Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators UNIX Forums Users Group - LinkedIn ? Post 302146263 by Bobby on Monday 19th of November 2007 10:05:04 PM
Old 11-19-2007
Question UNIX Forums Users Group - LinkedIn ?

I received an email claiming to invite me to some sort of user group connected through this forum. I did not click the link because the email is of dubious appearance. Is this group legit and is there other information about it someplace?

Thank you.

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. What is on Your Mind?

Invitation to join the UNIX Forums Users Group on LinkedIn

Hi Folks, You’re invited to be the first to join the UNIX Forums Users Group on LinkedIn. Joining will allow you to find and contact other UNIX Forums Users Group members on LinkedIn. The goal of this group is to help members: Reach other members of the UNIX Forums Users Group Accelerate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
Mail::Verify(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Mail::Verify(3pm)

NAME
Mail::Verify - Utility to verify an email address SYNOPSIS
use Mail::Verify; DESCRIPTION
"Mail::Verify" provides a function CheckAddress function for verifying email addresses. First the syntax of the email address is checked, then it verifies that there is at least one valid MX server accepting email for the domain. Using Net::DNS and IO::Socket a list of MX records (or, falling back on a hosts A record) are checked to make sure at least one SMTP server is accepting connections. ERRORS
Here are a list of return codes and what they mean: 0 The email address appears to be valid. 1 No email address was supplied. 2 There is a syntaxical error in the email address. 3 There are no DNS entries for the host in question (no MX records or A records). 4 There are no live SMTP servers accepting connections for this email address. EXAMPLES
This example shows obtaining an email address from a form field and verifying it. use CGI qw/:standard/; use Mail::Verify; my $q = new CGI; [...] my $email = $q->param("emailaddr"); my $email_ck = Mail::Verify::CheckAddress( $email ); if( $email_ck ) { print '<h1>Form input error: Invalid email address.</h1>'; } [...] perl v5.8.8 2002-06-09 Mail::Verify(3pm)