Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking problem with network print server Post 302145427 by porter on Wednesday 14th of November 2007 05:59:46 AM
Old 11-14-2007
It sounds like you'll need to look at the samba setup on the printer server.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

home network - can you have a primary name server, or only a caching-only name server

i'm setting up a solaris 9 box to be my home network's DNS server. actually it's up and running, but it's set as a caching-only name server. can i set it up to be the primary name server? what are the advantages if i can set it up to be a primary name server vs. a caching only name server? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to fire a print job on a printer at DHCP network??

Hi All, I have an issue related to printing on a printer at DHCP network. We have n numbers of printers which can be attached to n numbers of telnet clients of a server. Telnet sessions can be obtained from any machine and any available printer will be attached to that machine. Our aim is to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajgupta
2 Replies

3. Solaris

network config problem - how to set the server for others to ssh without password

Hi, I want to ssh the linux server without inputting the password, how can I config this server? Thanks in advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GCTEII
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Print Problem in UNIX. Need to know the option to specify the print paper size

Hi, Could any one please let me know what is the option available in UNIX to print by specifying the paper size? We are using Unix11i. I could n't see any option specified in the 'lp' command to print the report by specifying the size of the paper. It would be of great help to me, if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ukarthik
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

print a file on a network printer from one lan to another

Hi, I have 2 different lan, each with a pc an a network printer. I can access both lan using ssh. how do I print a file from the first lan to a network printer on the second one. Thanks in advance Philippe sorry it was suposed to go to the dummies forum (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amazilia
3 Replies

6. IP Networking

ssh server is attachable from local network not from another network

hello i have a ubuntu ssh server that i can acess from any of my comnputers but only if they are on the same wireless network as the server. i tested trhis my tehtehring my samsung blackjack to my windows partition and installing openssh to windows it works when windows is on the wireless but no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: old noob
1 Replies

7. AIX

AIX OS problem? network problem?

Dear ALL. I installed AIX OS on customer sites. but Only one site is too slow when I connected telnet, ftp.. Ping is too fast. but telnet and FTP is not connected.. of course i check the configuration file on aix but it's normal. Do any Idea?? thanks in advance. - Jun - (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeon Jun Seok
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print all Host on local network

Hello guys, I would like to develop a script which takes a host name as argument and displays a message whether the host is on the local network or not. How can I accomplish that? Is there a file or command that I can use to list all host on the local network? :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Learn4Life
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print to a network printer on DG/UX

i need to print a file on a network printer with an ip 128.233.1.6 (for example) on a DG/UX (System V) Release 5.4R3.10 so that when telnet from windows client can print on the network printer. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamwa
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Setting up Solaris 10 to print to a windows print server

Guys, I have a issue that I am trying to rectify please advise. lpstat -t shows scheduler is running printer lext644 disabled since Mon Dec 02 19:48:18 2013. available.I have restarted the printer service and it shows online but the above says disabled. I have a lot of jobs in the print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terrywhitejr
1 Replies
cupsaddsmb(8)							    Apple Inc.							     cupsaddsmb(8)

