Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tape Library 3583
Operating Systems AIX Tape Library 3583 Post 302146669 by dukessd on Wednesday 21st of November 2007 07:13:58 PM
Old 11-21-2007
"Device Type: ssa-scsi-2" will be an SSA adapter. Ignore that.

Which of the three scsi interfaces is it connected to?
I presume scsi1 has the disks so it would be scsi0 in the pci slot 6 or the other onboard adapter scsi2.

As well as checking for the Atape fileset / driver please post the output of the following:
lscfg -vp l grep -i -p rmt
lsdev -Cs scsi
lsdev -Cc disk
lsdev -Cc tape

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ATL L200 Tape Library and Solaris

I picked up this library but I cannot get the device to actuate. How do I make this work with Solaris 7? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: n9ninchd
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

HP-UX / Tape Library Communication Problems

Hi All, Hoping that you'll be able to help out on - I've a problem occuring in our backups that's driving me up the wall. I've got an HP-UX Visualise 6500 as below: ================================ root # uname -a HP-UX <NAME> B.11.00 A 9000/785 2005956095 two-user license... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: geralex
2 Replies

3. AIX

Tape Library on Aix

I am having my 14 Aix 5.3 servers on bladecenters connected with my Tape Library. I had a backup scheduled on tape library but after taking backup successfully, Now, Question 1:- I wanted to restore backup but tape library could not recognize the tape and I get I/O error in TSM. I think it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shrek
0 Replies

4. Solaris

C4 tape library

Hi all , Anybody has an installation manual for Sun StorageTek C4 tape library . i am trying to do the installation on a Sun Fire V245 . Thanks a million cheers ppass (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Configuration issue with Tape Library in Solaris 10

Env: Server : Sparc Ultra-80 OS: Solaris 10 Direct SCSI connection to Library. Terminator connected at the Tape End. Problem: Unable to see any device file related to Robotic /dev/rsst0. Unable to see any device file /dev/rmt. ------------ Messages while the machine boots sst0: No... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amqstam
3 Replies

6. AIX

AIX 5.3 & Veritas Backup with Tape Library

hello, I am facing this problem when trying to prepare AIX 5.3 for Veritas Backup: Veritas Software is not able to communicate properly with our tape library When we tried to run these commands here's the output # cfgmgr -l fscsi0 # cfgmgr -l fscsi2 # cfgmgr -l fscsi1 cfgmgr:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 and DELL TL-2000 Tape Library with ISCSI

Hello, i am trying to get following configuration up running, but get no access to the library roboter. Server: SunOS 5.10 Generic_138889-03 i86pc i386 i86pc DELL TL-2000: 1 Tape: IBM ULT3580-HH4 and Robot: 3573-TL, connected via ISCSI Bridge (build into the TL) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: austin73
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Connecting an array and a tape library

I am a solaris noob. I have a SPARC enterprise T5120 server which i am trying to connect 1 StorEdge 3300 and 1 StorageWorks MSL2024 tape library. Each device is connecting to 1 pci card on the server. I can see the array when i run the format command but i can't seem to detect the tape library. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: M_Owen
2 Replies

9. Hardware

IBM 3583 Tape Drive License Feature Code

Team , currently I am doing some inventory on our hardware. I know that the old school IBM 3583 tape drive has some license feature enable but I dont know where can I check If the feature currently enable or not on our drive... Ive checked trough Web Base and Panel base but nowhere I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thermometer
0 Replies

10. Solaris

SL24 tape library connection.

hi all please tell me how can i connect SunFire V240 to a SL24 tape library. is there any slots which i can connect? can i connect through SCSI port? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
1 Replies
ns_lctl(3aolserver)					    AOLserver Built-In Commands 				       ns_lctl(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ns_for, ns_foreach, ns_while, ns_lctl - Replacements for standard Tcl loop commands which enable monitoring and control SYNOPSIS
ns_for start test next body ns_foreach varname list body ns_foreach varlist1 list1 ?varlist2 list2 ...? body ns_while test body ns_lctl cancel id ns_lctl eval id script ns_lctl info id ns_lctl install command ns_lctl list ns_lctl pause id ns_lctl result id _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The ns_for, ns_foreach, and ns_while commands are replacements for cooresponding Tcl commands with the additional capability of monitoring and control through the ns_lctl command. ns_for start test next body See the for(n) man page for usage. ns_foreach start test next body See the foreach(n) man page for usage. ns_foreach varlist1 list1 ?varlist2 list2 ...? body See the foreach(n) man page for usage. ns_while test body See the while(n) man page for usage. ns_lctl cancel id Mark the given loop to cancel at the next iteration, resulting in the loop returning with TCL_ERROR. ns_lctl eval id script ns_lctl info id ns_lctl install command ns_lctl list ns_lctl pause id ns_lctl result id SEE ALSO
for(n), foreach(n), while(n) KEYWORDS
threads, iteration, list, looping, cancel AOLserver 4.5 ns_lctl(3aolserver)