Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Problem with creating big files Post 302144106 by s4g3 on Tuesday 6th of November 2007 08:47:37 AM
Old 11-06-2007
need to increase the swap size in the NFS server

Reason: NFS copies files from the client to the RAM to the FS in the server

Now if the RAM is out of space and the swap cannot store any more too, its an usual behavior to kill the process trying to write to it

~Sage

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem editing big file in vi

I have a big file, which vi opens it with message not sufficient space with file system. I am not adding any data in the file but changing some values within. To make these changes effective, it asks for forced write (w!), even after doing this, I see this particular record, change is not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

a BIG problem

dear experts ...help :eek: I'm running FC2 and i was installing fluxbox but it wouldnt work so i uninstalled it by using rpm -e but because i installed fluxbox-styles it was dependent on fluxbox-0.10 so i used rpm -e --nodeps that was all fine and im not sure that was the cause of the error, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zeeman
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kinda big problem

Hi again! I finally managed to image the 3 floppies for installing freeBSD but I simply can't boot! I've selected floppy for first boot device and it even starts to readf the boot floppy and the hard drive light is continuously flashing but it doesn't stop even after half an hour and doesn't do a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mudrack
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A Big Problem in LINUX Booting

i have some problem in linux booting will u please help me the problem is i was using federo core 1 on my system everything was fine i made one entry in /etc/fstab file for accessing E drive of WINDOWS XP in that i had given file system as VFAT after rebooting system it was not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: great_indian
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem creating files greater than 2GB

With the C code I am able to create files greater than 2GB if I use the 64 bit compile option -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64. There I am using the function fprintf to write into the file. But when I use C++ and ofstream the file is getting truncated when the size grows beyond 2GB. Is there any special... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobbyjohnz
1 Replies

6. Programming

please help me with this big makefile problem

I need to create an executable with these two makefiles(they both have libaries i need(qt and ruby)) i have extconf.rb gui.ui gui_include.h main.cpp ScaleIM_client.rb ui_gui.h i want to combine them all into one executable please!... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjgfuj
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

big problem with rm command, please help me!!

Hi every body, well, i made quite a big mistake... In a script, I created a directory called "$PWD" ( it was unwanted...). nothing very frightening with that. The problem is that I wanted to remove it and I used the command rm -f -r $PWD And here is the big mistake!! Rather than deleting... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moumou
5 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Big problem during the access for the password

Every time that i quit from the forum despite i'm 100 % sure that i put the right login (i make a copy and past of the correct data) i obtain always the message that the login is wrong so i must always reset it. :wall: Could be a bug? I use a 64 bit linux system. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexscript
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Big /etc/group creating issue

I have Solaris-10 with kernel patch 142900-03, Update 7 Sparc server. root@ddlomps40:/# uname -a SunOS ddlomps40 5.10 Generic_142900-03 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise root@ddlomps40:/# cat /etc/release Solaris 10 5/09 s10s_u7wos_08 SPARC Copyright 2009 Sun... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
5 Replies
qmail-queue(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    qmail-queue(8)

NAME
qmail-queue - queue a mail message for delivery SYNOPSIS
qmail-queue DESCRIPTION
qmail-queue reads a mail message from descriptor 0. It then reads envelope information from descriptor 1. It places the message into the outgoing queue for future delivery by qmail-send. The envelope information is an envelope sender address followed by a list of envelope recipient addresses. The sender address is preceded by the letter F and terminated by a 0 byte. Each recipient address is preceded by the letter T and terminated by a 0 byte. The list of recipient addresses is terminated by an extra 0 byte. If qmail-queue sees end-of-file before the extra 0 byte, it aborts without placing the message into the queue. Every envelope recipient address should contain a username, an @ sign, and a fully qualified domain name. qmail-queue always adds a Received line to the top of the message. Other than this, qmail-queue does not inspect the message and does not enforce any restrictions on its contents. However, the recipients probably expect to see a proper header, as described in qmail-header(5). Programs included with qmail which invoke qmail-queue will invoke the contents of $QMAILQUEUE instead, if that environment variable is set. FILESYSTEM RESTRICTIONS
qmail-queue imposes two constraints on the queue structure: each mess subdirectory must be in the same filesystem as the pid directory; and each todo subdirectory must be in the same filesystem as the intd directory. EXIT CODES
qmail-queue does not print diagnostics. It exits 0 if it has successfully queued the message. It exits between 1 and 99 if it has failed to queue the message. All qmail-queue error codes between 11 and 40 indicate permanent errors: 11 Address too long. 31 Mail server permanently refuses to send the message to any recipients. (Not used by qmail-queue, but can be used by programs offering the same interface.) All other qmail-queue error codes indicate temporary errors: 51 Out of memory. 52 Timeout. 53 Write error; e.g., disk full. 54 Unable to read the message or envelope. 55 Unable to read a configuration file. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 56 Problem making a network connection from this host. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 61 Problem with the qmail home directory. 62 Problem with the queue directory. 63 Problem with queue/pid. 64 Problem with queue/mess. 65 Problem with queue/intd. 66 Problem with queue/todo. 71 Mail server temporarily refuses to send the message to any recipients. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 72 Connection to mail server timed out. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 73 Connection to mail server rejected. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 74 Connection to mail server succeeded, but communication failed. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 81 Internal bug; e.g., segmentation fault. 91 Envelope format error. SEE ALSO
addresses(5), envelopes(5), qmail-header(5), qmail-inject(8), qmail-qmqpc(8), qmail-send(8), qmail-smtpd(8) qmail-queue(8)