Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help in tcsh
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers help in tcsh Post 302145012 by porter on Monday 12th of November 2007 10:34:26 AM
Old 11-12-2007
The first line defines the interpretor to use for the script.

If you have "#!/bin/sh" you are running the Bourne Shell

If you have "#!/bin/csh" you are running the C shell

If you have "#!/bin/usr/ksh" you are running the Korn shell

Etc.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tcsh and redirect

Hello, maybe it is a silly question, but can somebody tell me how to do a redirect of errors in the t shell? Unix Newbie :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Micky
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcsh

I'm working on OpenOffice Localization; In that I need to work most of in 'tcsh' Since I have almost work till now in 'bash', I want to explore 'tcsh' much more .. An body suggest me a way ? books ? Thanks, :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kartik
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me with this tcsh script.!!!!

I need to write a tcsh script which would compare files in the two folders and then send me a mail saying which of the files are missing.For eg 1) I have this folder1 containing all the files which must land on folder2 on a daily basis. 2) If a file is present in folder1 but not in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarsaravana_s
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

About tcsh shell

Hello, Why tcsh shell is not recommended ? then which one is better ? Also can you please let me know how to change own shell and config file? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshakraut
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Decimals in TCSH

Hello, I want to run a loop with non-integer values (which I know I can't) so I've created a loop of integers and divided it by 10. However, these values are always rounded down to 1 significant figure. How do I get the script to keep and use the decimal value? My script is as follows #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DFr0st
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcsh problem

Hi, I'm having a problem getting my terminal history working, I have the following set in my .cshrc file: set history=40 set savehist=40 set histfile=~/.tcsh_history but NO information is being wrote to tcsh_history??? Info: OS - FC14 -rw------- tcsh_history Shell:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bic121
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcsh help

Does anyone no way my .tcsh_history file is filling up with a bunch of crap?? It is filled with lines like: ! ls eccracrascratcd ! ls mecd /hchoo "cratch2/mecd /sch2/mecd /sh2/mecd /scratchcd /scratch2/mecd /scratcraecd /ls mo "ls" > ! ls eccratch2/mecd /sc/ls"d /scratch2/mecd histecho "ls" o... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bic121
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in tcsh script

Hi All, I wrote a tcsh script, but being a beginner it took me lots of efforts and on top of that I am still struggling with little modifications here and there. kindly have a loop. Line1 : I want it to run maximum of "Max" Which I am providing outside loop. So how the "for" should be... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrjrasaxena
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tcsh to sh

Dear all, I have piece of command from tcsh, which I would like to be in my .bashrc file. However, I am comletely blank about the tcsh commandline. if (-e ~/forum/dir/code.sh) then source ~/forum/dir/code.sh endif Any piece of suggestions how to convert it to sh way? Thank you emily (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
5 Replies
pfexec(1)							   User Commands							 pfexec(1)

NAME
pfexec, pfsh, pfcsh, pfksh - execute a command in a profile SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/pfexec command /usr/bin/pfexec -P privspec command [ arg ]... /usr/bin/pfsh [ options ] [ argument ]... /usr/bin/pfcsh [ options ] [ argument ]... /usr/bin/pfksh [ options ] [ argument ]... DESCRIPTION
The pfexec program is used to execute commands with the attributes specified by the user's profiles in the exec_attr(4) database. It is invoked by the profile shells, pfsh, pfcsh, and pfksh which are linked to the Bourne shell, C shell, and Korn shell, respectively. Profiles are searched in the order specified in the user's entry in the user_attr(4) database. If the same command appears in more than one profile, the profile shell uses the first matching entry. The second form, pfexec -P privspec, allows a user to obtain the additional privileges awarded to the user's profiles in prof_attr(4). The privileges specification on the commands line is parsed using priv_str_to_set(3C). The resulting privileges are intersected with the union of the privileges specified using the "privs" keyword in prof_attr(4) for all the user's profiles and added to the inheritable set before executing the command. USAGE
pfexec is used to execute commands with predefined process attributes, such as specific user or group IDs. Refer to the sh(1), csh(1), and ksh(1) man pages for complete usage descriptions of the profile shells. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Obtaining additional user privileges example% pfexec -P all chown user file This command runs chown user file with all privileges assigned to the current user, not necessarily all privileges. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), ksh(1), profiles(1), sh(1), exec_attr(4), prof_attr(4), user_attr(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 3 Mar 2003 pfexec(1)