Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: A screen oriented command!!
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting A screen oriented command!! Post 302146475 by kprescod4158 on Tuesday 20th of November 2007 07:33:30 PM
Old 11-20-2007
CPU & Memory A screen oriented command!!

Does a screen-oriented commands require you to specify an exact location or address for a particular operation ? Y or N cuz im having a debate right now in the office.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl + object-oriented programming help

Currently Im trying to write a program that manipulates a class-based object as part of its functionality. However, the perl compiler is complaining that the class's respective package is not returning a true value. I have done the following a) Created a new package containing the body of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

tail command not show on screen

Hi, I'm moniroting duplicate text with unix command (tail -f trace75747 | grep 'duplicate'), but it showed many lines then it stop show trace information although trace information in this file trace75747 always got. What should I do? I look forward to hearing from you. THANKS! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: seyha_moth
10 Replies

3. Fedora

default session in screen command

Hello sir, Im in a Fedora 9 system. Im using screen to invoke the session that is created by me. Whenever we open the terminal then a session is created by the operating system. I want to know what is the name of default session in screen command. I could not get it using "screen -ls". Can you... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsharath
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How long screen command runs?

Does screen command run forever? Suppose I have following command inserted at my putty shell followed by screen # screen # export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_21 # export ANT_HOME=/usr/ant # export PATH=$PATH:$JAVA_HOME/bin:$ANT_HOME/bin # export... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ninadgac
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

command line tool to disable screen lock and/or screen saver

Hi, I have a simple question : how to disable screen lock and/or sreen saver with command line with RHEL5.4 ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: albator1932
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo command with screen and ssh

Hi, i need to execute echo command to write in a txt file on a remote machine. i did it in this way: ssh user@remotemachine "echo "put text here" > /home/user/myfile.txt" I tried to run the same command within a detached screen in this way: ssh user@remotemachine screen -dm "echo "put... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brembo
3 Replies

7. Linux

Screen command

Hey Guys, Linux screen command is not working . listing shows it is attached and i pressed some ctrl keys and went out of control. i believe i locked it . when i try to reattach and press ctrl keys , it get typed in the screen without responding to it. Please tell how to unlock the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdsaleemj
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help with bash escaping while using screen command

Hello, everyone. I'm currently trying to write a command system for a Minecraft server using screen. Here are the scripts I'm currently using. 0.sh #!/bin/bash screen -S Test114 -dm java -Xmx4G -jar server.jar nogui 1.sh #!/bin/bash args="$@" args2="${args@Q}" #args3=`printf '%q\n'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Develon
2 Replies
FWIDE(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							  FWIDE(3)

NAME
fwide - set and determine the orientation of a FILE stream SYNOPSIS
#include <wchar.h> int fwide(FILE *stream, int mode); Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)): fwide(): _XOPEN_SOURCE >= 500 || _ISOC99_SOURCE || _POSIX_C_SOURCE >= 200112L DESCRIPTION
When mode is zero, the fwide() function determines the current orientation of stream. It returns a positive value if stream is wide-char- acter oriented, that is, if wide-character I/O is permitted but char I/O is disallowed. It returns a negative value if stream is byte ori- ented--that is, if char I/O is permitted but wide-character I/O is disallowed. It returns zero if stream has no orientation yet; in this case the next I/O operation might change the orientation (to byte oriented if it is a char I/O operation, or to wide-character oriented if it is a wide-character I/O operation). Once a stream has an orientation, it cannot be changed and persists until the stream is closed. When mode is nonzero, the fwide() function first attempts to set stream's orientation (to wide-character oriented if mode is greater than 0, or to byte oriented if mode is less than 0). It then returns a value denoting the current orientation, as above. RETURN VALUE
The fwide() function returns the stream's orientation, after possibly changing it. A positive return value means wide-character oriented. A negative return value means byte oriented. A return value of zero means undecided. CONFORMING TO
POSIX.1-2001, POSIX.1-2008, C99. NOTES
Wide-character output to a byte oriented stream can be performed through the fprintf(3) function with the %lc and %ls directives. Char oriented output to a wide-character oriented stream can be performed through the fwprintf(3) function with the %c and %s directives. SEE ALSO
fprintf(3), fwprintf(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2016-03-15 FWIDE(3)