '-' if there is no MCS --times Print timing information to stderr -v, --verbose Print progress statistics to stderr. Use twice for higher verbosity. --version For more details on these options, see https://bitbucket.org/dalke/fmcs/ fmcs 1.0 June 2012 FMCS(1)