Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Advance string pattern search Please Post 302143088 by sainj on Tuesday 30th of October 2007 10:56:09 AM
Old 10-30-2007
Yogesh.. Thanks for the reply..

any_1_char mean = > it can be Y or N or 1 etc
any_2_char means => it can be 18, 21, 01.. etc

So for the follwing 'AK*any_1_char*any_2_char*510', I am using regular expression. Like below.

find . -name AJ128\* -exec /usr/xpg4/bin/grep -il -E 'AK\*N\**\*510' {} \; | wc -l

But it was not working.

1. And I want to retrieve all file names with all the conditions
2. And I want to retrieve total no of files with all the conditions

Thanks for the help..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search Mulitiple String pattern in a file

Hi, I need to search for a multiple string pattern(5 key words) in a file(similar to a flat file) ,and i need to store the output in a another file . In that file we may have mutiple occurrences of the key words.and i need only the unique. kindly help out. Thanks, Mohana Krishnan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnan_6015@y
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search pattern in a string and rename

Hi All, I have a string assigned to a variable. the string will be a filename. Something like below: file=testfile.dat.20009080_{arc}_2004809090 I need to check if the filename has a pattern like "_{arc}_" and if so I have to rename the file like below mv... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakgang
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to search for a pattern a string?

Hi all, I'm new in UNIX , so how to check if stringA is present within stringB ? Something similar to INSTR function in pl sql... Thanks a lot. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leo_NN
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to assign the Pattern Search string as Input Variable

guys, I need to know how to assing pattern matched string as an input command variable. Here it goes' My script is something like this. ./routing.sh <Server> <enable|disable> ## This Script takes an input <Server> variable from this line of the script ## echo $1 | egrep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk search for string pattern in delimited file

I've got a semicolon delimited file. I would like to search for fields that match a pattern, and not hardcoded eg "mth". *th=something If the delimited field fulfills this condition, eg. mth=value I would like to print out both key and value for some number comparison. eg. if value > "12"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alienated
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Advance search using sed/awk/perl

Hi, I have a file with more than 50,000 lines of records and each record is 50 bytes in length. I need to search every record in this file between positions 11-19 (9 bytes) and 32-40 (9 bytes) and in case any of the above 2 fields is alpha-numeric, i need to replace the whole 9 bytes of that... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kikionline
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern in a String file and count the occurance of each pattern

I am trying to search a file for a patterns ERR- in a file and return a count for each of the error reported Input file is a free flowing file without any format example of output ERR-00001=5 .... ERR-01010=10 ..... ERR-99999=10 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: swayam123
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for Pattern as output between the matched String

Hello, I have a file which has the below contents : VG_name LV_name LV_size in MB LV_option LV_mountpoint owner group y testdg rahul2lv 10 "-A y -L" /home/abc2 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I use find command to search string/pattern in a file recursively?

Hi, How can I use find command to search string/pattern in a file recursively? What I tried: find . -type f -exec cat {} | grep "make" \; Output: grep: find: ;: No such file or directory missing argument to `-exec' And this: find . -type f -exec cat {} \; -exec grep "make" {} \;... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search a string inside a pattern matched block of a file

How to grep for searching a string within a begin and end pattern of a file. Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Baishali
8 Replies
array(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							  array(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
array - Manipulate array variables SYNOPSIS
array option arrayName ?arg arg ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command performs one of several operations on the variable given by arrayName. Unless otherwise specified for individual commands below, arrayName must be the name of an existing array variable. The option argument determines what action is carried out by the command. The legal options (which may be abbreviated) are: array anymore arrayName searchId Returns 1 if there are any more elements left to be processed in an array search, 0 if all elements have already been returned. SearchId indicates which search on arrayName to check, and must have been the return value from a previous invocation of array startsearch. This option is particularly useful if an array has an element with an empty name, since the return value from array nextelement won't indicate whether the search has been completed. array donesearch arrayName searchId This command terminates an array search and destroys all the state associated with that search. SearchId indicates which search on arrayName to destroy, and must have been the return value from a previous invocation of array startsearch. Returns an empty string. array exists arrayName Returns 1 if arrayName is an array variable, 0 if there is no variable by that name or if it is a scalar variable. array get arrayName ?pattern? Returns a list containing pairs of elements. The first element in each pair is the name of an element in arrayName and the second element of each pair is the value of the array element. The order of the pairs is undefined. If pattern is not specified, then all of the elements of the array are included in the result. If pattern is specified, then only those elements whose names match pat- tern (using the matching rules of string match) are included. If arrayName isn't the name of an array variable, or if the array contains no elements, then an empty list is returned. array names arrayName ?pattern? Returns a list containing the names of all of the elements in the array that match pattern (using the matching rules of string match). If pattern is omitted then the command returns all of the element names in the array. If there are no (matching) elements in the array, or if arrayName isn't the name of an array variable, then an empty string is returned. array nextelement arrayName searchId Returns the name of the next element in arrayName, or an empty string if all elements of arrayName have already been returned in this search. The searchId argument identifies the search, and must have been the return value of an array startsearch command. Warning: if elements are added to or deleted from the array, then all searches are automatically terminated just as if array done- search had been invoked; this will cause array nextelement operations to fail for those searches. array set arrayName list Sets the values of one or more elements in arrayName. list must have a form like that returned by array get, consisting of an even number of elements. Each odd-numbered element in list is treated as an element name within arrayName, and the following element in list is used as a new value for that array element. If the variable arrayName does not already exist and list is empty, arrayName is created with an empty array value. array size arrayName Returns a decimal string giving the number of elements in the array. If arrayName isn't the name of an array then 0 is returned. array startsearch arrayName This command initializes an element-by-element search through the array given by arrayName, such that invocations of the array nex- telement command will return the names of the individual elements in the array. When the search has been completed, the array done- search command should be invoked. The return value is a search identifier that must be used in array nextelement and array done- search commands; it allows multiple searches to be underway simultaneously for the same array. | array unset arrayName ?pattern? | Unsets all of the elements in the array that match pattern (using the matching rules of string match). If arrayName isn't the name | of an array variable or there are no matching elements in the array, then an empty string is returned. If pattern is omitted and is | it an array variable, then the command unsets the entire array. KEYWORDS
array, element names, search Tcl 8.3 array(n)