Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: copying from unix to windows
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting copying from unix to windows Post 302147775 by porter on Wednesday 28th of November 2007 12:18:47 PM
Old 11-28-2007
What protocol are you intending to use for the copy?

Samba, FTP, NFS, SFTP, SCP?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying file from Unix workspace to Windows Network

Hi All, I am new for Unix, and facing one problem I wanted to copy some of files from my Unix workarea to Window network drive. I am not able to use copy or move command for this, as this only works within workarea. Please let me know, how it can be done. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwanis
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

copying files from UNIX to windows using FTP

Hi, I want to transfer the approx 10k files available on UNIX Server to Windows Server using FTP Command. is it possible? how ? Thanks in advance. Sachin. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssachins
1 Replies

3. AIX

Help with copying file from AIX to Windows

Dear All, I am in need of your help again. I want to copy a file from AIX to Windows. I was able do the same with WinSCP but not able to do with any commands. I have tried ftp, scp and scp2 but nothing worked. Can anyone suggest me a command on how to copy/move a file from AIX to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tenderfoot
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copying files from Windows!!

All, I have a requirement where Iwill be getting the CSV files on windows Shared Drive, and I need to copy those to my unix directory... Is there anyway we can do this?? Thanks, freakabhi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: freakabhi
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error copying files from Unix (Solaris10) to Windows Server 2003 using scp/sftp

Hi, I have generated a Public/Private Key Pair in Solaris Unix (source) server and deployed the Public key in Windows 2003(target) server .ssh directory of user profile. When i try to connect(ssh, scp, sftp) from Unix, i'm getting below error message. Sun_SSH_1.1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaykumarb
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

RCP for copying the files from one drive to other on Windows

Hi, I have a requirement to move the files between two drives in windows machine from Korn sheel. I came to know that It can be done through RCP. Can any one help me with syntax for connecting to Windows machine and moving the files with RCP in KSH? Thanks in advance. Double post.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raamc
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem copying files from windows to unix

Hello, I want some directions for a command inside a shell script which would copy files from some path on my windows os (say my documents) to the path where my shell script is saved and I want it to exit the sftp session and continue executing the remaining lines in my shell script after... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishwa308
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script for copying files from windows to UNIX

Hi guys Let me start by saying that I'm a newbie, so feel free to point me to any good reading material. What I wanted to do is copy some specific files from windows to unix. Let me elaborate my view. Let's say I have some directory tree in unix, CHO-species/C2H1O1/ VAS-S005-001-Ru444/OPT-0/,... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: saleheen
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying the files to Windows server from UNIX server

Hi Team, I had a requirement to write a shell script which automatically transfer the files from unix server to windows server. I can able to unix to unix using Scp command. I am not sure how to do unix to windows. I am very new on this concept. Could you please help me or guide in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvkumar25
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying, renaming the file ftp it from windows to Linux

Hello my dear friends, Two file are auto generated from mon - fri at different directories on same windows box.Every day i have to copy the file, rename it (specific name)and ftp it to linux box specified directory. is it possible to automate this process,If yes this has to be done from windows... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umesh yadav
1 Replies
UPSRW(8)							    NUT Manual								  UPSRW(8)

NAME
upsrw - UPS variable administration tool SYNOPSIS
upsrw ups upsrw -h upsrw -s variable [-u username] [-p password] ups DESCRIPTION
upsrw allows you to view and change the read/write variables inside your UPS. It sends commands via the server upsd(8) to your driver, which configures the hardware for you. The list of variables that allow you to change their values is based on the capabilities of your UPS equipment. Not all models support this feature. Typically, cheaper hardware does not support any of them. Run upsrw with a UPS identifier to see what will work for you. OPTIONS
-h Display the help message. -s variable Specify the variable to be changed inside the UPS. For unattended mode such as in shell scripts, use the format VAR=VALUE to specify both the variable and the value, for example: -s input.transfer.high=129 Without this argument, upsrw will just display the list of the variables and their possible values. Some variables are strings, and can be set to any value within the length limit. Others are enumerated types and can only be set to one of those values. Others may be within an allowed range of values. Refer to the list to know what's available in your hardware. -u username Set the NUT username for the connection to the server. This is optional, and you will be prompted for this when using the -s option if you don't specify -u on the command line. NUT usernames are defined in upsd.users(5), and are not linked to system usernames. -p password Set the password to authenticate to the server. This is also optional like -u, and you will be prompted for it if necessary. ups View or change the settings on this UPS. The format for this option is upsname[@hostname[:port]]. The default hostname is "localhost". UNATTENDED MODE
If you run this program inside a shell script or similar to set variables, you will need to specify all of the information on the command line. This means using -s VAR=VALUE, -u and -p. Otherwise it will put up a prompt and your program will hang. This is not necessary when displaying the list, as the username and password are not required for read-only mode. DIAGNOSTICS
upsrw can't set variables on your UPS unless you provide a valid username and password. If you get "access denied" errors, make sure that your upsd.users(5) has an entry for you, and that the username you are using has permissions to SET variables. HISTORY
This program used to be called upsct2, which was ambiguous and confusing. SEE ALSO
upsd(8), upscmd(8) Internet resources: The NUT (Network UPS Tools) home page: http://www.networkupstools.org/ Network UPS Tools 05/24/2012 UPSRW(8)