Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: nslookup strangness
Special Forums IP Networking nslookup strangness Post 302145267 by nadamson on Tuesday 13th of November 2007 02:53:03 PM
Old 11-13-2007
Have you checked to see if the zone "94.18.172.in-addr.arpa" is setup correctly in BIND?

--
Nate

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

named and nslookup

Guys , Am using Linux - Red Hat 6.1 . My DNS and nslookup command was working fine and ppl. can resolve through this server . but i changed something in /etc/named.conf , that stopped the DNS . The named proccess is working , but nslookup command is not , i get this error message : ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamemi
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

NSLOOKUP script

Hi Anyone know of a quick and simple way to script an NSLOOKUP's from a list/text file? Thanks, Gav (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gavcollins
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

nslookup command?

Hai guys, In which way does the command,"nslookup", will be helpful? Please give me examples. Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Felicia23
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

nslookup for Unix

I am connecting from windows via Putty to some other Unix server. How can I display my current windows MachineName/NTID in putty? Thanks :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: som.nitk
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

nslookup output

Hi All, If I give the hostname followed by nslookup, I get the output like below, commandprompt>nslookup efgh Using /etc/hosts on: xyz looking up FILES Trying DNS Non-authoritative answer: Name: abcd Address: 47.47.47.47 Aliases: efgh I am not sure on the bolded ones. Can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajakct84
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Further nslookup options if any !!

Hi , I have a requirement to find the aliases by doing an nslookup on the Cname. If i do an nslookup on the alias name i get the Cname , but i need the cname from alias name. eg: Hostname = acb.example.com Virtual name= abcvirtual.example.com nslookup abcvirtual.example.com will... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpics66
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

nslookup: am I doing it right?

Hi guys, I'm back to get some help again :) I have a file that has a list of IP addresses, and I use nslookup in my script to resolve hostnames of those IPs. the problem I'm facing is that I not all the hostnames got resolved! and I don't know why. sometimes the same duplicate IP returns a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abdulelah
8 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Nslookup!!! Please look up!!!

Hi all Nslookup command returns!!!! Code: nslookup 10.91.44.29 Server: 127.0.0.1 Address: 127.0.0.1#53 29.44.91.in-addr.arpa name = station1.example.com Code: nslookup station1.example.com Server: 127.0.0.1 Address: 127.0.0.1#53 Name: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
4 Replies

9. Solaris

nslookup command

hi, I am new in Solaris 10 , i am installing a software in solaris 10, while performing pre requisite nslookup command should return without error, and the IP address and host should match those listed in the etc/hosts file, but nslookup command show the below error , can anybody tell me how i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeeshan047
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

nslookup hanging

Hey folks. Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm a bit of a newbie at "coding" (obviously, scripting is a teensy bit different than coding) and I've run into a problem that I just can't seem to get around. I'm going through a list of servers to check their name, IP, reverse-NSLOOKUP name and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bearwhale
2 Replies
LR_DEANONYMIZE.IN(1)					  LogReport's Lire Documentation				      LR_DEANONYMIZE.IN(1)

NAME
lr_deanonymize - restore anonymized data, using a dump as produced by lr_anonymize(1) SYNOPSIS
lr_deanonymize dumpfilestem DESCRIPTION
lr_deanonymize is typically used when receiving anonymized reports from a responder. See the section on "Processing The Responder's Results" in the chapter on "Using A Responder" in the Lire User Manual for usage examples. lr_deanonymize reads a file containing anonymized emailaddresses, ipnumbers, and hostnames (typically a report, generated from a logfile from an internet service) from stdin, and prints a "deanonymized" version of this file to stdout. It reads its information to do this from a bunch of Berkeley DB's, stored in files whose's names are derived from dumpfilestem, as produced by lr_anonymize(1). EXAMPLE
A 'logfile' like e.g. blaat fkrf 1.2.3.4.in-addr.arpa] pietje@bigcompany.com bla 1 2 3 lj;agas;gag blaat 1.2.3.4 fkrf 3.2.3.4.in-addr.arpa] bla 1 www.hotsex.com 2 3 lj;agas;gag jan@blaat.frut.com agagag blaat fkrf 4.2.3.4.in-addr.arpa] bla pietje@bigcompany.com www.hotsex.com 234.34.2.0 jan@blaat.frut.com 4.2.3.4.in-addr.arpa1 2 3 lj;agas;gag blaat fkrf tweede 3.2.3.4.in-addr.arpa] bla 1.2.3.4 1 blablabla.com 2 mdcc.cx 3 lj;agas;gag wil get anonymized to blaat fkrf 1.0.0.10.in-addr.arpa] john.doe.1@example.com bla 1 2 3 lj;agas;gag blaat 10.0.0.1 fkrf 2.0.0.10.in-addr.arpa] bla 1 1.example.com 2 3 lj;agas;gag john.doe.2@example.com agagag blaat fkrf 3.0.0.10.in-addr.arpa] bla john.doe.1@example.com 1.example.com 10.0.0.2 john.doe.2@example.com 3.0.0.10.in-addr.arpa1 2 3 lj;agas;gag blaat fkrf tweede 2.0.0.10.in-addr.arpa] bla 10.0.0.1 1 2.example.com 2 3.example.com 3 lj;agas;gag The dump will look like ip 234.34.2.0 10.0.0.2 ip 1.2.3.4 10.0.0.1 inaddr 3.2.3.4.in-addr.arpa 2.0.0.10.in-addr.arpa inaddr 1.2.3.4.in-addr.arpa 1.0.0.10.in-addr.arpa inaddr 4.2.3.4.in-addr.arpa 3.0.0.10.in-addr.arpa domain mdcc.cx 3.example.com domain blablabla.com 2.example.com domain www.hotsex.com 1.example.com email jan@blaat.frut.com john.doe.2@example.com email pietje@bigcompany.com john.doe.1@example.com SEE ALSO
lr_anonymize(1) VERSION
$Id: lr_deanonymize.in,v 1.4 2006/07/23 13:16:32 vanbaal Exp $ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000-2001 Stichting LogReport Foundation LogReport@LogReport.org This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program (see COPYING); if not, check with http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html. AUTHOR
Joost van Baal <joostvb@logreport.org> Lire 2.1.1 2006-07-23 LR_DEANONYMIZE.IN(1)