Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: If Then Else Logic
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers If Then Else Logic Post 302146803 by bakunin on Thursday 22nd of November 2007 09:26:25 AM
Old 11-22-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadionne
This looks a bit more streight forward to me...but again do you have a detailed link that can clear up some questions for me.
No need for a link, just enter "man test" on your commandline and be enlightened. ;-))

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadionne
For example
Code:
test $x -gt $y => returns FALSE

what is the => representing here?
Nothing. I just explained above, that in my example i assume x to be 5 and y to be 10. And if you ask "is x greater than y" this would return a logical FALSE. You could test this by entering the following on your commandline:

Code:
x=5
y=10
test $x -gt $y ; echo $?
test $y -gt $x ; echo $?

Line 3 would print "1", which is a logical "FALSE" and line 4 would print a "0", which is a logical TRUE.

bakunin

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help in logic

I have big large snapshot file which contains every process start time and end time. One server snapshot contains many Application handle. My task is to identify the process id for which the end time is not there or empty also if the completion time is not on the same date then I need to kill. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthilkumar_ak
6 Replies
SQL::Translator::Parser::DBIx::Class(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		 SQL::Translator::Parser::DBIx::Class(3pm)

NAME
SQL::Translator::Parser::DBIx::Class - Create a SQL::Translator schema from a DBIx::Class::Schema instance SYNOPSIS
## Via DBIx::Class use MyApp::Schema; my $schema = MyApp::Schema->connect("dbi:SQLite:something.db"); $schema->create_ddl_dir(); ## or $schema->deploy(); ## Standalone use MyApp::Schema; use SQL::Translator; my $schema = MyApp::Schema->connect; my $trans = SQL::Translator->new ( parser => 'SQL::Translator::Parser::DBIx::Class', parser_args => { package => $schema, add_fk_index => 0, sources => [qw/ Artist CD /], }, producer => 'SQLite', ) or die SQL::Translator->error; my $out = $trans->translate() or die $trans->error; DESCRIPTION
This class requires SQL::Translator installed to work. "SQL::Translator::Parser::DBIx::Class" reads a DBIx::Class schema, interrogates the columns, and stuffs it all in an $sqlt_schema object. Its primary use is in deploying database layouts described as a set of DBIx::Class classes, to a database. To do this, see "deploy" in DBIx::Class::Schema. This can also be achieved by having DBIx::Class export the schema as a set of SQL files ready for import into your database, or passed to other machines that need to have your application installed but don't have SQL::Translator installed. To do this see "create_ddl_dir" in DBIx::Class::Schema. PARSER OPTIONS
add_fk_index Create an index for each foreign key. Enabled by default, as having indexed foreign key columns is normally the sensible thing to do. sources Arguments: @class_names Limit the amount of parsed sources by supplying an explicit list of source names. SEE ALSO
SQL::Translator, DBIx::Class::Schema AUTHORS
See "CONTRIBUTORS" in DBIx::Class. LICENSE
You may distribute this code under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-05-10 SQL::Translator::Parser::DBIx::Class(3pm)