Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux mamimum memory single process Post 302142786 by frankkahle on Monday 29th of October 2007 03:29:07 PM
Old 10-29-2007
mamimum memory single process

How can i Globally set the maximum core memory a single process can take. IE, i want to set that no single process may get more than 11GB.

I am running red hat enterprise unix 4.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Memory used by a particular process

how to get memory used by a particular process in unix? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: superprogrammer
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Memory used by a process

Hello all 'top' command shows the top 15 processes in terms of CPU usage. Is there any other command in UNIX ,that will show the top processes in terms of memory usage ? or is there a command, that will give me the memory usage of a particular process ,if I pass the process id as a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: luft
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Memory in Use by a process

How do I find the amount of memory being consumed by a particular process on AIX 5L.. Thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: khopdi
0 Replies

4. AIX

Process using the most memory

Hi:- Is there an easy way to find out which process is consuming the most memory on an AIX server? Thanks, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: janet
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

upper limit of accessible memory space for a single process in Unix/Linux

Hellp all, if there is 3G memory in my Unix server I want to know if all the 3G space can be used by ong sigle process. As i know, in Windows, one process can only access at most 1G memory despite there is probably more than 1G memory is equipped. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cy163
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Monitoring a single process in solaris

Hi All, I need help to monitor a single process in solaris to identify if it leaks memory or is using up too much system resources. I need to collect data over a period of time and plot graph for that single process I tried using SAR & GNOME-perfmeter but both of them give me performance... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayana
3 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

CPU and memory utilization of a process, by process name

Can someone please help me with a script that will help in identifying the CPU & memory usage by a process name, rather than a process id.This is to primarily analyze the consumption of resources, for performance tweaking. G (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
4 Replies

8. HP-UX

Single Process Memory Allocation HP-UX 11i v3

Hi, I have HP-UX 11i v3 running on ia64. One of my application is 32-bit and I want to increase the memory allocation of this file upto 2GB. I am contentiously receiving an error message of Out of Memory. Can you please explain the procedure what kernel configuration( like maxdsize or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahmadamin416
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to Check Memory if Single/Dual/Quad Rank

What command in redhat linux to know your memory if it is single, dual or quad rank. Anyone? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mujakol
2 Replies

10. Solaris

[DOUBT] Memory high in idle process on Solaris 10 (Memory Utilization > 90%)

Hi Experts, Our servers running Solaris 10 with SAP Application. The memory utilization always >90%, but the process on SAP is too less even nothing. Why memory utilization on solaris always looks high? I have statement about memory on solaris, is this true: Memory in solaris is used for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
4 Replies
gcore(1)						      General Commands Manual							  gcore(1)

NAME
gcore - get core images of running processes SYNOPSIS
filename] process-id... DESCRIPTION
The command creates a core image of each specified process. By default, the name of the core image file for process-id will be The process information in the core file can be obtained by using debuggers. When the command creates a core image of each specified process, the process is temporarily stopped. Further, when the creation of core image is complete, the process continues to execute. Options Creates the core file with name of the file as If multiple process-id values are specified, filename will be common for all the core image files. See the section. Operands process-id The process ID for which a core image file will be created. RETURN VALUE
Upon completion, exits with one of the following values: A core file was successfully created. An error condition was encountered. In such a case, the creation of a core file is not guaranteed. The error conditions could be because of o A nonexistent or incorrect process ID was specified. o An invalid option was specified. o The current working directory of the process or directory from which was invoked had no write permissions. o The current working directory of the process was not accessible. o The file system is full. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Dump the core image of process 1030 in the file "core.1030". Example 2 Dump the core image of the process 1030 in the file "test.1030". Example 3 Dump the core image of the processes 1030, 1031, 1032, and 1033 in the files "core.1030", "core.1031", "core.1032", "core.1033". Example 4 Dump the core image of the processes 1030, 1031, 1032, and 1033 in the files FILES
Core image file for process-id. (Both where is invoked and the current working directory of the process.) AUTHOR
was developed by Chris Bertin (HP). SEE ALSO
adb(1), gdb(1), kill(1), ttrace(2), a.out(4), core(4). gcore(1)