Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Explain the output of the command.... Post 302144503 by wickbc on Thursday 8th of November 2007 02:16:11 PM
Old 11-08-2007
Explain the output of the command....

Explain the output of the command “sort -rfn file1 | more”

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please explain this command line ?

Please explain this command line ? wc<infile<newfile Thanx, Saneesh Joseph. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saneeshjose
2 Replies

2. Programming

Please Explain me the output

#include<stdio.h> char *def={"pqrs","rstu","tuvw","vwxyz","xyzab"}; char abc={"abc","def","ghi","jkl","mno"}; void main() { char *p=(char *)def; p=p+40; printf("%s\n",p); } the output of the abve code snippet is mno... HOW??? beats me.. please help (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikashtulsiyan
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

please explain the command

Hi all , please explain the following command : perl -e 'select(undef,undef,undef,.15)' Thanks and Regards Navatha (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navatha
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can anyone explain what this command is doing?

Specifically what is the purpose of sed? What is f? Why is the 'cp f $phonefile' line needed when the script ‘goes live'? Why might that two commands following sed be commented out at the present time ( i.e., during development)? Thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: knp808
2 Replies

5. Programming

Explain output

#include<signal.h> #include<stdio.h> #include<stdlib.h> sigcatcher() { printf("pid=%d",getpid()); signal(SIGINT,sigcatcher); //line1 } main() { int ppid; signal(SIGINT,sigcatcher); if(fork()==0) { sleep(5); ppid=getppid(); while(1)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gol007
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please Explain me this command

find . -type f -ctime +3 -exec mv {} /somedirectory/ \; in particular "-ctime v/s -mtime" and "difference between +3 and -3" (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rambo
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Help Explain the output of probe-scsi

Can anyone explain the output of probe-scsi command below? ok probe-scsi Target 0 Unit 0 Disk SEAGATE ST373207LSUN72G 045A Target 1 Unit 0 Disk SEAGATE ST373207LSUN72G 045A I have no idea what it means. I tried to read online but I still did not understand. I appreciate... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please explain this command?

Hi, I saw this. But I don't know why we need this? ls mydir > foo.txt ## I know what this will do, it will take the results and write to the file called foo.txt ls mydir > foo.txt 2>&1 ## Don't know why we need 2>&1 Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

netstat -an output, pls. explain..

Hi, I have old SCO O/S. System keeps crashing. I made lot of changes to kernel but so for nothing helped. I wrote a script which takes netstat -an output every one minute. I saw some thing right before the system crashed. Not sure if this means anything.. uname -a SCO_SV djx2 3.2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Please help to explain the command

su - keibatch -c ""date ; /usr/local/kei/batch/apb/bin/JKEIKYK4140.sh -run "&$C$6&" WSUKE100201"" Not clear about : date ; /usr/local/kei/batch/apb/bin/JKEIKYK4140.sh -run "&$C$6&" WSUKE100201 Please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honda_city
2 Replies
BLK_INIT_QUEUE(9)						   Block Devices						 BLK_INIT_QUEUE(9)

NAME
blk_init_queue - prepare a request queue for use with a block device SYNOPSIS
struct request_queue * blk_init_queue(request_fn_proc * rfn, spinlock_t * lock); ARGUMENTS
rfn The function to be called to process requests that have been placed on the queue. lock Request queue spin lock DESCRIPTION
If a block device wishes to use the standard request handling procedures, which sorts requests and coalesces adjacent requests, then it must call blk_init_queue. The function rfn will be called when there are requests on the queue that need to be processed. If the device supports plugging, then rfn may not be called immediately when requests are available on the queue, but may be called at some time later instead. Plugged queues are generally unplugged when a buffer belonging to one of the requests on the queue is needed, or due to memory pressure. rfn is not required, or even expected, to remove all requests off the queue, but only as many as it can handle at a time. If it does leave requests on the queue, it is responsible for arranging that the requests get dealt with eventually. The queue spin lock must be held while manipulating the requests on the request queue; this lock will be taken also from interrupt context, so irq disabling is needed for it. Function returns a pointer to the initialized request queue, or NULL if it didn't succeed. NOTE
blk_init_queue must be paired with a blk_cleanup_queue call when the block device is deactivated (such as at module unload). COPYRIGHT
Kernel Hackers Manual 2.6. July 2010 BLK_INIT_QUEUE(9)