Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications help: error in installing perl module DBD::mysql Post 302143894 by sysgate on Monday 5th of November 2007 07:22:25 AM
Old 11-05-2007
Yogesh, you can try :
Quote:
perl -MCPAN -e shell
CPAN> install Bundle::DBD::mysql
HTH

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Perl Module Term::ReadKey??? HELP!!!

I'm new to UNIX..... I'm trying to test a software that requires Perl. I installed Perl 5.004_04 without any problem on a UNIX SCO OpenServer Machine. The software I'm testing also requires some Perl Modules (Net::Telnet, Test::More, Net::Telnet::Cisco & Term::ReadKey). I installed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrivas
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

perl module DBD-Oracle

I am trying to install Oracle perl module(DBD-Oracle). MY oracle server runs on solaris 8 while the machine am tring to install DBD-Oracle runs Suse linux 9(SLE 9) Oracle client library including sqlplus are NFS mount on my suse linux machine from my solaris oracle server but when I run make on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan1
1 Replies

3. Solaris

How to set restricted user by rksh? Cannot use Perl module DBD::Oracle

Hi, all, I need to add a user to our system in order to let him use Oracle and Perl. We want him to remain in his home directory and have no access to our data and other users' files. I created a separate group for this user, and set his shell to rksh when I created his account, by which he... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alanlh
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I use a Perl Module without installing it?

I am trying to write a program that will use templates, so I figured I would use the Text::Template CPAN module... ...only problem is that I cant force my "clients" to install this module, cause they are clueless. Is there anyway that I can NOT install it for the whole machine, but install it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jjinno
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl DBI/DBD Module -in cygwin

Hi all, I am trying to install the DBI module in perl using perl -MCPAN -e shell install 'DBI' --It is installing into the nuild directory properly but when it try to make it is saying NOT OK -I tried to copy the module manually to the /lib/perl5/vendor_perl ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jambesh
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error during installing DBD-mysql-4.005

Hi, Iam not able to install DBD-mysql-4.005 into my Sun machine as the error comes - perl Makefile.PL --mysql_config=/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql_config I will use the following settings for compiling and testing: cflags (mysql_config ) = -I/usr/local/mysql/include/mysql ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aditya.ece1985
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installing Perl DBI and DBD

Hi, i have some queries on installing the Perl DBI and the DBD Oracle. I know that i have to install the DBI first. I have the source files in a folder in my home directory.The commands to install arecd /home/DBI Perl Makefile.PL make make installI would like to know, after executing these... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installing Perl Module

Hi All, When I tried to install Math::Pari module in a AIX 5.3 server,I am getting the following error. # pwd /usr/local/bin # cd Math-Pari-2.010709 # perl Makefile.PL Did not find GP/PARI build directory around. Do you want to me to fetch GP/PARI automatically? (If you do not, you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: surjithss
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installing perl module

Hi, I want to install WWW:Mechanize module. Followed the following steps: 1. wget http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/C/CO/CORION/Bundle- WWW-Mechanize-Shell-0.29.tar.gz perl Makefile.PL make make test make install (Got the below message) Appending installation info to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
1 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Installing MySql DBD in dtrawberry perl

Hi Guys, I am trying to install DBI and DBD-MYSQL for strawberry perl. But i am not able to install. :wall: DBD-MYSQL >> makefile.pl gives error as 'Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO)'. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanth.vadalur
7 Replies
Compat(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       Compat(3pm)

NAME
DBIx::Compat - Perl extension for Compatibility Infos about DBD Drivers SYNOPSIS
use DBIx::Compat; my $HaveTypes = DBIx::Compat::GetItem ($drv, 'HaveTypes') ; DESCRIPTION
DBIx::Compat contains a hash which gives information about DBD drivers, to allow to write driver independent programs. Currently there are the following attributes defined: ListFields A function which will return information about all fields of an table. Needs an database handle and a tablename as argument. Must at least return the fieldnames and the fieldtypes. Example: $ListFields = $DBIx::Compat::Compat{$Driver}{ListFields} ; $sth = &{$ListFields}($DBHandle, $Table) or die "Cannot list fields" ; @{ $sth -> {NAME} } ; # array of fieldnames @{ $sth -> {TYPE} } ; # array of filedtypes $sth -> finish ; ListTables A function which will return an array of all tables of the datasource. Defaults to $dbh -> "tables". NumericTypes Hash which contains one entry for all datatypes that are numeric. SupportJoin Set to true if the DBMS supports joins (select with multiple tables) SupportSQLJoin Set to 1 if the DBMS supports INNER/LEFT/RIGHT JOIN Syntax in SQL select. Set to 2 if DBMS needs a *= b syntax for inner join (MS-SQL, Sybase). Set to 3 if DBMS needs a = b (+) syntax for inner join (Oracle syntax). SQLJoinOnly2Tabs Set to true if DBMS can only support two tables in inner joins. HaveTypes Set to true if DBMS supports datatypes (most DBMS will do) NeedNullInCreate Set to 'NULL' if DBMS requires the NULL keyword when creating tables where fields should contains nulls. EmptyIsNull Set to true if an empty string ('') and NULL is the same for the DBMS. LimitOffset An function which will be used to create a SQL text for limiting the number of fetched rows and selecting the starting row in selects. Keys that aren't needed anymore Placeholders Gives information if and how placeholders are supported: 0 = Not supported 1 = Supported, but not fully, unknown how much 2 = Supported, but perl type must be the same as type in db 3 = Supported, but can not give a string when a numeric type is in the db 10 = Supported under all circumstances QuoteTypes Gives information which datatypes must be quoted when passed literal (not via a placeholder). Contains a hash with all type number which need to be quoted. $DBIx::Compat::Compat{$Driver}{QuoteTypes}{$Type} will be true when the type in $Type for the driver $Driver must be quoted. Supported Drivers Currently there are entry for DBD::mSQL DBD::mysql DBD::Pg DBD::Solid DBD::ODBC DBD::CSV DBD::Oracle DBD::Sysbase DBD::Informix if you detect an error in the definition or add an definition for a new DBD driver, please mail it to the author. AUTHOR
G.Richter <richter*dev.ecos.de> SEE ALSO
perl(1), DBI(3), DBIx::Recordset(3) perl v5.10.1 2010-03-05 Compat(3pm)