Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting unzip particular gzip files among the normal data files Post 302148150 by thepurple on Friday 30th of November 2007 03:35:17 AM
Old 11-30-2007
unzip particular gzip files among the normal data files

Hello experts,

I run Solaris 9. I have a below script which is used for gunzip the thousand files from a directory.
----
#!/usr/bin/sh
cd /home/thousands/gzipfiles/
for i in `ls -1`
do
gunzip -c $i > /path/to/file/$i
done
----
In my SAME directory there thousand of GZIP file and also thousands of data files(already been unzipped) with same name unixtt*

bash-2.05$ file unixtt01674
unixtt01674: data

bash-2.05$ file unixtt01677
unixtt01677: gzip compressed data - deflate method

Is it possible I can just unzip only GZIP unixtt* files leaving the data unixtt* files.?? What should i need to add in the script ??

//purple

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Normal user access to files/folders

I was wondering if there is a way to give my regular user on Linux right to the /var/www/html folder and files therin without going into SU mode every time. Thanks. Gregg (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gdboling
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How redirect output(error and normal) to 2 different files

Hello, I have a java program which i am calling in shell script. I wanted to redirect output to 2 differetn files. Output should have both 1 & 2 (normal and error) in both file. pls help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balareddy
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Unzip a file using unzip utility for files zipped without zip utility ?

Hi, I need to zip/compress a data file and send to a vendor. The vendor does have only unzip utility and can accept only .ZIP files. I do not have zip utility in my server. How do I zip/compress the file so that it can be deflated using unzip command ? I tried gzip & compress commands, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sabari Nath S
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to unzip files in different directories

Hi there: Is there any fest way to upzip files that distributed in several directories and their sub-directory instead of unzipping them directory by directory?? Thanks a lot!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cls3415
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzip .tla files

Hi , I have a file which is with extension .tla. I have no idea what file it is so can anybody let me know what it is?. Regards, Chetan.C (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chetan.c
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

unzip selected files

Hi, In file zip folder i have many files but i want to extract onlu .LOG file from the zip. How can i achive this Rajesh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guddu_12
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unzip the Files

I have a list of zip files and regular files in a folder /home/data/ Example: PMExtra_A123_ABC_121001020000.zip PMExtra_B596_GRT_121001020000.zip PMExtra_C156_SFD_121001020000.zip PMExtra_S243_KDF_121001020000.xml PMExtra_L234_IDF_121001020000.xml I have to unzip all the .zip... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: eskay
8 Replies

8. AIX

Moving Hidden files to normal files

I have a bunch of hidden files in a directory in AIX. I would like to move these hidden files as regular files to another directory. Say i have the following files in directory /x .test~1234~567 .report~5678~123 .find~9876~576 i would like to move them to directory /y as test~1234~567... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: umesh.narain
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to unzip files and Rename the Output-files

Hi all, I have a many folders with zipped files in them. The zipped files are txt files from different folders. The txt files have the same names. If i try to find . -type f -name "*.zip" -exec cp -R {} /myhome/ZIP \; it fails since the ZIP files from different folders have the same names and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmkenya
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzip all the files with subdirectories present and append a part of string from the main .zip files

Hi frnds, My requirement is I have a zip file with name say eg: test_ABC_UH_ccde2a_awdeaea_20150422.zip within that there are subdirectories on each directory we again have .zip files and in that we have files like mama20150422.gz and so on. Iam in need of a bash script so that it unzips... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Kishore
0 Replies