Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity create file with 20mb with quota Post 302143076 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 30th of October 2007 10:17:24 AM
Old 10-30-2007
You are trying to get around the quota imposed on your home directory?

/tmp and /var/tmp are two of the usual places to create large files that do not need to stay around forever.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quota

I'm new to Unix and I'm trying to determin how much space I have on this system. the box is dedicated to Oracle and I log in as the oracle user and type quota. It retrunes nothing. Then I log on as root and type quota -v oracle.. It returns nothing! Gosh this is actually a solaris 5.7 box. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jarthda
1 Replies

2. AIX

enabling quota for the first time

Hai, I have configured user quota for the /home directry. using #chfs -a "quota = userquota" /home #chfs -a "userquota = /home/myquota.user" /home #edquota tom By entering this command a blank file comes without any entries. when I tried to add entry like follows , bad format... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aix_admin
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Quota-problem

Hello, I'm having some trouble with the quota's I've set on our HP-UX B.11.00 U 9000/800. Well not really with the quota's because I was able to set them and get them working without a problem but the problem resides somewhere with our AS/U (Advanced Server for HP9000 Release B.04.06.07 and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrizz
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quota Problem

Hi all! I'm a user of Debian Etch. I've problem with my accoun't quota. After I removed all of my files from my home directory, and typed: du -hs It showed me: 76K . But when I used quota command, it showed me: Disk quotas for user X (uid *********): Filesystem blocks quota ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjdousti
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disk Quota

Hi all, I am new to Unix admin. Can anyone tell me how to set disk quota for the users in /export/home directory? Pls specify the exact command. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris5.10
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Quota threshold

Hi, I am trying to make a script in which the user is notified once the disk space of the environment increases a particular threshold. I have made a script for it but I am facing an error while executing it. Could any one here guide me further?? Script #!/bin/sh warninglimit=350000... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: Taranjeet Singh
22 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Help With Quota Script

Hi everyone I'm really new to all this but i need help creating a script that will produce the following for each user when they log on using bash You are currently using 91% of your quota Consider reducing your usage The 10 biggest directories in your home directory are: Size Directory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Snoop180
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

User quota

Hi, I want to apply the user quota, but i am unable to apply the quota to user. Kindly provide the guide line, so that i can sortout the problem. Step 1: Create partion on device #fdisk /dev/sda (because hard disk is scsi) #n (new partition table) i.e /dev/sda8. #p ( to print the partition... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahu.tapan
2 Replies

9. Linux

CentOS 5.3 quota

I am running on CentOS 5.3 x86 64bit. I setup quotas on /home as I thought successfully, I tested numerous times with a couple of different users. I login this morning and find my /home near 100% wondering what happened. I have one user that some how blew through his 3.5 gig quota and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beaker457
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Setting quota

I would like to set quota for ALL USERS on a particular filesystem and the quota to be set for NEWLY CREATED USERS also. I am not sure, whether my question is clear. I can set quota for all users but my requirement is, I want the same quota to be set automatically for the user which is going... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: atanubanerji
2 Replies
cachefslog(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    cachefslog(1M)

NAME
cachefslog - Cache File System logging SYNOPSIS
cachefslog [-f logfile | -h] cachefs_mount_point DESCRIPTION
The cachefslog command displays where CacheFS statistics are being logged. Optionally, it sets where CacheFS statistics are being logged, or it halts logging for a cache specified by cachefs_mount_point. The cachefs_mount_point argument is a mount point of a cache file system. All file systems cached under the same cache as cachefs_mount_point will be logged. OPTIONS
The following options are supported. You must be super-user to use the -f and -h options. -f logfile Specify the log file to be used. -h Halt logging. OPERANDS
cachefs_mount_point A mount point of a cache file system. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of cachefslog when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31 bytes). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Checking the Logging of a directory. The example below checks if the directory /home/sam is being logged: example% cachefslog /home/sam not logged: /home/sam Example 2: Changing the logfile. The example below changes the logfile of /home/sam to /var/tmp/samlog: example# cachefslog -f /var/tmp/samlog /home/sam /var/tmp/samlog: /home/sam Example 3: Verifying the change of a logfile. The example below verifies the change of the previous example: example% cachefslog /home/sam /var/tmp/samlog: /home/sam Example 4: Halting the logging of a directory. The example below halts logging for the /home/sam directory: example# cachefslog -h /home/sam not logged: /home/sam EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 success non-zero an error has occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cachefsstat(1M), cachefswssize(1M), cfsadmin(1M), attributes(5), largefile(5) DIAGNOSTICS
Invalid path It is illegal to specify a path within a cache file system. SunOS 5.10 7 Feb 1997 cachefslog(1M)