Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Java to tuxedo through cron
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Java to tuxedo through cron Post 302146593 by Cameron on Wednesday 21st of November 2007 09:05:45 AM
Old 11-21-2007
What version of Tuxedo are you running ??
Also can you post your current script and crontab statement ??

Cheers,
Cameron

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

java errors when calling from cron

I am more or less new to using cron, and I am trying to automate a log cleaning system I have made. The system basically cleans through WWW logs that are mounted on an NFS and creates text files for entry into a local PostgreSQL DB. For the past year I have been running the various scripts and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mntamago
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running java class with a cron

Hello everybody, I have a problem about running a java class with a cron : I have Cron.txt file which has : 0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * * * CronJava.txt I have CronJava.txt wihich has : cd ias/j2ee/SapAktarim/applications/SapAktarim/SapAktarim/WEB-INF/classes/;java -classpath... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: UBGandalf
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tuxedo for MQ???

Hi, I am new to the UNIX environment so putting this query here. Was working with mainframes till now. The UNIX system i am working on uses MQ series along with Tuxedo for communicating with mainframes. I want to know why is Tuxedo required in order to use MQ on the unix side? On mainframes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pav001
1 Replies

4. Programming

Re : Pass parameters from Cron job to Java code

Hello All, Hope all is fine. I am newbie to Unix. I am using Bourne Shell (sh). One of the question I have is that I am trying to read XML file and based on reading that XML file I want to run same java programs at different hours. When I run the Java code, I wanted to pass parameters to my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samshaw
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Parsing Tuxedo Logs

Right now I am parsing Tuxedo logs to calculate response times for various services. I was hoping to find a log tool that had support for Tuxedo and would generate drill down html reports. ---------- Post updated at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:33 PM ---------- I just wanted... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lurch
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help on tuxedo linking problem

Dear Unixians, I have try to link my libraries with tuxedo that showing following errors, ] My make file few lines: .... actual linking Please help on this. Thanks,KKL. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kkl
1 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

tuxedo information

Hi, Anyone know about tuxedo middleware tool. If you aware please guild me. 1) where will i get information about it ? 2) What kind of the basis issue ? I am new in tuxedo, I would like to aware before start my job. Thanks & Regards, Mani (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
1 Replies

8. Infrastructure Monitoring

Tuxedo Query

Hi , The tuxedo is installed in solaris server. I would like to grab one particular tuxedo service from solaris command line. Note: I would like to grab only for service related line. Thank & Regards, Mani (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script with Java code in Cron

Dear All, I have a shell script which has JAVA code inside it runs perfectly on command line. But while I set it on cron, all rest of the script runs but Java code doesnt. java -cp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deei
3 Replies
cron(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   cron(8)

NAME
cron - The system clock daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/cron DESCRIPTION
The cron daemon runs shell commands at specified dates and times. Commands that are to run according to a regular or periodic schedule are found within the crontab files. Commands that are to run once only are found within the at files. You submit crontab and at file entries by using the crontab and at commands. Because the cron process exits only when killed or when the system stops, only one cron daemon should exist on the system at any given time. Normally, you start the cron daemon from within a run command file. During process initialization and when cron detects a change, it examines the crontab and at files. This strategy reduces the overhead of checking for new or changed files at regularly scheduled intervals. The cron command creates a log of its activities. The cron daemon must be started from the system startup scripts because it must begin execution without a login user ID set. The cron daemon starts each job with the following process attributes stored with the job by the invoking process: Login user ID Effective and real user IDs Effective and real group IDs Supplementary groups It also establishes the following attributes from the authentication profile of the account associated with the login user ID of the invok- ing process: Audit control and disposition masks Kernel authorizations DIAGNOSTICS
The at and batch programs will refuse to accept jobs submitted from processes whose login user ID is different from the real user ID. FILES
Specifies the command path. Main cron directory Directory containing the crontab files. List of allowed users. List of denied users His- tory information for cron Queue description file for at, batch, and cron RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: at(1), crontab(1), rc0(8), rc2(8), rc3(8) Files: queuedefs(4) delim off cron(8)