Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers display gets all meessed up,,, Post 302144517 by the_learner on Thursday 8th of November 2007 03:17:25 PM
Old 11-08-2007
thanks porter, I have the same putty setting.. but still no luck :-|

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

display

list contents of the file /etc/passwd and display the line with your login.. what command can I use??? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LiTo
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls display

Hi, When i list the subfolders in my Hp-Ux machine ,iam getting like this $ls -ltr total 14 -rw-r--r-- 1 sss users 6747 Aug 15 02:09 it is showing total as 14,but it is showing one file only!.plz tell me why is this? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shruti_mgp
3 Replies

3. Solaris

X Display

I have an application that I run remotely, before I start the app, i have to export the display using the DISPLAY=x.x.x.x; export DISPLAY command now, i have just put a crt monitor on this box, and i try to run the same command, for the display variable, i have used the machines own IP address,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

4. Linux

Display

Hi all, I wish to get vmware GUI on my windows ws without get there phisically. I always used in Unix systems setenv DISPLAY = 10.192.10.43:0.0 and run the application. The server running vmware is behind a firewalled farm zone where every telnet, ssh connection has the same IP addr. so how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Carmen123
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need to display it how to do

I have infomation like this 06/10/07 06:45:33 AMQ9002: Channel 'CLUS.TO.IMVP1WASQM' is starting. 06/10/07 09:06:13 AMQ9002: Channel 'CLUS.TO.IMVP1EAIQM' is starting. EXPLANATION: Channel 'CLUS.TO.IMVP1EAIQM' is starting. ACTION: None.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unitipon
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to display this.....

Hi... I have this sql script and i have spool this output to the name backup_status.log START_TIM END_TIME STATUS --------- --------- ----------------------- 14-JUL-08 14-JUL-08 COMPLETED WITH ERRORS How to use IF statement in order to cut and email the status if the status for that day... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adzuanamir
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DISPLAY=local_host:0.0 ; export DISPLAY

Hi, from my Windows Workstation I can connect with PUTTY to an AIX 6.1 unix server. On AIX via PUTTY I run DBCA which has a grphical interface. Then : #DISPLAY=local_host:0.0 ; export DISPLAY $(hostname) $(whoami):/appli/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/bin#dbca _X11TransSocketINETConnect()... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display

Hello, this will sound geek but I've got a shell script that takes an age to run. I am wondering if someone as a function that will display like dash or something every second ? I could try to get it inside of this script when needed. I am using ksh. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
4 Replies

9. AIX

Help with DISPLAY

Hi I have humming bird exceed software installed in my system. I have 2 aix lpars with 7.1 version. When I export the display and run xlcock it works only in one server. The output of the below command is the same in both the lpars # cat /etc/ssh/sshd_config | grep -i X11... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
3 Replies
AUSCOPE(1)						      General Commands Manual							AUSCOPE(1)

NAME
auscope - Network Audio System Protocol Filter SYNOPSIS
auscope [ option ] ... DESCRIPTION
auscope is an audio protocol filter that can be used to view the network packets being sent between an audio application and an audio server. auscope is written in Perl, so you must have Perl installed on your machine in order to run auscope. If your Perl executable is not installed as /usr/local/bin/perl, you should modify the first line of the auscope script to reflect the Perl executable's location. Or, you can invoke auscope as perl auscope [ option ] ... assuming the Perl executable is in your path. To operate, auscope must know the port on which it should listen for audio clients, the name of the desktop machine on which the audio server is running and the port to use to connect to the audio server. Both the output port (server) and input port (client) are automati- cally biased by 8000. The output port defaults to 0 and the input port defaults to 1. ARGUMENTS
-i<input-port> Specify the port that auscope will use to take requests from clients. -o<output-port> Determines the port that auscope will use to connect to the audio server. -h<audio server name> Determines the desktop machine name that auscope will use to find the audio server. -v<print-level> Determines the level of printing which auscope will provide. The print-level can be 0 or 1. The larger numbers provide greater output detail. EXAMPLES
In the following example, mcxterm is the name of the desktop machine running the audio server, which is connected to the TCP/IP network host tcphost. auscope uses the desktop machine with the -h command line option, will listen for client requests on port 8001 and connect to the audio server on port 8000. Ports (file descriptors) on the network host are used to read and write the audio protocol. The audio client auplay will connect to the audio server via the TCP/IP network host tcphost and port 8001: auscope -i1 -o0 -hmcxterm auplay -audio tcp/tcphost:8001 dial.snd In the following example, the auscope verbosity is increased to 1, and the audio client autool will connect to the audio server via the network host tcphost, while displaying its graphical interface on another server labmcx: auscope -i1 -o0 -hmcxterm -v1 autool -audio tcp/tcphost:8001 -display labmcx:0.0 SEE ALSO
nas(1), perl(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1994 Network Computing Devices, Inc. AUTHOR
Greg Renda, Network Computing Devices, Inc. 1.9.3 AUSCOPE(1)