Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find a file in sub-directories.. o/p just the path Post 302146812 by pranavagarwal on Thursday 22nd of November 2007 09:54:31 AM
Old 11-22-2007
MySQL Oops! lack of presence of mind!

I was unnecesarily bugging you all..
Code:
find /path -name <filename>

did the trick!

anyways.. thanx to all..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

to find a file in set of directories

Hi, what is the command in unix to find a file abc.c in a directory which had n number of sub-directories. thanx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find the path of a file?

Hi all, Is there any way to find the the path of a file? I mean executable files and just anyother file we can think of? i know of one cmd called which $which mount /usr/bin/mount this is fine, but "mount" is a cmd not a file that can be searched eg: say i have created a text file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if all directories of file's path exists?

I wonder if the script below is possible to write somehow more efficiently. It seems to me the problem is very common.. CreateFolders() # parameter: name of file with relative path with regard to directory $project_root { echo $1 | awk '{ n=split($1, array, "/"); ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MartyIX
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive call to find files and directories in Shell script from current path.

################################################################ Copy this script to your path from where you want to search for all the files and directories in subdirectories recursively. ################################################################# code starts here... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramit_Gupta
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find in given path do not want to traverse to its sub-directories

Hi All, My UNIX Version is: OS Name Release Version AIX appma538 3 5 I want to find certain files with some criterias under the given path. At the same time i want to find the files which resides under the given directory, but normal find traverse to its sub-directories... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find directories that do NOT contain a certain file extension

for x in `find /vmfs/volumes/v01tstn01a01/ -type d`; do find $x -name '*.vmx' > /dev/null || echo $x; done; The goal of this is to find the subdirectories that do NOT contain a file with the extension of .vmx Any help would be great! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hodnov
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Directories That Do Not Contain A Certain File

I'm having problems figuring out the process to find directories that DO NOT contain a certain file. I have a mp3 collection that all the album art is name "folder.jpg". Not all the albums have images. I need a way to find the albums/directories that do not contain "folder.jpg". I can find the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: subsonic
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to a find a file in which path it is there?

Hi Firends, Good Morning to all, I want a find command to search a paticular file present in my system(ie search through under all users and all directories.) I am looking forward from you.:) Advance Thanks, Siva Ranganath CH (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivaranga001
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting directories resulted from Find in one file

Hi Need help for the following scenario. I am having two directories /tmp/a and /tmp/b. /tmp/a again has subdirectories /tmp/a/aa and /tmp/a/ab. I want to run a script from /tmp/b to search for a file user.lst in the folders /tmp/a/aa and /tmp/a/ab, if available, i want to make a file in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudeep.id
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current path except one directory?

Can anyone come up with a unix command that lists all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current directory except a folder called log.? Thank you in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manjunath B
7 Replies
File::Find::Rule::VCS(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				File::Find::Rule::VCS(3pm)

NAME
File::Find::Rule::VCS - Exclude files/directories for Version Control Systems SYNOPSIS
use File::Find::Rule (); use File::Find::Rule::VCS (); # Find all files smaller than 10k, ignoring version control files my @files = File::Find::Rule->ignore_vcs ->file ->size('<10Ki') ->in( $dir ); DESCRIPTION
Many tools need to be equally useful both on ordinary files, and on code that has been checked out from revision control systems. File::Find::Rule::VCS provides quick and convenient methods to exclude the version control directories of several major Version Control Systems (currently CVS, subversion, and Bazaar). File::Find::Rule::VCS implements methods to ignore the following: CVS Subversion Bazaar In addition, the following version control systems do not create directories in the checkout and do not require the use of any ignore methods SVK Git METHODS
ignore_vcs # Ignore all common version control systems $find->ignore_vcs; # Ignore a specific named version control systems $find->ignore_vcs($name); # Ignore nothing (silent pass-through) $find->ignore_vcs(''); The "ignore_vcs" method excludes the files for a named Version Control System from your File::Find::Rule search. If passed, the name of the version control system is case in-sensitive. Names currently supported are 'cvs', 'svn', 'subversion', 'bzr', and 'bazaar'. As a convenience for high-level APIs, if the VCS name is the defined null string '' then the call will be treated as a nullop. If no params at all are passed, this method will ignore all supported version control systems. If ignoring every version control system, please note that any legitimate directories called "CVS" or files starting with .# will be ignored, which is not always desirable. In widely-distributed code, you instead should try to detect the specific version control system used and call ignore_vcs with the specific name. Passing "undef", or an unsupported name, will throw an exception. ignore_cvs The "ignore_cvs" method excluding all CVS directories from your File::Find::Rule search. It will also exclude all the files left around by CVS after an automated merge that start with '.#' (dot-hash). ignore_rcs The "ignore_rcs" method excluding all RCS directories from your File::Find::Rule search. It will also exclude all the files used by RCS to store the revisions (end with ',v'). ignore_svn The "ignore_svn" method excluding all Subversion (".svn") directories from your File::Find::Rule search. ignore_bzr The "ignore_bzr" method excluding all Bazaar (".bzr") directories from your File::Find::Rule search. ignore_git The "ignore_git" method excluding all Git (".git") directories from your File::Find::Rule search. ignore_hg The "ignore_hg" method excluding all Mercurial/Hg (".hg") directories from your File::Find::Rule search. TO DO
- Add support for other version control systems. - Add other useful VCS-related methods SUPPORT
Bugs should always be submitted via the CPAN bug tracker <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=File-Find-Rule-VCS> For other issues, contact the maintainer AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
<http://ali.as/>, File::Find::Rule COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2005 - 2010 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.10.1 2010-10-06 File::Find::Rule::VCS(3pm)