Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to call awk in a csh Program Post 302147107 by gus2000 on Saturday 24th of November 2007 11:12:26 PM
Old 11-25-2007
1. You should not bump posts to get attention, pllllllllz.
2. You should not be using csh as a scripting shell. It blows.
3. You should not use a different shell on the command line when testing code for a shell script...the shells are not the same.
4. You must escape each EOL in csh, which does not support multi-line quoted values without them, i.e.,

Code:
# BAD
echo '123
456'

# GOOD
echo '123\
456'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

How to call a proc file from *.c program?

Hi, I am new to Linux programming. As part of learning, I need to create a *.c program where we call certain /proc files (i.e. such as meminfo, version, uptime, etc...) from our program. Can anyone point me to a simple program on how one would do this (i.e. can you directly call uptime() or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pat_and_cami
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

csh failing to call an 2 embedded csh script

I have an extraordinary problem with a csh script.....(feel free to berate the use of this but I'm modifying an existing bunch of them) Anyway, I have a master csh script which in turn calls a second csh script. This second csh script is below. Within this second script are two compiled C++... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pollsizer
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to call another program

Hi, I would like to know how to call a program "cmp_size" ... where to put in progam to run it ex: program checkdisk is below, and it will call a nother problem "cmp_size" Do I just put the cmp_size program at the end of this program. Thank you very much, # check all directory for size... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xitrum
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call C Program From Shell Script

Hi, Could anybody please let me know how to call a C_Program from shell script. I know through command "system" we can call shell script from C program. Awaiting response. Thanks and regards, Chanakya M (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chanakya.m
4 Replies

5. Programming

how to call c executable inside c program??

hi guys i have only basic knowledge of c so guys plz help me ..... i want 2 call c executable which requires file name as argument and i need to modify file contents before calling that executable now my question is how can i call this c executable inside another c program with arguments ?? i... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call a mainframe program

Is it possible to call a mainframe program in UNIX script. I am using HP-UNIX. If so can any let me know the way to do it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atlantis
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a program using csh

I have a program which I can run on the command line like below and works fine /nethome/chrisd/HSeis/TommyCD/TommyCD-1101/bin/raytrac vmod=npt10-z30.vmod srfile=jcdint.sc rcfile=jcdint.rc phases="SP FS" level=twop format="X T" dtau=0.1 mdacc=0.5 mindist=0.1 maxitertp=25 ray=npt10-z30.ry... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting files from a list and passing them to a program using csh

I have a list of files, example as shown below n02-z30-dsr65-ndelt0.25-varp0.002-4x3drw-csq.msf n02-z30-dsr65-ndelt0.25-varp0.004-4x3drw-csq.msf n02-z30-dsr65-ndelt0.25-varp0.006-4x3drw-csq.msf n02-z30-dsr65-ndelt0.25-varp0.008-4x3drw-csq.msf... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
8 Replies

9. Programming

call program

I would need to call the program 'ethtool' in my C++ program, does anyone know how to do that (if its even possible)? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Freaky123
1 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with Execl system call in a C program?

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: "Your a7.c program should use printf to print a nice message. (You can decide what to say.) Then the process... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: miniviking10
9 Replies
MSGFMT_GET_PATTERN(3)							 1						     MSGFMT_GET_PATTERN(3)

MessageFormatter::getPattern - Get the pattern used by the formatter

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public string MessageFormatter::getPattern (void ) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style string msgfmt_get_pattern (MessageFormatter $fmt) Get the pattern used by the formatter PARAMETERS
o $fmt - The message formatter RETURN VALUES
The pattern string for this message formatter EXAMPLES
Example #1 msgfmt_get_pattern(3) example <?php $fmt = msgfmt_create( "en_US", "{0, number} monkeys on {1, number} trees" ); echo "Default pattern: '" . msgfmt_get_pattern( $fmt ) . "' "; echo "Formatting result: " . msgfmt_format( $fmt, array(123, 456) ) . " "; msgfmt_set_pattern( $fmt, "{0, number} trees hosting {1, number} monkeys" ); echo "New pattern: '" . msgfmt_get_pattern( $fmt ) . "' "; echo "Formatted number: " . msgfmt_format( $fmt, array(123, 456) ) . " "; ?> Example #2 OO example <?php $fmt = new MessageFormatter( "en_US", "{0, number} monkeys on {1, number} trees" ); echo "Default pattern: '" . $fmt->getPattern() . "' "; echo "Formatting result: " . $fmt->format(array(123, 456)) . " "; $fmt->setPattern("{0, number} trees hosting {1, number} monkeys" ); echo "New pattern: '" . $fmt->getPattern() . "' "; echo "Formatted number: " . $fmt->format(array(123, 456)) . " "; ?> The above example will output: Default pattern: '{0,number} monkeys on {1,number} trees' Formatting result: 123 monkeys on 456 trees New pattern: '{0,number} trees hosting {1,number} monkeys' Formatted number: 123 trees hosting 456 monkeys SEE ALSO
msgfmt_create(3), msgfmt_set_pattern(3). PHP Documentation Group MSGFMT_GET_PATTERN(3)