Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to input EOF from Windows connected to Unix maxhine via SSH Post 302147042 by sayeo on Saturday 24th of November 2007 01:13:05 AM
Old 11-24-2007
Yeah.....that makes perfect sense! Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

missing Path(in UNIX) when i launch a job on to unix machine using windows SSh

hi i want run an unix application from a windows program/application.i am using SSH(command line version)to log on to a unix machine from windows. the application has to read a configuration file inorder to run. the configuration file .CFG is in bin in my home directory. but the application... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megastar
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SSH UNIX to Windows

Anyone who has tried creating public and private key from UNIX as client and Windows as server? any idea on how to do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: punyenye
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connecting windows remotely from unix using SSH

Hi Can someone giv me some knowledge on accesing windows from unix and executing DOS scripts using SSH I would like to know how to go abt it...am new to it. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lakshmis10
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

regarding cat and EOF in UNIX

Hi, Can anyone explain me what this function is doing cat << EOF > HELPFILE /$1/ { print "SENT" } EOF Thanks in Advance Suggestions welcome (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script using ssh remains connected at primary site

Hi All, OS:AIX 5.3 L My shell script using ssh remains connected at primary site and ssh doesn't get disconnected.What should be typed and where in the shell script below to do it. Shell script ======== #!/usr/bin/ksh v_standby=`sqlplus -s /nolog <<END @standby.sql END` echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
5 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Public/Private Key SSH from UNIX to Windows (Cygwin)

Hello all, I have a bit of trouble working a passwordless SSH from UNIX to Cygwin running windows 2k3. Here are some details. I AM able to SSH from the Windows box to the UNIX box using the keys. Also, I'm able to SSH from UNIX to Windows w/o the keys. However, when I try to do it with the keys... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kclerks11
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Closing console connected to another machine via ssh

Hi, I have ssh'd into a UNIX server at work from my linux desktop and executed a tar command to backup up some directories to a tape drive. I was wondering would the tar command still execute to completion if I closed my terminal console on my desktop that is connected to the server, would the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Hi, I want to log into windows from unix using ssh through a script to execute some commands.We have cygwin installed on windows.We have expect library installed on unix(sun solaris).What would be codes for logging into widows from a shell script. Regards, Megh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megh
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo to connected ssh clients

Hello, i have a network device that users connect to using ssh. I have a script that connects to the device and has to echo something to other connected people. How can this be established? ssh user@device 'echo Hello > /dev/console' doesn't seem to do the trick. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trafo23
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connected time on UNIX

Hello, A question please. Could anyone tell me how to know the connected time for a user on unix ? I'd need to know this information for several days. Is there a command to get it ? Thanks in advance (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nurinolo
9 Replies
ungetc(3S)																ungetc(3S)

NAME
ungetc() - push character back into input stream SYNOPSIS
Obsolescent Interface DESCRIPTION
inserts the character c (converted to an unsigned char) into the buffer associated with an input stream. That character, c, is returned by the next call to (see getc(3S)) on that stream. A successful intervening call to a file positioning function with stream or erases all memory of the inserted characters. affects only the buffer associated with the input stream. It does not affect the contents of the file corresponding to stream. One character of pushback is guaranteed. If c equals EOF, does nothing to the buffer and returns EOF. Obsolescent Interface pushes character back into input stream. APPLICATION USAGE
After is applied to a stream, the stream becomes byte-oriented (see orientation(5)). RETURN VALUE
If successful, and return c and clear the end-of-file indicator for the stream. and return EOF if they cannot insert the character. WARNINGS
is an obsolescent interface supported only for compatibility with existing DCE applications. New multithreaded applications should use SEE ALSO
flockfile(3S), fseek(3S), fgetpos(3S), getc(3S), setbuf(3S), orientation(5), thread_safety(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
ungetc(3S)