Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Wierd thing about FSs and VGs Post 302145280 by FL1 on Tuesday 13th of November 2007 03:37:10 PM
Old 11-13-2007
Yellow Book - Has anyone worked with this?

Hey everyone,

I'm new to this site and can't figure out how to post a new post. Has anyone worked with Yellow book? If so, could you provide me with more details around this?

Thank You

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Wierd Message????

I am getting this message when I run my script. $ runscript.sh Not connected to any service! Here is the beginning of the script: # 1 - failure # # variable declaration FILEDATE=`date +"%Y%m%d"` Not connected to any service! Right after the FILEDATE gets loaded I get that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lesstjm
6 Replies

2. Solaris

wierd sparc 5

Hi! I own a sparc 5 and i seem to have a strange problem. When its off, it starts by itself... Sounds a bit strange? Iknow. Does anyone know whats causing this?? Could it be the network card? or is it someting in ENV or some other configuration?? //dOzY (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dozy
5 Replies

3. AIX

no VGs found

When I give lsvg command It says no VGs found When I give lspv,it gives a listing of all PVs corresponding to their respective VGs i.e. rootvg,uservg,etc. But when I give lspv hdisk0 It says rootvg not found in Configuration Manager Database. thanks Manu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: b_manu78
3 Replies

4. AIX

mksysb restore ( vgs on SAN disks)

I have my application vendor looking at this but I want to do my own investigation. I restored from mksysb and I see my vgs that contain my internal disks. But I do not see my vgs that contain disks from the SAN. This scares me .. {{ Ha, ha!! My AIX expert boss just told me I have nothing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Skyybugg
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wierd results with awk

Hey, I'm trying to use awk for some simple file manipulations but i'm getting soem wierd results. So i want to open up a file which looks like this: @relation 'autoMpg' @attribute a numeric @attribute b numeric @attribute c numeric @data -1.170815,0.257522,0.016416... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amatheny
2 Replies

6. SuSE

Remove disks from VGs in LVM

Hi, I have following set up on Open suse 11 vgdisplay pvdisplay lvdisplay I would like to remove these disks /dev/sdb and /dev/sdc from LVM and do not use them for anything.. Can anyone please help me with this ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: upengan78
1 Replies

7. Solaris

FSS and processor sets

I read somewhere which says """FSS can be assigned to processor sets, resulting in more sensitive control of priorities on a server than raw processor sets"" can any one tell me how we can assign FSS to processor set and how it works ? Thanx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
2 Replies

8. AIX

Unknown VGs

Hi Guys, I found on one of the server there are 2 VG's which I dont have any Idea of who created .. as below bash-3.00$ lsvg old_rootvg rootvg datavg altinst_rootvg altinst_rootvg under is meant for alternate disk installation.. But I'm not sure for which version of OS it was... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkeng808
5 Replies

9. Solaris

In cluster configuration ora* VGs are not controlled by VCS

Need some one to explain "In cluster configuration ora* VGs are not controlled by VCS". Actually, I am not aware of this. Thanks, Rama (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramareddi16
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify missing VGs

lsvg command returns rootvg mqB01vg heartbeatvg mqA01vg oracleAvg2 cevgA01 orastgevg ..... lsvg -o command returns rootvg mqB01vg heartbeatvg mqA01vg oracleAvg2 ...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
3 Replies
post(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   post(8)

NAME
post - deliver a message SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/mh/post [options] file OPTIONS
Specifies a file that post should take aliases from. More than one file can be specified, each being preceded with the -alias option. The post program automatically consults the system alias file, /usr/lib/mh/MailAliases. If there is an Aliasfile entry in your post also con- sults the file named in that entry. Filters (re-formats) messages sent to blind copy recipients. Recipients named in the Bcc: field nor- mally receive a new message which includes a copy of the message sent to the other recipients. If this option is specified, this copy of the message is filtered according to the instructions in the named file. The default is -nofilter. Formats messages so as to conform to ARPAnet Internet Message Format protocol. This is the default behavior. You can post from formatting messages in this way by using the -noformat option. Prints a list of the valid options to this command. Adds a Message-ID: or Resent-Message-ID: field to the header. Specifies the mail system over which mail is sent. The only value allowed is smtp, which is the standard mail system. Additional values are supported only for use with other mail systems. Informs the user of each step of the posting/filing process. Allows the user to watch the transport system's handling of the message (for example, local and fast delivery). Specifies the preferred length of the header compo- nents that contain addresses. The default settings for post are: -alias /usr/lib/mh/MailAliases -format -nomsgid -mts smtp -noverbose -nowatch -width 72 -nofilter DESCRIPTION
The program post is called by send(1) to deliver the message in the named file to local and remote users. In fact, all of the functions at- tributed to send on its reference page are performed by post, with send acting as a relatively simple pre-processor. Thus, it is post which parses the various header fields, appends From: and Date: lines, and interacts with the transport system. Normally, post would not be called directly by the user. It searches the To:, cc:, Bcc:, and Resent-xxx: header lines of the specified message for destination addresses, checks these addresses for validity, and formats them so as to conform to ARPAnet Internet Message Format protocol (unless the -noformat option is set). This will normally cause @local-site to be appended to each local destination address, as well as any local return addresses. If a Bcc: field is encountered, the mail system will use its addresses for delivery. The Bcc: is removed from the message sent to original recipients. The copied recipients will receive an entirely new message with a minimal set of headers. The mail system includes a copy of the message sent to the original recipients in the body of the message. This command consults the environment variable $SIGNATURE to determine the sender's personal name in constructing the From: line of the message. RESTRICTIONS
For this version, the -mts option only supports the value smtp. Additional values are supported for use only with other mail systems. PROFILE COMPONENTS
The post command does not consult the user's FILES
The system customization file. The program to process Fcc:s. The program to process Bcc:s. The system alias file. SEE ALSO
Commands: comp(1), mhmail(1), send(1) Files: mh-alias(4), mh-mail(4), mtstailor(4) Standard for the Format of ARPA Internet Text Messages (RFC 822) post(8)