Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Reg: SCP issue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reg: SCP issue Post 302146356 by edcrosbys on Tuesday 20th of November 2007 06:13:23 AM
Old 11-20-2007
Cmd you run:
sh -c 'test_cp | telnet'

Code:
#!/bin/ksh
dir_path=""/bp01/secftp/samsun/prfile/FTP/REFUND_RESTATEMENT_REPORTS/poirty/Production/Internal";

Code:
echo open $Infahost
sleep 1
echo $Infaftplogin
sleep 1
echo $Infaftppasswd
sleep 1
echo "/usr/local/bin/ssh -v pickme@brad.wanted.com << EOF"
sleep 5
echo "cp -R "$dir_path/mail rpt" $dir_path/Archive"
sleep 5
echo "EOF"
sleep 5

If you telnet to server1 and run this:
/usr/local/bin/ssh -v pickme@brad.wanted.com << EOF
cp -R "$dir_path/mail rpt" $dir_path/Archive
uname -a
EOF
uname -a

Does it print anything to the screen before the copy is done?
If everything is right, it should do a recursive copy, THEN print the remote servername and the local servername.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

reg:rm -R is not working

I am installing the my package in SCO unix 5.0 .so it will create some temporary directories and files and same will delete.So , 'rm -R ' is not working in system .in the package only it has given this command,so now without this command working we can not go forward. so kindly help in this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mokri_1980
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg : telnet password issue

Hi All, I am working on AIX 5.3. My requirement is to telnet to a server and scp a file from another server In my shell script i am using telnet to enter to a server and i am echoing the password as below echo open $Infahost sleep 1 echo $Infaftplogin sleep 1 echo $Infaftppasswd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam99
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

doubt reg SCP

Hi , I have a doubt reg SCP . For eg.. FileA is in host1 .Is it possible to receive fileA by logging to host2 using SCP.. Please let me know what is the major difference between scp and sftp.. We can use both for file transfer(correct me if am wrong) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogerben
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp issue

hi, after scp from a mac to a unix server and back a set of .wav files (originally generated by ppt with 'record narration') become corrupted somehow, and when opened the sound files has become noise. non-.wav files in the same folder are not affected. strangely, the problem only seems to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: halcroves
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp issue

I've got an ssh server on each pc in my LAN. I wanna use scp to copy files, but it doesn't work. 0;4:59pm% scp mghis@localhost:/home/mghis/foobar mghis@192.168.0.3:/home/mghis/foobar mghis@192.168.0.3's password: < I type in the remote password > mar 28 set 2010, 17.00.26, CEST 17:00:26 up... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
4 Replies

6. Solaris

scp issue

Hi I am trying to copy file from one server to another server. i used : scp filename username\@targerserver:path i got this is error : ssh: servername: node name or service name not known lost connection Please advice on this Thanks, Mani (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

scp/untar in parallel issue tar : Unexpected EOF in archive

Hi Guys, I am facing a strange issue while doing parallel (using & for background) scp/untar operation from my unix box to multiple unix boxes... I am getting tar : unexpected EOF in archive error the code is as follows.,,, for i in 10 do sh -c "scp <command> ; ssh tar -xf <tar> -C... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mihirvora16
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp/untar .tar file in parallel issue

Hi Guys, I am facing a strange issue while doing parallel (using & for background) scp/untar operation from my unix box to multiple unix boxes... I am getting tar : unexpected EOF in archive error the code is as follows.,,, for i in 10 do sh -c "scp <command> ; ssh tar -xf <tar> -C... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mihirvora16
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with scp to whole folder

previously 1 folder was created in a week. but now it creating more than 1 folder. shown as belowfor example:-------------------- 1 Aug A 2 Aug B 8 Aug M. Now i want scp to the whole content for whole folder. Let say in first week having 2 folder which need to scp to remaote in twice... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rabindratech
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't solve a simple SSH/scp issue.. Please help.

Disclaimer: I tried searching but wasn't able to get to the answer so please don't flame. Scenario: I have a root script that generates a file on box1 and then needs to scp it over to box2 using user1. Both boxes are running open-ssh. root@locat-host# scp /tmp/file1 user1@box2:/tmp/file1 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: denissi
10 Replies
sleep(1)						      General Commands Manual							  sleep(1)

NAME
sleep - Suspends execution for at least the specified time SYNOPSIS
sleep seconds STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: sleep: XCU5.0 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. OPTIONS
None OPERANDS
Non-negative integer specifying the number of seconds for which execution is to be suspended. DESCRIPTION
The sleep command suspends execution of a process for at least the interval specified by seconds, which can range from 0 to 2,147,483,647 seconds. Depending on system activity, the actual time of suspension may be longer. See the sleep(3) reference page. [Tru64 UNIX] seconds can be entered as a non-negative decimal, octal, or hexadecimal value. NOTES
If sleep receives a SIGALARM signal before process execution has resumed, sleep takes one of the following actions: Terminates normally with a 0 (zero) exit status. (See the sleep(3) reference page for more information.) Ignores the signal Performs default processing EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: Execution was successfully suspended for at least the requested time, or a SIGALARM signal was received. An error occurred. EXAMPLES
To display a message at 4-minute intervals for 20 minutes, create a shell script called remind containing the following: for i do sleep 240; echo $i sleep 240; echo $i sleep 240; echo $i sleep 240; echo $i sleep 240; echo $i done To display the message Try calling NHK at 4-minute intervals, enter: remind 'Try calling NHK' To run a command at regular intervals, create a shell script containing the following: while true do date sleep 60 done This displays the date and time once a minute. To execute a command after a specified interval, enter the following; (sleep 3600; echo Time's up) & This displays the message "Time's up" after one hour. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The following environment variables affect the execution of sleep: Provides a default value for the internationalization variables that are unset or null. If LANG is unset or null, the corresponding value from the default locale is used. If any of the internationalization vari- ables contain an invalid setting, the utility behaves as if none of the variables had been defined. If set to a non-empty string value, overrides the values of all the other internationalization variables. Determines the locale for the interpretation of sequences of bytes of text data as characters (for example, single-byte as opposed to multibyte characters in arguments). Determines the locale for the for- mat and contents of diagnostic messages written to standard error. Determines the location of message catalogues for the processing of LC_MESSAGES. SEE ALSO
Commands: wait(1) Functions: alarm(3), pause(3), sigaction(2), sleep(3) Standards: standards(5) sleep(1)