Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: What else do you do?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? What else do you do? Post 302147878 by matrixmadhan on Thursday 29th of November 2007 12:03:32 AM
Old 11-29-2007
Quote:
i used to play tons of chess, but i guess it slowly died out...maybe i should pick up a chess book and see if i can rekindle the flame.
Cool ! On the same line as me ! Smilie

Let's rock ! Smilie

LN(1)							      General Commands Manual							     LN(1)

NAME
ln, clone - create a link to a file SYNOPSIS
ln [-ifmrRvx] file [name] ln [-ifrRvx] file ... dir clone [-ifmvx] file [name] OPTIONS
-i Ask if ok to remove a file -f Remove existing links -m Merge trees, disable the into-a-directory trick -rR Recursively link a directory tree -v Display what ln is doing -x Do not cross device boundaries EXAMPLES
ln file newname # Make newname a synonym for file ln /usr/games/chess # Create a link called chess DESCRIPTION
A directory entry is created for name . The entry points to file . Henceforth, name and file can be used interchangeably. If name is not supplied, the last component of file is used as the link name. If more than one file is supplied or the name refers to an existing direc- tory, links will be created in that directory. An existing name will not be removed unless the -i or -f flag is specified. Clone is a convenient synonym for ln -fmr to create a so-called "link farm", a directory full of links to the original tree. SEE ALSO
cp(1), link(2), unlink(2). LN(1)