Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Problem regarding :::: Xen virtual console Post 302145949 by arunchaudhary19 on Thursday 15th of November 2007 11:48:45 PM
Old 11-16-2007
Check for it also:::::::::::::::::::

title Fedora Core NEW (2.6.18-1.2798.fc6xen)
root (hd0,0)
kernel /xen.gz-2.6.18-1.2798.fc6
module /vmlinuz-2.6.18-1.2798.fc6xen ro root=LABEL=/ xencons=xvcX
module /initrd-2.6.18-1.2798.fc6xen.img

this is the copy that I had made to my grub.conf.........
Is this also a solution?????
but when I boot my system than It shows too many failures with booting .....
(different - diffrent modules failed at start up)

Also tell me What ever modifications you told me I should make their individual Entry or just edit to my earlier grub.conf

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Console IO Problem ...

Does UNIX have a header file that provide the same functions as "conio.h" in Turbo C of DOS? In Turbo C of DOS, "conio.h" provide some special console IO funtions, for example, change the text color, print out a text with a specific co-ordinate, etc ... With these special functions, I can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MacMonster
1 Replies

2. AIX

Console problem

Dear gentlemen I faced one problem when i made shutdown to my server AIX pserise/6000 the problem is the console (my console is outside not inside the server) corrupted during shutdown and restart so in this case I have to reinstall the linux in the console to allow me manage LPARS in the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: magasem
11 Replies

3. Solaris

T5220 Console Problem

Hi Peeps, Apologies if this is the wrong forum for this, if it is can someone point me in the direction of the right one? Problem: I've dropped an XVR-300 Graphics card into a T5220, configured it to output and input from the screen and keyboard instead of the virtual console. It... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
3 Replies

4. Ubuntu

ubuntu 9.10 virtual console issue

i'm having a frustrating issue with virtual consoles on my ubuntu 9.10 setup i was having trouble accessing the virtual consoles at all (no visible display) so i installed XDM and set it as the default X login manager) now when i hit ctl-alt F1-F6 instead of the usual getty (login prompt) i get... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hopper195
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Problem with Console Connection

I'm having a problem establishing a console connection between a V240 and a V440. I verified and re verified the connection was in the correct places. Commands: # tip hardwire connected Nothing happens after that. Other V440's work fine with the receiving the connection. Is there a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: adelsin
8 Replies

6. SuSE

Xen Virtual Manager

Never used this before, so I just did the simple thing, and tried installing an OS. The only OS that worked is Suse Linux. All the rest hung at the select OS screen. Do other OS's (like Windows/Unix) have to have drivers or a configuration file, etc, installed prior to running the install. Well... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Virtual Console RedHat

Hi all, I am new to this forum, I have been searching on how I can select text in a virtual console in RedHat without any luck, I would liek to select the text without using a mouse, just with keyboard, not only to select text but to move around the lines, I know Shift+PageUP will scroll up and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ed_v_eta
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to perform kickstart installation with virtual floppy image from ILO console?

HI All, I have created a kickstart file and converted into .img with below procedure to mount this as a floppy image file to supply the kickstart file during the installation time. But installation failing with unknown ks file location and other error messages. 1. Build an empty floppy... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venumutyalu
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Virtual Terminal (Console) showing non-global zone?

Hope that everyone is doing well today. Happy Friday. I am running an illumos (opensolaris) based system which is like SmartOS, OmniOS, and OpenIndiana I have been searching all over the Internet into various documents and forms that have to do with Solaris, Opensolaris, Illumos, and SmartOS... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LonnieTC
3 Replies
OCF_HEARTBEAT_XEN(7)						OCF resource agents					      OCF_HEARTBEAT_XEN(7)

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_Xen - Manages Xen unprivileged domains (DomUs) SYNOPSIS
Xen [start | stop | migrate_from | migrate_to | monitor | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
Resource Agent for the Xen Hypervisor. Manages Xen virtual machine instances by mapping cluster resource start and stop, to Xen create and shutdown, respectively. A note on names We will try to extract the name from the config file (the xmfile attribute). If you use a simple assignment statement, then you should be fine. Otherwise, if there's some python acrobacy involved such as dynamically assigning names depending on other variables, and we will try to detect this, then please set the name attribute. You should also do that if there is any chance of a pathological situation where a config file might be missing, for example if it resides on a shared storage. If all fails, we finally fall back to the instance id to preserve backward compatibility. Para-virtualized guests can also be migrated by enabling the meta_attribute allow-migrate. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
xmfile Absolute path to the Xen control file, for this virtual machine. (required, string, no default) name Name of the virtual machine. (optional, string, no default) shutdown_timeout The Xen agent will first try an orderly shutdown using xm shutdown. Should this not succeed within this timeout, the agent will escalate to xm destroy, forcibly killing the node. If this is not set, it will default to two-third of the stop action timeout. Setting this value to 0 forces an immediate destroy. (optional, boolean, no default) allow_mem_management This parameter enables dynamic adjustment of memory for start and stop actions used for Dom0 and the DomUs. The default is to not adjust memory dynamically. (optional, boolean, default 0) reserved_Dom0_memory In case memory management is used, this parameter defines the minimum amount of memory to be reserved for the dom0. The default minimum memory is 512MB. (optional, string, default 512) monitor_scripts To additionally monitor services within the unprivileged domain, add this parameter with a list of scripts to monitor. (optional, string, no default) SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 60. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 40. migrate_from Executes steps necessary for migrating the resource away from the node. Suggested minimum timeout: 120. migrate_to Executes steps necessary for migrating the resource to the node. Suggested minimum timeout: 120. monitor Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 30. Suggested interval: 10. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 5. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a Xen resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive example_Xen ocf:heartbeat:Xen params xmfile=string meta allow-migrate="true" op monitor depth="0" timeout="30" interval="10" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/Xen_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) resource-agents 1.0.3 07/05/2010 OCF_HEARTBEAT_XEN(7)