Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers extran NUll character added after end of line "\n" Post 302145025 by porter on Monday 12th of November 2007 12:23:23 PM
Old 11-12-2007
I suggest you give some context, is the data in memory, in a file, part of piped data?

How are you doing the conversion?
How are you holding the data?
How are you determining the length?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed append "\n" to end of every line in file

I know it sounds simple, but I want to e-mail the last 6 lines of a log file, which I have tailed into logresults.txt. I'm using echo -e "Subject:server results\nFrom:server log <user@domain.com>\n"`cat logresults.txt` | sendmail -t user@domain.com which works, but the body of the e-mail has... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command Character size limit in the "sh" and "bourne" shell

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roshan1286
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

append "awk command" to the end of each line

hi; this is my qqq.mos: l ./gcsw 86.0.0.1 'lt all;l+;lset SectorPort=860 Tilt 861;l-' l ./gcsw 86.0.0.2 'lt all;l+;lset SectorPort=862 Tilt 863;l-' l ./gcsw 86.0.0.3 'lt all;l+;lset SectorPort=864 Tilt 865;l-' ... i want to append;l nawk 'NR==14 && $NF!="Set."{print "l ./gcsw "r"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to find text between a "string " and character ","

Hello everyone Sorry I have to add another sed question. I am searching a log file and need only the first 2 occurances of text which comes after (note the space) "string " and before a ",". I have tried sed -n 's/.*string \(*\),.*/\1/p' filewith some, but limited success. This gives out all... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: haggismn
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete characters from each line until meet character ":"

Hello, I have file that looks like this : 765327564:line1 94:line2 7865:line3 ..... 765322:linen I want to cut all the digits from the beginning of each line up to ":" character and to have everything like this : line1 line2 line3 ..... linen P.S : content of line1 ...... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_fender
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Failure: if grep "$Var" "$line" inside while read line loop

Hi everybody, I am new at Unix/Bourne shell scripting and with my youngest experiences, I will not become very old with it :o My code: #!/bin/sh set -e set -u export IFS= optl="Optl" LOCSTORCLI="/opt/lsi/storcli/storcli" ($LOCSTORCLI /c0 /vall show | grep RAID | cut -d " "... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subsonic66
5 Replies
rpc_gss_max_data_length(3N)											       rpc_gss_max_data_length(3N)

NAME
rpc_gss_max_data_length(), rpc_gss_svc_max_data_length() - get maximum data length for transmission SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
Performing a security transformation on a piece of data generally produces data with a different (usually greater) length. For some trans- ports, such as UDP, there is a maximum length of data which can be sent out in one data unit. Applications need to know the maximum size a piece of data can be before it's transformed, so that the resulting data will still "fit" on the transport. You can use the following two functions to determine the maximum data length for transmission. is the client-side version, and is the server-side version. PARAMETERS
The following parameters can be used with these functions: handle An RPC context handle of type returned when a context is created (for example, by Security service and QOP are bound to this han- dle, eliminating any need to specify them. max_tp_unit_len The maximum size of a piece of data allowed by the transport. req A pointer to an RPC structure, containing information on the context (for example, program number and credentials). MULTITHREAD USAGE
Thread Safe: Yes Cancel Safe: Yes Fork Safe: No Async-cancel Safe: No Async-signal Safe: No These functions can be called safely in a multithreaded environment. They may be cancellation points in that they call functions that are cancel points. In a multithreaded environment, these functions are not safe to be called by a child process after and before These functions should not be called by a multithreaded application that supports asynchronous cancellation or asynchronous signals. RETURN VALUE
Both functions return the maximum size of untransformed data allowed, as an SEE ALSO
rpc(3N), rpcsec_gss(3N). rpc_gss_max_data_length(3N)