Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Reg: SCP issue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reg: SCP issue Post 302146282 by edcrosbys on Monday 19th of November 2007 11:20:53 PM
Old 11-20-2007
What errors are you getting when you run the script?
Have you run it by hand, or put set -x at the top?

It appears that you are not using scp at all, but using telnet to connect to a server to ssh to remote into anoter box and then running multiple copy commands. The cp command will not return a prompt before it is done copying, so a sleep wouldn't do any good.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

reg:rm -R is not working

I am installing the my package in SCO unix 5.0 .so it will create some temporary directories and files and same will delete.So , 'rm -R ' is not working in system .in the package only it has given this command,so now without this command working we can not go forward. so kindly help in this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mokri_1980
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg : telnet password issue

Hi All, I am working on AIX 5.3. My requirement is to telnet to a server and scp a file from another server In my shell script i am using telnet to enter to a server and i am echoing the password as below echo open $Infahost sleep 1 echo $Infaftplogin sleep 1 echo $Infaftppasswd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam99
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

doubt reg SCP

Hi , I have a doubt reg SCP . For eg.. FileA is in host1 .Is it possible to receive fileA by logging to host2 using SCP.. Please let me know what is the major difference between scp and sftp.. We can use both for file transfer(correct me if am wrong) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogerben
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp issue

hi, after scp from a mac to a unix server and back a set of .wav files (originally generated by ppt with 'record narration') become corrupted somehow, and when opened the sound files has become noise. non-.wav files in the same folder are not affected. strangely, the problem only seems to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: halcroves
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp issue

I've got an ssh server on each pc in my LAN. I wanna use scp to copy files, but it doesn't work. 0;4:59pm% scp mghis@localhost:/home/mghis/foobar mghis@192.168.0.3:/home/mghis/foobar mghis@192.168.0.3's password: < I type in the remote password > mar 28 set 2010, 17.00.26, CEST 17:00:26 up... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
4 Replies

6. Solaris

scp issue

Hi I am trying to copy file from one server to another server. i used : scp filename username\@targerserver:path i got this is error : ssh: servername: node name or service name not known lost connection Please advice on this Thanks, Mani (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

scp/untar in parallel issue tar : Unexpected EOF in archive

Hi Guys, I am facing a strange issue while doing parallel (using & for background) scp/untar operation from my unix box to multiple unix boxes... I am getting tar : unexpected EOF in archive error the code is as follows.,,, for i in 10 do sh -c "scp <command> ; ssh tar -xf <tar> -C... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mihirvora16
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp/untar .tar file in parallel issue

Hi Guys, I am facing a strange issue while doing parallel (using & for background) scp/untar operation from my unix box to multiple unix boxes... I am getting tar : unexpected EOF in archive error the code is as follows.,,, for i in 10 do sh -c "scp <command> ; ssh tar -xf <tar> -C... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mihirvora16
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with scp to whole folder

previously 1 folder was created in a week. but now it creating more than 1 folder. shown as belowfor example:-------------------- 1 Aug A 2 Aug B 8 Aug M. Now i want scp to the whole content for whole folder. Let say in first week having 2 folder which need to scp to remaote in twice... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rabindratech
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't solve a simple SSH/scp issue.. Please help.

Disclaimer: I tried searching but wasn't able to get to the answer so please don't flame. Scenario: I have a root script that generates a file on box1 and then needs to scp it over to box2 using user1. Both boxes are running open-ssh. root@locat-host# scp /tmp/file1 user1@box2:/tmp/file1 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: denissi
10 Replies
XRLOGIN(1)						      General Commands Manual							XRLOGIN(1)

NAME
xrlogin - start an xterm that uses ssh (or optionally rlogin or telnet) to connect to a remote host SYNOPSIS
xrlogin [-l username] [-rlogin|-telnet] [xterm options] remote-host DESCRIPTION
Xrlogin opens an xterm window and runs ssh, rlogin or telnet to login to a remote host. Xrlogin automatically passes the -name argument to xterm with a value of "xterm-hostname" where hostname is the name of the remote host. This allows the user to specify resources in their server's resource manager which are specific to xterms from a given host. For example, this feature can be used to make all xterm windows to a given remote host be the same color or use a specific font or start up in a spe- cific place on the screen. Xrsh(1) passes the same string so they are compatible in this regard. Xrlogin specifies that the default title for the new xterm will be "hostname" where hostname is the name of the remote host. This and the -name argument above can be overridden with xterm-options on the command line. One could also use xrlogin's sister command xrsh(1) to open a window to a remote host. In the case of xrsh, the xterm would run on the remote host and use X as the connection protocol while xrlogin would run the xterm on the local host and use rlogin or telnet as the con- nection protocol. See xrsh(1) for a discussion of the merits of each scheme. OPTIONS
-l username When not using -telnet, use username as the id to login to the remote host. -rlogin Use the rlogin protocol to open the connection. In general rlogin is preferred because it can be configured to not prompt the user for a password. Rlogin also automatically propagates window size change signals (SIGWINCH) to the remote host so that applications running there will learn of a new window size. -telnet Use the -telnet protocol to open the connection. Use of telnet provided mostly for hosts that don't support rlogin. COMMON PROBLEMS
Make sure that the local host is specified in the .rhosts file on the remote host or in the remote hosts /etc/hosts.equiv file. See rlogin(1) for more information. EXAMPLES
xrlogin -bg red yoda Start a local red xterm which connects to the remote host yoda using rlogin. xrlogin -telnet c70 Open a local xterm which connects to the remote host c70 using telnet. SEE ALSO
xrsh(1), rlogin(1), telnet(1) AUTHOR
James J. Dempsey <jjd@jjd.com> and Stephen Gildea <gildea@intouchsys.com>. X Version 11 Release 6 XRLOGIN(1)