NAME
cupsaddsmb - export printers to samba for windows clients SYNOPSIS
cupsaddsmb [ -H samba-server ] [ -U samba-user[%samba-password] ] [ -h cups-server[:port] ] [ -v ] -a cupsaddsmb [ -H samba-server ] [ -U samba-user[%samba-password] ] [ -h cups-server[:port] ] [ -v ] printer [ ... printer ] DESCRIPTION
cupsaddsmb exports printers to the SAMBA software (version 2.2.0 or higher) for use with Windows clients. Depending on the SAMBA configura- tion, you may need to provide a password to export the printers. This program requires the Windows printer driver files described below. OPTIONS
cupsaddsmb supports the following options: -H samba-server Specifies the SAMBA server which defaults to the CUPS server. -U samba-user[%samba-password] Specifies the SAMBA print admin username which defaults to your current username. If the username contains a percent (%) character, then the text following the percent is treated as the SAMBA password to use. -a Exports all known printers. Otherwise only the named printers are exported. -h cups-server[:port] Specifies a different CUPS server to use. -v Specifies that verbose information should be shown. This is useful for debugging SAMBA configuration problems. SAMBA CONFIGURATION
cupsaddsmb uses the new RPC-based printing support in SAMBA 2.2.x to provide printer drivers and PPD files to Windows client machines. In order to use this functionality, you must first configure the SAMBA smb.conf(5) file to support printing through CUPS and provide a printer driver download share, as follows: [global] load printers = yes printing = cups printcap name = cups [printers] comment = All Printers path = /var/spool/samba browseable = no public = yes guest ok = yes writable = no printable = yes [print$] comment = Printer Drivers path = /etc/samba/drivers browseable = yes guest ok = no read only = yes write list = root This configuration assumes a FHS-compliant installation of SAMBA; adjust the [printers] and [print$] share paths accordingly on your system as needed. MICROSOFT POSTSCRIPT DRIVERS FOR WINDOWS
The base driver for Windows 2000 and higher is the Microsoft PostScript driver, which is available on any system running Windows 2000 or higher in the %WINDIR%SYSTEM32SPOOLDRIVERSW32X863 folder for 32-bit drivers and %WINDIR%SYSTEM32SPOOLDRIVERSX643 folder for 64-bit drivers. The CUPS printer driver is preferred over the Microsoft driver since it supports the page-label, job-billing, and job-hold-until options fully on all printers. However, currently only Windows 2000 and higher is supported by the Microsoft driver, so you will also need to get the Adobe driver to support Windows 95, 98, and Me clients. The Adobe and Microsoft drivers for Windows 2000 are identical. Once you have extracted the driver files, copy the 32-bit drivers to the /usr/share/cups/drivers directory and the 64-bit drivers to the /usr/share/cups/drivers/x64 directory exactly as named below: [Windows 2000 and higher] ps5ui.dll pscript.hlp pscript.ntf pscript5.dll Note: Unlike Windows, case is significant - make sure that you use the lowercase filenames shown above, otherwise cupsaddsmb will fail to export the drivers. CUPS POSTSCRIPT DRIVERS FOR WINDOWS
cupsaddsmb can use the CUPS v6 PostScript printer driver for Windows, which is available for download from the CUPS web site. The CUPS printer driver is preferred over the Adobe and Microsoft drivers since it supports the page-label, job-billing, and job-hold-until options fully on all printers. However, currently only Windows 2000 and higher is supported by the CUPS driver, so you will also need to get the Adobe driver to support Windows 95, 98, and Me clients. Once you have extracted the driver files, copy the 32-bit drivers to the /usr/share/cups/drivers directory and the 64-bit drivers to the /usr/share/cups/drivers/x64 directory exactly as named below: [Windows 2000 and higher] cups6.inf (from www.cups.org) cups6.ini (from www.cups.org) cupsps6.dll (from www.cups.org) cupsui6.dll (from www.cups.org) ps5ui.dll (from your Windows system) pscript.hlp (from your Windows system) pscript.ntf (from your Windows system) pscript5.dll (from your Windows system) Note: Unlike Windows, case is significant - make sure that you use the lowercase filenames shown above, otherwise cupsaddsmb will fail to export the drivers. ADOBE POSTSCRIPT DRIVERS FOR WINDOWS 95, 98, AND ME cupsaddsmb can use the Adobe PostScript printer driver for Windows 95, 98, and ME, which are available for download from the Adobe web site (http://www.adobe.com). The Adobe driver does not support the page-label, job-billing, or job-hold-until options. Once you have installed the driver on a Windows system, copy the following files to the /usr/share/cups/drivers directory exactly as named below: [Windows 95, 98, and Me] ADFONTS.MFM ADOBEPS4.DRV ADOBEPS4.HLP ICONLIB.DLL PSMON.DLL Note: Unlike Windows, case is significant - make sure that you use the UPPERCASE filenames shown above, otherwise cupsaddsmb will fail to export the drivers. KNOWN ISSUES
Getting the full set of Windows driver files should be easier. SEE ALSO
smbd(8), smb.conf(5), http://localhost:631/help http://www.cups.org/windows/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2009 by Apple Inc. 25 July 2007 CUPS cupsaddsmb(8)