Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to make syntax into a korn script?? Post 302145489 by llsmr777 on Wednesday 14th of November 2007 11:36:06 AM
Old 11-14-2007
total user error. I apologize it does work!

Now I have 2 columns, how can I group by column 1 and then sort by column 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by llsmr777 View Post
Also when do you know to use:

print
echo
or begin???

depending on the context/tool that's being used - when/if you have time I'd love an explanation or a good website maybe I can read about it?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

korn syntax

Hi, how do I write this condition in korn shell: file="*.html" if then echo "$file" fi I am trying to find all html files from a input text file that were created today and ftp them to a different server. please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sajjad02
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

korn shell script

hello., i have 2 files.. 1 file is in this folder /home/test/ssk/DSA.WLG.20050713211544.20050710.20050713211544 (this part) other file is in this folder /home/kk/dev/DSA.WLG.20050711210100.20050710.20050711210100 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pavan_test
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with Korn script

Hello All.. Can someone tell me how to use "backspace" key in a script. I tried to use ^C (type from the keyboard) but its not working. I know its a silly question to ask but I am really frustated with this thing for good 1 hour or so. I am trying to provide an input file to a script so that I do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaix14
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a BATCH script from my korn script with multiparameters

I've this BATCH script to run from my korn script... The command is /usr/local/BATCH/runBatch.sh PARAM1 'PARAM2 -PARAM21 PARAM22' (runBatch takes parameter 1 = PARAM1 parameter 2 = 'PARAM2 -PARAM21 PARAM22' ) If i run this command from command line it just runs fine... ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash184u
7 Replies

5. Web Development

How to make "enter" work in HTML syntax

I have one syntax to find something from desktop on server, the script is as below, I actually speaking don't know anything in this script. It creates a window, where i get a drop down boxes with folder names given below and a blank box where i have to put the folder name to search. and then I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patilrakesh1984
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass null value to sql script from korn shell script

There are 4 parameters that I have to pass from korn shell to sql script. 1) I have to check if $1 , $2 , $3 and $4 are null values or not . How can I do that ? 2) Once its determined that these values are null (in the sense they are empty) how can I pass null values to sql script... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with korn script

Hi guys, I am new to unix scripting. I have a folder rx and it has subfolders rx1,rx2 and rx3 each subfolder has 4 directories each load,land,arch and extr I have the below tar and rm commands using wich we should write a shell script rx1-- tar -cf... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kornscript
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to korn shell script

I have a perl script which replaces "*" with "|" and "~" with "\n" also it takes the file content starting with ST till record starting with SE written a differnet file, I wanted this to be convereted into KSH script, can anyone help me perl script: perl -e ' $file_counter=0;... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: atlantis_yy
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass script with parameter in korn shell script

I have written a script which will take input parameter as another script. However, if the script passed as input parameter has parameters then this script doesn't work. I have a script b.ksh which has 1 and 2 as parameters I have a script c.ksh which has 3,4 and 5 as parameters vi a.ksh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vee
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot find correct syntax to make file name uppercase letters

I have a file name : var=UsrAccChgRpt I want to make them upper case. Tried: $var | tr Error: tr: Invalid combination of options and Strings. Usage: tr | -ds | -s | -ds | -s ] String1 String2 tr { -d | -s | -d | -s } String1 Could you please help. I am using AIX... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
2 Replies
COLUMN(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 COLUMN(1)

NAME
column -- columnate lists SYNOPSIS
column [-tx] [-c columns] [-s sep] [file ...] DESCRIPTION
The column utility formats its input into multiple columns. Rows are filled before columns. Input is taken from file operands, or, by default, from the standard input. Empty lines are ignored. The options are as follows: -c Output is formatted for a display columns wide. -s Specify a set of characters to be used to delimit columns for the -t option. -t Determine the number of columns the input contains and create a table. Columns are delimited with whitespace, by default, or with the characters supplied using the -s option. Useful for pretty-printing displays. -x Fill columns before filling rows. ENVIRONMENT
The COLUMNS, LANG, LC_ALL and LC_CTYPE environment variables affect the execution of column as described in environ(7). EXIT STATUS
The column utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
(printf "PERM LINKS OWNER GROUP SIZE MONTH DAY " ; printf "HH:MM/YEAR NAME " ; ls -l | sed 1d) | column -t SEE ALSO
colrm(1), ls(1), paste(1), sort(1) HISTORY
The column command appeared in 4.3BSD-Reno. BUGS
Input lines are limited to LINE_MAX (2048) bytes in length. BSD
July 29, 2004 BSD