Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting verifying existence of multiple files Post 302148231 by ammu on Friday 30th of November 2007 09:33:11 AM
Old 11-30-2007
I don't have any idea about cron job Smilie

Can i use something like :

#!/usr/bin/ksh
if [ -f /path/file1 and -f /path/file2]

then

echo " File is found!"

sleep 300
echo "time delayed"

fi

Last edited by ammu; 11-30-2007 at 10:42 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

check for FILES existence

hi, I have a list of filenames and I want to verify if they all exist. I know "if filename" would do the trick but how do I go about a list of files? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking Multiple file existence

Hi, I want to check multiple files exist or not in a single if statement in korn Shell:confused:. Please help me Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lathish
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tests for existence of files/directories

Hi, - The first question I have concerns a very fundamental aspect of a unix OS. Specifically, does unix treat everything as a file (ie a directory is just a type of file)? - The reason I ask is that I am trying to determine which BASH unary operator I would to use to determine whether or not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msb65
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to wait for existence of multiple files

Hi Forum. I need a script to wait for all multiple trigger files to be present or else go to sleep for 10 seconds (Number of trigger files can vary). I tried to search on the forum but was not able to find a solution. I found this code on this forum but it's not working as expected: for... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test for existence of files

Hello, Can you please help me to see if log files exist in a directory? I need to scan logs in different directories, so I am using an array to change dynamically. I need help in the if test statement dir=/logs/MSD dir=/logs/UPD countA=1 while (( countA <= ${#dir } )) do cd ${dir}... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace multiple existence of : symbol with one

Infile Outfile (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dvah
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

test for existence of files with same extension

Hi, I am checking for existence of files with the same extensions #! /usr/bin/ksh txtfiles = '*.txt' if then cp ${dirpath}/${txtfiles} ${dir2path} fi I am getting the following error line 5: [: too many arguments for the if check condition (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chen.sara
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

check existence of files in a folder

Hi I am having a problem to verify existence of files. I need to know whether or not files in a folder that begins with a name. For example all files that start with The_File_ *. I was doing it this way, but gives me error. if text -f /work/The_File_* then ... else .. fi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rodrih92
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for the existence and add them from 2 different files

Hi, I have two files file1: ALEX DANY GARY TOM MARY HARRIS file2: ALEX 3 ALEX 5 ALEX 0 ALEX 1 ALEX 0 DANY 2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the Files existence

Hi I have a requirement to check whether the files exists, then it will call other steps in shell script. I did ls *.csv|wc -l if then checking the count of the files should be more than 1 then it will call other steps. I am getting the error that too many arguements as there n... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnrj
13 Replies
diff3(1)						      General Commands Manual							  diff3(1)

Name
       diff3 - 3-way differential file comparison

Syntax
       diff3 [-ex3] file1 file2 file3

Description
       The command compares three versions of a file, and publishes the ranges of text that disagree, flagged with the following codes:

====	      all three files differ

====1       file1 is different

====2       file2 is different

====3       file3 is different

The type of change needed to convert a given range of a given file to some other is indicated in one of these ways:

f : n1 a    Text is to be appended after line number n1 in file f, where f = 1, 2, or 3.

f : n1 , n2 c
		      Text is to be changed in the range line n1 to line n2.  If n1 = n2, the range may be abbreviated to n1.

The original contents of the range follows immediately after a c indication.  When the contents of two files are identical, the contents of
       the lower-numbered file is suppressed.

Options
       -3   Produces an editor script containing the changes between file1 and file2 that are to be incorporated into file3.

-e	   Produces an editor script containing the changes between file2 and file3 that are to be incorporated into file1.

-x	   Produces an editor script containing the changes among all three files.

Examples
       Under the -e option, publishes a script for the editor that incorporates into file1 all changes between file2 and  file3  -  that  is,  the
       changes	that would normally be flagged ==== and ====3.	Option -x (-3) produces a script to incorporate only changes flagged ==== (====3).
       The following command applies the resulting script to `file1':
       (cat script; echo '1,$p') | ed - file1

Restrictions
       Text lines that consist of a single `.'	defeat -e.

Files
       /tmp/d3?????
       /usr/lib/diff3

See Also
       cmp(1), comm(1), diff(1), dffmk(1), join(1), sccsdiff(1), uniq(1)

diff3(1)