Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Question about UNIX ioscan command Post 302146466 by Spilson on Tuesday 20th of November 2007 06:17:01 PM
Old 11-20-2007
Question about UNIX ioscan command

Hello there.

I have a question regarding the ioscan commnad.

When you execute the line ioscan -fnC processor it outputs a list of all processors in the machine.

Does this list displays only physical CPUs or does it displays each core?

For example, if i have a server with 1 Dual Core CPU, will the output be 1 processor or 2?

Thanks for the help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about a unix command...

hi all, got a question about grep, ive written a script (Bourne) and i'm using grep -i to search for a file and return the records that i'm looking for. This all works fine, but, i was wondering how i can get an error message if that word isn't in the file. E.G. the user enters: tree and if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wazzag
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question about DOS versus Unix Command?

Okay here is a DOS comparison. When I search for a file in DOS and I was not sure what directory it was in then I would put dir /s/o/p filename the s would tell it to look in every directory including subs, the o would sort it alphabetically and the p would limit the display to one page at a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
1 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

IOSCAN Command

I need to know what is the differance between ioscan comand and search command ,in addition I search in your site for more details on ioscan command but I found nothing. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kaswara
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix command question

I recently went in for a job interview and the guy asked me what I knew about Unix. I told him not much since I haven't worked with it in a few years. He then asked me the following question: What Unix or Linux shell command will tell you the names of all files in the current directory, along... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BMWBigD
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

question about wc command in Unix

Hi all I want to give a command which outputs the number of files have name ending in .pdf(output is just number). Can somebody help me (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thungmail
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris equivalent of the ioscan command

What is the Solaris equivalent of the HP-UX "ioscan -funC" command which lists all hardware on the system? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: etc
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix command line question

I'm new to Unix and I'm looking for some assistance. We have 20 different accounts we must login to every day. Logging in has become quite the chore and most nights, we have to log out. I'm looking for a way to simply copy and paste the commands into each window to make things easier. I have been... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Judo_Bear
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

ioscan command

Hi all ! I'm a newbie in HP-Unix . In HP-Unix ,'ioscan' command is used to scan I/O system but I don't know what the 'ioscan' command is in Linux/Unix ? I cannot find it in Linux/Unix OS . Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nemoflich
2 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Unix ls command question

There was a question that I have been asked, I won't lie it is from homework, regrading the ls, list, command and I am hopelessly lost and just can't seem to figure it out. Here is question: Summarized Question There is something about the naming of the files in a directory that cause ls,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheRaiderNation
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX command question

Hi Guys, I am new on the scripting world and would like ask for help if you can. Here are my questions below:- What Unix command(s) would you put in a shell script to read an ASCII comma-delimited input file and validate that field 5 only contains numeric characters? What Unix command(s)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahiwaga
5 Replies
psrinfo(1M)                                               System Administration Commands                                               psrinfo(1M)

NAME
psrinfo - displays information about processors SYNOPSIS
psrinfo [-p] [-v] [processor_id...] psrinfo [-p] -s processor_id DESCRIPTION
psrinfo displays information about processors. Each physical processor may support multiple virtual processors. Each virtual processor is an entity with its own interrupt ID, capable of executing independent threads. Without the processor_id operand, psrinfo displays one line for each configured processor, displaying whether it is on-line, non-interrupt- ible (designated by no-intr), spare, off-line, faulted or powered off, and when that status last changed. Use the processor_id operand to display information about a specific processor. See OPERANDS. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -s processor_id Silent mode. Displays 1 if the specified processor is fully on-line. Displays 0 if the specified processor is non-inter- ruptible, spare, off-line, faulted or powered off. Use silent mode when using psrinfo in shell scripts. -p Display the number of physical processors in a system. When combined with the -v option, reports additional information about each physical processor. -v Verbose mode. Displays additional information about the specified processors, including: processor type, floating point unit type and clock speed. If any of this information cannot be determined, psrinfo displays unknown. When combined with the -p option, reports additional information about each physical processor. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: processor_id The processor ID of the processor about which information is to be displayed. Specify processor_id as an individual processor number (for example, 3), multiple processor numbers separated by spaces (for example, 1 2 3), or a range of processor numbers (for example, 1-4). It is also possible to combine ranges and (indi- vidual or multiple) processor_ids (for example, 1-3 5 7-8 9). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Displaying Information About All Configured Processors in Verbose Mode The following example displays information about all configured processors in verbose mode. psrinfo -v Example 2: Determining If a Processor is On-line The following example uses psrinfo in a shell script to determine if a processor is on-line. if [ "`psrinfo -s 3 2> /dev/null`" -eq 1 ] then echo "processor 3 is up" fi Example 3: Displaying Information About the Physical Processors in the System With no additional arguments, the -p option displays a single integer: the number of physical processors in the system: > psrinfo -p 8 psrinfo also accepts command line arguments (processor IDs): > psrinfo -p 0 512 # IDs 0 and 512 exist on the 1 # same physical processor > psrinfo -p 0 1 # IDs 0 and 1 exist on different 2 # physical processors In this example, virtual processors 0 and 512 exist on the same physical processor. Virtual processors 0 and 1 do not. This is specific to this example and is and not a general rule. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
psradm(1M), p_online(2), processor_info(2), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
psrinfo: processor 9: Invalid argument The specified processor does not exist. SunOS 5.10 21 Feb 2004 psrinfo(1M)