Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Determinining Software Dependencies Post 302144462 by fpmurphy on Thursday 8th of November 2007 10:13:05 AM
Old 11-08-2007
A lot of information can be gleened from the pkgadd log files. Individual installation log files located under /var/sadm/install/logs/.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cksum dependencies

Hi, On what factors does the cksum depend. If i build 2 machines exactly the same, then can i get the checksum of 2 compiled files same. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Software Dependencies Conflicts

Question: What do you do when you have a software dependency conflict? Case in point, according to Freeware for Solaris, before one can install tcl, tk must be installed first. And then when I go to investigate dependencies for tk, it says that tcl must be installed first!!! Its like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobSand
2 Replies

3. AIX

get rid off wrong software dependencies

Hi all, I got some odd results within lppchk on some systems I administer. AIX 5.3 System with lppchk -v gives this result: devices.common.IBM.iscsi.rte 5.2.0.0 (not installed; requisite fileset) devices.common.IBM.iscsi.rte 5.2.0.51 (usr: not installed, root: COMMITTED) ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tenshi
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

RPM and dependencies OPENSSH

Hello Sorry, I am not to well versed in RHE and I am having some issues. I have doen a cursury look around and could not find an answer. I have 2 RHE4 servers. Both have old versions of OPENSSH along with , server, askpass, askpass-gnome, etc. I cannot upgrade to our new pkg release of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhenryj
8 Replies

5. Red Hat

RPM dependencies fail

Hello, I am trying to install krb5-libs-1.4-4.pp-rh73.i386.rpm on my Red Hat 7.X server, however while installing/upgrading it fails due to dependencies. I checked for these dependencies and i already found them on the server. I wonder why it is giving these errors. I tried copying these... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunny_a_j
1 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Help me | RT Installation and its dependencies

Hello everyone, This is my problem: I'm installing RT (Request Tracker) when I found the firsts difficulties with package that must be configured. I could resolve them :). The real problem are the missing dependencies. The command perl -MCPAN -e"install denpendency" resolved some missing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: journey
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Server dependencies

Hi, How can I discover server dependencies? For example, how do I find out what services depend on email? Is it with nmap? Thanks! :wall: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: greatmaple
4 Replies

8. Linux

Failed dependencies

Hi all, i'm trying to upgrade pandorafms to the new version 4.0.3-130118, actually i have installed on my machine the version 3.0.0-8.1.el5, the error i'm getting when trying to update its the following rpm -Uvh pandorafms_agent_unix-4.0.3-130118.noarch.rpm error: Failed dependencies: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: charli1
1 Replies

9. AIX

Dependencies errors

Hi guys when I'm trying to install some RPMs file I got this errors # rpm -ivh DSM-IBMAIXServer-7.2-796075.noarch.rpm error: failed dependencies: perl(Digest::MD5) is needed by DSM-IBMAIXServer-7.2-796075 perl(Exporter) is needed by DSM-IBMAIXServer-7.2-796075 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khaled_ly84
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)