Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: process error
Top Forums Programming process error Post 302146745 by ravi raj kumar on Thursday 22nd of November 2007 05:02:50 AM
Old 11-22-2007
process error

Hi all,Smilie
i need to exexute OS commands from oracle prompt.
For that i did the following steps
1) created a java source called "Host".
2)created a pl/sql procedure called'Host_Command '.
3)issued the following statements
EXEC dbms_java.grant_permission( 'TMS','SYS:java.io.FilePermission', '/bin/sh', 'execute' )

EXEC Dbms_Java.Grant_Permission('TMS', 'SYS:java.lang.RuntimePermission','writeFileDescriptor', '');

EXEC Dbms_Java.Grant_Permission('TMS', 'SYS:java.lang.RuntimePermission','readFileDescriptor', '');

Finally i executed the folllowing statements.
SET SERVEROUTPUT ON SIZE 1000000
CALL DBMS_JAVA.SET_OUTPUT(1000000);
BEGIN
Host_Command ('ls');
END;
/
But i ma getting the following process error;
Process err :/bin/sh: ls: No such file or directory

PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.

Any idea pls.

cheers
RRK

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

login error(can not set process env.)

I have created user in AIX 4.3.3 which the member of staff group. but during login ( with su command) it gives the error "can not set process environment " but when it is member of another group -dba -which is the group for oracle database- it works properly. Pls let me know the solution. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SIGTTOU Error in FTP process

Hi, I am getting the + Stopped (SIGTTOU) error while trying to FTP some files.Here is what am doing: I have database sitting on the UNIX box.I have a table where i stored the ipaddress,username and password.Now i have a script,when run,goes to the database,takes the ipaddress,username and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kumar71
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

error : can not fork new process

hi today we came across error "can not fork new process" when i checked there were 400 ksh processes were running for that particular user ( due to kernel parameter setting no of processes were restricted to 400 ) and the reason for this was somebody executed shell script which had "*" ( only *... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in script to automate the daily monitoring process of UNIX server and it's proc

hi friends, I am trying to automate the daily monitoring process of UNIX server and it's processes. the script are below i executed the above script using ksh -x monitortest1.sh in root login . It shows error at some lines . 1. i logged in using root ,but it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhaprakasam
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect standard error to input of other process, 2| ?

Hello, I would like to know if there is a shell in which operations such as 2| (redirect standard error of one process to the standard input of another one) exist? I know it is possible to do it in bash with things like: (process 2>&1) | other_process but I find it a bit intricate when... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chlorine
3 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Unix pkill error; does wily obstruct me killing the process?

have two scripts on Unix; one that starts some processes and the other one for killing a process. At first, I ran the .sh without WILY in it and it worked perfectly; in this way, I could also ran my stopper process. However I need WILY in this so I added it to my script but this time, a message... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nerdogan551
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX--Check Process not found error

hi guys can you please help me i have the following script to load to a database but when i execute it...its saying Check_Process: not found #!/bin/ksh ##-To load Oracle user profile ##./monitor_io.ksh ##./test.ksh SCP_DIR=/export/home/yani_m/scripts ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: LucyYani
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read: no query process ERROR

Hi, With root user i set this in the .bashrc of user1 on machine 1 more .bashrc ./track.sh # .bashrc # Source global definitions if ; then . /etc/bashrc fi Content of track.sh are more track.sh read -p "Enter ID:" reason while ] # While string is different or empty...... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Process with S state(Interruptable) in RHEL and gives Advertise error after restarting/Killing the p

Hello, In our Production system one process is in S state(interruptible)and after killing and restarting the process gives 'advertise error'. This error goes after rebooting the Server. I have RHEL 5.9 (tikanga) OS in our server. We tried debugging the issue with the help of 'strace' command... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohits
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Redhat Virtualization EN error : InitLogger main process terminated with status 1

My server has /var/log/messages with 'init: initLogger main process (608798) terminated with status 1' errors. I researched about the error and also followed the steps from stackexchange : 157059/error-init-ttys0-dev-ttys0-main-process-1612-terminated-with-status-1]linux - ERROR: init: ttyS0... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paras Pandey
0 Replies
GIT-CHECK-ATTR(1)						    Git Manual							 GIT-CHECK-ATTR(1)

NAME
git-check-attr - Display gitattributes information SYNOPSIS
git check-attr attr... [--] pathname... git check-attr --stdin [-z] attr... < <list-of-paths> DESCRIPTION
For every pathname, this command will list if each attribute is unspecified, set, or unset as a gitattribute on that pathname. OPTIONS
--stdin Read file names from stdin instead of from the command-line. -z Only meaningful with --stdin; paths are separated with a NUL character instead of a linefeed character. -- Interpret all preceding arguments as attributes and all following arguments as path names. If not supplied, only the first argument will be treated as an attribute. OUTPUT
The output is of the form: <path> COLON SP <attribute> COLON SP <info> LF <path> is the path of a file being queried, <attribute> is an attribute being queried and <info> can be either: unspecified when the attribute is not defined for the path. unset when the attribute is defined as false. set when the attribute is defined as true. <value> when a value has been assigned to the attribute. EXAMPLES
In the examples, the following .gitattributes file is used: .ft C *.java diff=java -crlf myAttr NoMyAttr.java !myAttr README caveat=unspecified .ft o Listing a single attribute: .ft C $ git check-attr diff org/example/MyClass.java org/example/MyClass.java: diff: java .ft o Listing multiple attributes for a file: .ft C $ git check-attr crlf diff myAttr -- org/example/MyClass.java org/example/MyClass.java: crlf: unset org/example/MyClass.java: diff: java org/example/MyClass.java: myAttr: set .ft o Listing an attribute for multiple files: .ft C $ git check-attr myAttr -- org/example/MyClass.java org/example/NoMyAttr.java org/example/MyClass.java: myAttr: set org/example/NoMyAttr.java: myAttr: unspecified .ft o Not all values are equally unambiguous: .ft C $ git check-attr caveat README README: caveat: unspecified .ft SEE ALSO
gitattributes(5). AUTHOR
Written by Junio C Hamano <gitster@pobox.com[1]> DOCUMENTATION
Documentation by James Bowes. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite NOTES
1. gitster@pobox.com mailto:gitster@pobox.com Git 1.7.1 07/05/2010 GIT-CHECK-ATTR(1)