Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: port
Operating Systems AIX port Post 302143822 by habuzahra on Sunday 4th of November 2007 11:07:38 AM
Old 11-04-2007
port

How I can Open the Port 4444 on my AIX machine

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

luxadm -e port shows one port not connected

hi i have a sun machine which has one hba 2ports; out of which one port says it is not connected # luxadm -e port /devices/pci@1d,700000/SUNW,qlc@1/fp@0,0:devctl CONNECTED /devices/pci@1d,700000/SUNW,qlc@1,1/fp@0,0:devctl NOT CONNECTED but both... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anwesh
9 Replies

2. IP Networking

SSH Port Forwarding - sharing the same port

Hi Linux/Unix Guru, I am setting Linux Hopping Station to another different servers. My current config to connect to another servers is using different port to connect. e.g ssh -D 1080 -p 22 username@server1.com ssh -D 1081 -p 22 username@server2.com Now what I would like to have... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: regmaster
3 Replies

3. Solaris

How to enable Serial port on ILOM, when Network Port is enabled in parallel

Hi Everyone, In my environment, I have few T5220. On the iLOM Management Card, I have both Network and Serial port are cabled, I don't have any issues while I try to connect using Network Management port, but when I try to connect the serial port for the same server which is actually connected... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
3 Replies

4. IP Networking

telnet for port 5433 is not working while it works for port 22

Hi, I am trying to set up a dev environment and I have Ubuntu server (10.16.1.92) and a CentOS VM (10.16.3.235) on this. On the CentOS I have a program running on port 5433. Now my problem is that I am unable to telnet this port from another Windows server whereas I can telnet port 22 from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishav
5 Replies

5. IP Networking

Tcp ip port open but no such process (merged: Release A Port)

i want to kill a tcp connection by killing its pid with netstat -an i got the tcp ip connection on port 5914 but when i type ps -a or ps-e there is not such process running on port 5914 is it possible that because i do not log on with proper user account i can not see that process running? (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: alinamadchian
30 Replies

6. Solaris

Cabling and adapters to communicate to service processor serial port from Windows PC with USB port.

Hello, I have an unloaded T5140 machine and want to access the ILOM for the first time and subsequently the network port after that., and then load Solaris 10 the final January 2011 build. The first part is what confuses me -the cabling. I am coming from a Windows machine (w/appropriate... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: joboy
5 Replies

7. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Generate new port base on the last port but not in used by other application

Hi Expert, Anybody can figure it out on how to generate new port base on my last port let say my last port var1=124 and increment for new port 125,126 but this new two ports need to look at first if this port is not in used by any service, if the port is in used add 1 to new port and if in used... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lxdorney
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash script, find the next closed (not in use) port from some port range.

hi, i would like to create a bash script that check which port in my Linux server are closed (not in use) from a specific range, port range (3000-3010). the print output need to be only 1 port, and it will be nice if the output will be saved as a variable or in same file. my code is: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yossi
2 Replies
PMIDI(1)						      General Commands Manual							  PMIDI(1)

NAME
pmidi - A midi file player for ALSA. SYNOPSIS
pmidi [ -pclient:port ] [ -l ] [ -ddelay ] file... DESCRIPTION
The pmidi command reads in the specified midi files and plays them through the ALSA sequencer. You can specify on the command line which sequencer port that you wish to use. Use the -l option to get a list of possible sequencer ports for your machine. OPTIONS -pclient:port Specify the ALSA port to send the midi file to. -l List the possible output ports that could be used. -ddelay Delay after song ends. This is used to prevent the last note of a song being chopped off early. The default is two seconds. Port numbers You can specify client:port numbers in the ALSA_OUTPUT_PORTS environment variable. You can also supply a comma (or space if quoted cor- rectly) separated list of client:port numbers. This will allow you to play midi files that use more than 16 channels. Examples pmidi song.mid song2.mid pmidi -p "64:0, 64:1" song.mid TROUBLE SHOOTING
Before you start you need to have ALSA installed and configured correctly. This man page cannot cover all general ALSA topics, but here are a few things to check when things do not seem to be working. Checking ALSA 1. First check that the correct sequencer modules are loaded for your sound card: - For a card with an external Midi connection, you need to load snd-seq-midi. - For the OPL2/3 internal synthesiser you need to load snd-synth-opl3. - For the AWE32/64 internal synthesiser you need to load snd-synth-emu8000. - For the SB Live! internal synthesiser you need to load snd-synth-emu10k1. - (Let me know of any more) 2a If you have an AWE32/64 or SB Live! you will need to load the sounds with sfxload in the same way as for the standard kernel drivers. 2b If you have the OPL3 FM synthesiser you will have to load the FM instruments with sbiload. See note below. 3. Make sure that the synth in the mixer is turned up and unmuted if appropriate. Before use Because you may have more than one sound card and each sound card may have several MIDI connections, you have to tell pmidi which one to use. First find out what the possibilities are for your system: If you run: pmidi -l it will give you a list of the possible devices that it can play to. On my system I get: Port Client name Port name 64:0 Rawmidi 0 - EMU10K1 MPU-401 (U EMU10K1 MPU - 401 (UART) 65:0 Emu10k1 WaveTable Emu10k1 Port 0 65:1 Emu10k1 WaveTable Emu10k1 Port 1 65:2 Emu10k1 WaveTable Emu10k1 Port 2 65:3 Emu10k1 WaveTable Emu10k1 Port 3 128:0 FLUID Synth (28152) Synth input port (28152) 129:0 Client-129 TiMidity port 0 129:1 Client-129 TiMidity port 1 Any of the port numbers in the first column can be used with pmidi. In the example above the first one is the external Midi port, the next four are the internal wave table synthesiser. Then there are two software synthesisers running, FluidSynth (http://www.fluidsynth.org) and Timididy. If you don't see anything listed then check that the correct ALSA modules are loaded as in the section "Checking ALSA". ENVIRONMENT
ALSA_OUTPUT_PORTS Port to use in playing midi file. SEE ALSO
playmidi(1) AUTHOR
Steve Ratcliffe <steve@parabola.demon.co.uk> Dec 20 2003 PMIDI(1)