Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Parameters and background
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Parameters and background Post 302145549 by porter on Wednesday 14th of November 2007 03:27:18 PM
Old 11-14-2007
What platform?

Are you using some strange character set?

What interface/terminal etc are you using?

Can you paste exactly the command here?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Parameters Help.

I can test for one parameter but anything more then that and I get an Error. I forgot I run this batch in a shell #!/bin/sh ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Write a batch program that accepts a keyword as a parameter and finds all the files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: james2006
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

parameters

I have a script that needs to check if the given parameters are a combination of 0123456789 and not a word or another irelevant character.please help (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aekaramg20
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

background output

Question: I run a script to check a filesystem or two and put it in the background vi a ssh session. Now, upon killing the window(ssh session) the script will of course keep running, BUT if I log back into the box via ssh how can I get the output of the script back to my ssh session/window? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smtpgeek
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

parameters

i'm supposed to come up with a script that -accepts a directory as an optional command line parameter -display an error message and terminates if more than one parameter is provided -use the current directory if no parameter is provided -displays an error message and terminates if the provided... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaay
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Background jobs

If I run a job in the background and logoff. Will the job continue to run or will my processes be killed ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jxh461
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

wait in background

can a wait command be run in background? or the script which has the wait command, be run background? test.sh ------- nohup a.sh & nohup b.sh & wait nohup test.sh & How can i run either wait or test.sh in background? i want test.sh to wait till a.sh and b.sh complete, and must be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: albertashish
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

More than nine parameters

Hi, please tell me the systax for passing 11 variables(including 4compulsory variables) in shell program. ORA_USERPASS=`echo $1` USERID=`echo $2` USERNAME=`echo $3` REQUESTID=`echo $4` P5=`echo $5` P6=`echo $6` P7=`echo $7` P8=`echo $8` P9=`echo $9` shift P10=`echo $9` shift... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anitha126
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Xclock and background

Hi everyone, could you explain why am I not able to bring up xclock, or for that matter any Xtools (xcalc etc...), in the background? When I execute: xclock & This brings up the clock in the foreground, my focus is on the clock, not back in my command window. Any suggestion? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio001
2 Replies

9. AIX

tuning network parameters : parameters not persist after reboot

Hello, On Aix 5.2, we changed the parameters tcp_keepinit, tcp_keepintvl and tcp_keepidle with the no command. tunrestore -R is present in inittab in the directory /etc/tunables we can clearly see the inclusion of parameters during reboot, including the file lastboot.log ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dantares
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting parameters

Hi, I have 2 scripts one master.sh and child.sh. The master runs on a separate server and pushes the child script to the desginated server and runs it.The child script configures the designated server for our day to day use and it has lot of interactive questions which help the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: a12ka4
4 Replies
curs_bkgd(3X)															     curs_bkgd(3X)

NAME
bkgdset, wbkgdset, bkgd, wbkgd, getbkgd - curses window background manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
#include <curses.h> void bkgdset(chtype ch); void wbkgdset(WINDOW *win, chtype ch); int bkgd(chtype ch); int wbkgd(WINDOW *win, chtype ch); chtype getbkgd(WINDOW *win); DESCRIPTION
The bkgdset and wbkgdset routines manipulate the background of the named window. The window background is a chtype consisting of any com- bination of attributes (i.e., rendition) and a character. The attribute part of the background is combined (OR'ed) with all non-blank characters that are written into the window with waddch. Both the character and attribute parts of the background are combined with the blank characters. The background becomes a property of the character and moves with the character through any scrolling and insert/delete line/character operations. To the extent possible on a particular terminal, the attribute part of the background is displayed as the graphic rendition of the charac- ter put on the screen. The bkgd and wbkgd functions set the background property of the current or specified window and then apply this setting to every character position in that window: The rendition of every character on the screen is changed to the new background rendition. Wherever the former background character appears, it is changed to the new background character. The getbkgd function returns the given window's current background character/attribute pair. RETURN VALUE
The routines bkgd and wbkgd return the integer OK. The SVr4.0 manual says "or a non-negative integer if immedok is set", but this appears to be an error. NOTES
Note that bkgdset and bkgd may be macros. PORTABILITY
These functions are described in the XSI Curses standard, Issue 4. It specifies that bkgd and wbkgd return ERR on failure. but gives no failure conditions. SEE ALSO
curses(3X), curs_addch(3X), curs_attr(3X), curs_outopts(3X) curs_bkgd(3X)