Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting colors in BASH, doubt with script Post 302146138 by porter on Monday 19th of November 2007 03:06:29 AM
Old 11-19-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaduks
#!/bin/sh
Here you are not using bash.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing korn shell script text Menu colors?

Is it possible to change the color of text in a korn shell script Menu? I can change the color of session text through my telnet client but I want to be able to change color text in the Korn shell menu to highlight certain items. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: darthur
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

colors in ksh script

hello! I'd like to print on screen amessage. What can I do to print this message with blue fonts. thanks... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hoang
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash scripting doubt

i need to check if any user has logged-in more than once in different terminals and then print the count of those login, so i wrote this command, who -H | wc -l but i feel its not accurate , something is wrong ,i have been trying for a long time by trial n error to solve it, but i need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiphias
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Colors in Ksh Script

Hi All, is it poosible to Print the error messages in colors.., i am using KSH..., i have tried the following, echo "\033 Hi This is Sam!!! But, when i tried to redirect in to a log file, i am getting as follows, echo "\033 1 line, 31 characters ^[[34m Hi This is Sikki!!! ^[[0m ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Serious Sam
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

i have a doubt with the awk script??

Hi Guys, I am new to this forum, i have doubt with a awk script. I want to generate a list where i can busiest hour from a list of a data. 05/19/2008 14:27:19 - avg: 0 max: 0 min: 0 samples: 0 total: 0 05/19/2008 14:28:19 - avg: 0 max: 0 min: 0 samples: 0 total: 0 05/19/2008 14:29:19 -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asirohi
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script doubt?

Dear friends, I have two files. In first file first column ($1), i have numbers. The second file containes, the same number in the fourth column($4). I need a output file, matching the first file column 1 with second file column 4. The main thing is the output file lines will be sorted... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanth.vadalur
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash 'shopt' doubt

Hi, I am using bash shell's extended pattern matching. What tweak the following code needs in order to get the expected output? shopt -s extglob f="a@b@_c@d@_e" echo "${f/@(@|@_)/__}" My expected output is: a__b__c__d__e but the actual output is: a__b@_c@d@_e # that is, how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash shell scripting doubt

Hello All, I am setting up a cron job, where i am calling a shell script to make few builds. I got struck at a point, need some expert inputs to proceed further. The script is categorized in 5 parts and in the last part while building software it asks for few questions like:- 1. Build mode... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahil_jammu
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script: problem with a function which use colors

Hello guys :) I've a some issue with a function which use the bash colors in my script. An example : #!/bin/bash set -x log_in(){ host="srv1" remote_files="log/" LOG_FILE="logfile" green='\033]; then color_in_red=("${red}"$2"${none}") echo -e... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arnaudh78
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies
XmGetColors(library call)												 XmGetColors(library call)

NAME
XmGetColors -- A function that generates foreground, select, and shadow colors SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/Xm.h> void XmGetColors( Screen * screen, Colormap colormap, Pixel background, Pixel * foreground, Pixel * top_shadow, Pixel * bottom_shadow, Pixel * select); DESCRIPTION
XmGetColors takes a screen, a colormap, and a background pixel, and returns pixel values for foreground, select, and shadow colors. screen Specifies the screen for which these colors should be allocated. colormap Specifies the colormap from which these colors should be allocated. background Specifies the background on which the colors should be based. foreground Specifies a pointer to the returned foreground pixel value. If this argument is NULL, no value is allocated or returned for this color. top_shadow Specifies a pointer to the returned top shadow pixel value. If this argument is NULL, no value is allocated or returned for this color. bottom_shadow Specifies a pointer to the returned bottom shadow pixel value. If this argument is NULL, no value is allocated or returned for this color. select Specifies a pointer to the returned select pixel value. If this argument is NULL, no value is allocated or returned for this color. RELATED
XmChangeColor(3), XmGetColorCalculation(3), and XmSetColorCalculation(3). XmGetColors(library call)