Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Software Dependencies Conflicts Post 302144775 by reborg on Friday 9th of November 2007 04:19:58 PM
Old 11-09-2007
Strange; Tk depends on tcl, and this is what sunfreeware says:
Quote:
# tcl-8.5a4-sol10-sparc-local.gz Tcl, the tool command language. You will need to install libgcc if you have not installed gcc or libgcc before. You will also likely need to install Tk - installs in /usr/local.
# tcl-8.5a4.tar.gz Source Code.
It does not suggest a dependency on Tk, in any case with these packages the order of installation is not important, as long as the files are there at runtime.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Memory conflicts

Hi, I am upgrading a Dell Inspiron 4000 from 128Mb to 512Mb, but if I put over 256Mb RAM into the machine, it is then unable to access the network card and modem (both PCMCIA). I have seen something about Linux not being able to handle large amounts of physical RAM, but is there a way round... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ghoti
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Determinining Software Dependencies

How does one determine what software dependenices are required for a software package? I looked up the command pkginfo in the man pages, but could not find anything to answer this question... Thanks Rob (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RobSand
1 Replies

3. AIX

get rid off wrong software dependencies

Hi all, I got some odd results within lppchk on some systems I administer. AIX 5.3 System with lppchk -v gives this result: devices.common.IBM.iscsi.rte 5.2.0.0 (not installed; requisite fileset) devices.common.IBM.iscsi.rte 5.2.0.51 (usr: not installed, root: COMMITTED) ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tenshi
0 Replies

4. AIX

How do we fix the library conflicts?

How do we fix library conflicts? When I do ldd on Mysql Driver, I get an error ldd libmyodbc5.so libmyodbc5.so needs: /usr/lib/libdl.a(shr_64.o) Cannot find libodbcinst.so /usr/lib/libc.a(shr_64.o) /usr/lib/libpthreads.a(shr_xpg5_64.o) /unix ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How do we resolve the library conflicts?

How do we resolve the library conflicts? ldd libmyodbc5.so libmyodbc5.so needs: /usr/lib/libdl.a(shr_64.o) Cannot find libodbcinst.so /usr/lib/libc.a(shr_64.o) /usr/lib/libpthreads.a(shr_xpg5_64.o) /unix /usr/lib/libcrypt.a(shr_64.o) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

dhcp and static ip conflicts.

I have a USB Wireless Adapter using the rum0 driver. All I want to do is set a perminent static IP for the onboard wired interface elxl0. I can plumb the wired interface up fine on the fly, but when I try to save the static IP over a reboot, I lose the IP address assigned to rum0 from my wireless... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ts97783
1 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

mysql conflicts problem

:confused: hi all, RHEL 4 has installed on the server, when i use rpm -i command to install mysql5.1 enterprise version, error failed dependencies occurs as below: mysql conflicts with mysql-4.1.22-2.el4.i386 mysql conflicts with mysql-4.1.22-2.el4.x86_64 have tried rpm -e which was... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxlee24
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Conflicts in the output of TOP command

Hi All, In the output of TOP command in my unix system, i monitored that some process has utilization more than 100% even some process has 4000% utilisation. Please help me understand how it is possible to show more than 100% utilization. Please see the screenshot below:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand2308
2 Replies
page_util_quote(n)					      Parser generator tools						page_util_quote(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
page_util_quote - page character quoting utilities SYNOPSIS
package require page::util::quote ?0.1? package require snit ::page::util::quote::unquote char ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a few utility commands to convert characters into various forms. API
::page::util::quote::unquote char A character, as stored in an abstract syntax tree by a PEG processor (See the packages grammar::peg::interpreter, grammar::me, and their relations), i.e. in some quoted form, is converted into the equivalent Tcl character. The character is returned as the result of the command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser, will regenerate the character in question and is 7bit ASCII. The string is returned as the result of this command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser and will generate a human readable representation of the character in question. The string is returned as the result of this command. The string does not use any unprintable characters. It may use backslash-quoting. High UTF characters are quoted to avoid problems with the still prevalent ascii terminals. It is assumed that the string will be used in a double-quoted environment. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser when used within a Tcl comment. The string is returned as the result of this command. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category page of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have. KEYWORDS
page, parser generator, quoting, text processing COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> page 1.0 page_util_quote(n)