Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Executable files
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Executable files Post 302142856 by Yogesh Sawant on Tuesday 30th of October 2007 01:01:41 AM
Old 10-30-2007
some body told you correctly

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

Cannot translate Unix executable files

Help!! I loaded OS X Panther on my Mac G4 and found that many files previously saved as txt files were inadventently converted to Unix executable files. When I try to read these in Word, the Word filters cannot recognize or translate the file properly. Does anyone know how to translate these files?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Steven Greenber
1 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

Converting Unix executable files

I loaded OS X Panther on my Mac G4 and found that many files previously saved as Word or Word Perfect files were inadventently converted to Unix executable files. When I try to read these in Word, it cannot recognize or translate the file properly. Does anyone know how to translate these files? Is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Steven Greenber
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding executable files in all directories

This is probably very easy but I would like to know a way to list all my files in all my directories that are readable and executable to everyone. I was told to use find or ls and I tried some stuff but couldnt get it to work. I understand that its dangerous to have files with these permissions for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CSGUY
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

listing executable files in unix.

How to list out the files which are not accessed for the last n days? and How to list out all the executable files in a directory? can anyone help me on the above? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

executable files

hello. My question, basically is: what is the definition of unix/linux exec files, or what makes a file executable? More specifically, must a unix source file that was compiled using gcc have exec permissions in order to be considered executable? Is it right to say that a unix/linux exec file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nadavkri
1 Replies

6. AIX

Executable doesn't complete on large files

Good morning, I have an executable called DataExport (not that the name means much), but anyhow, it is a job that runs to call oracle stored procs which then export data out to a text file. Depending on which export is calling the DataExport, different stored procs are run. Exports 1, 2 and 3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: philplasma
2 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

File Looping - Looking for executable files - Need help

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! Hello all, I have posted here before and really was blown away by the amount of assistance I received. I was able to finish my homework without a problem! But, yet again, our... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bob07
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with sorting executable files in shell

Hi!I'm new in this forum,also in shell scripting! :P I'd like to help me with an issue!the project wants to make a variable with a directory(any) and then print all executable files of this directory,sorted by size!Thank you! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: strawhatluffy
8 Replies

9. Red Hat

ACLs - How can i create new executable files

Hello experts, I would like to know if is possible to create a default acl rule to a directory. in this directory all files created should have executable permissions by the group IT. i tried setfacl -m d:g:it:rwx /files tried to change the mask setfacl -m m::rwx /files but i still... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: berveglieri
3 Replies
uname(2)							   System Calls 							  uname(2)

NAME
uname - get name of current operating system SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/utsname.h> int uname(struct utsname *name); DESCRIPTION
The uname() function stores information identifying the current operating system in the structure pointed to by name. The uname() function uses the utsname structure, defined in <sys/utsname.h>, whose members include: char sysname[SYS_NMLN]; char nodename[SYS_NMLN]; char release[SYS_NMLN]; char version[SYS_NMLN]; char machine[SYS_NMLN]; The uname() function returns a null-terminated character string naming the current operating system in the character array sysname. Simi- larly, the nodename member contains the name by which the system is known on a communications network. The release and version members fur- ther identify the operating system. The machine member contains a standard name that identifies the hardware on which the operating system is running. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, a non-negative value is returned. Otherwise, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The uname() function will fail if: EFAULT The name argument points to an illegal address. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Async-Signal-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
uname(1), sysinfo(2), sysconf(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 21 Jul 1999 uname(2)