Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: inode no and fd path
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat inode no and fd path Post 302142723 by sanjaykhuntia on Monday 29th of October 2007 10:19:18 AM
Old 10-29-2007
inode no and fd path

hi,
can anyone please tell me where i can extract inode numbers and path associated with all file descriptors. i want these informations only. is there any system call or functions to get these things? i hav a RHEL 4. also /proc/pid/fd shows some file descriptor list. is that the proper path to read all fds.
do reply......
sanjay

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

INode

hi i am nitin... jus a new kid on the block... my query is... does the concept of region invovle sharin of inodes wen the sticky it is set... eg... if two process share two text regions... wat actually happens thank u (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nitinsharma_ssn
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vi - replacing a relative path with absolute path in a file

Hi, I have a file with about 60 lines of path: app-defaults/boxXYZ....... I want to change this to /my/path/goes/here/app-defaults/boxXYZ, but of course vi doesn't like the regualr :s/old/new/ command. Is there any other quick way to do this? Thanks ;) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yinzer955i
2 Replies

3. Solaris

about inode

how can i see inode table information of a perticler inode.anybody knows pls tell me. Than.Q (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nag.mi2000
3 Replies

4. AIX

FS inode 58%

Hi Guys, I have this filesystem got big with inode: /dev/hd4 3670016 183664 95% 63705 58% /var I don't know why the system doesn't give alerts on this FS although it's 95% and why the inode is 58%. Any comments will be highly appreciated. Thanks, itik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing Commands From Non-Standard Path (Changing user's PATH secretely???)

Hi: I have a requirement as below: I have some standard Unix commands modified and kept them in a directory say /usr/clsh/bin. For example I have a script named "ls" kept here which is modified version of "ls" (say it always gives long listing i.e. ls -l). When any user logs on and types... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramesh_samane
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files from parent path to multiple child path using bash in efficient way

Hi All, Can you please provide some pointers to move files from Base path to multiple paths in efficient way.Folder Structure is already created. /Path/AdminUser/User1/1111/Reports/aaa.txt to /Path/User1/1111/Reports/aaa.txt /Path/AdminUser/User1/2222/Reports/bbb.txt to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikgv417
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate class path dynamically based on source path

Hi experts, I have multiple file names ending with .jsp located in $SOME_DIR, $SOME_DIR/f1/,$SOME_DIR/f2/test,$SOME_DIR/f3/fa and there are equivalent class files in $SOME_DIR/WEB-INF/classes/_pages,$SOME_DIR/WEB-INF/classes/_pages/_f1,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: oraclermanpt
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command to see the logical volume path, device mapper path and its corresponding dm device path

Currently I am using this laborious command lvdisplay | awk '/LV Path/ {p=$3} /LV Name/ {n=$3} /VG Name/ {v=$3} /Block device/ {d=$3; sub(".*:", "/dev/dm-", d); printf "%s\t%s\t%s\n", p, "/dev/mapper/"v"-"n, d}' Would like to know if there is any shorter method to get this mapping of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert Relative path to Absolute path, without changing directory to the file location.

Hello, I am creating a file with all the source folders included in my git branch, when i grep for the used source, i found source included as relative path instead of absolute path, how can convert relative path to absolute path without changing directory to that folder and using readlink -f ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekhar419
4 Replies

10. Programming

Makefile missing include path Although the path exists and defined

i have make file which i try to make them generic but it keeps to compline it missing include directory this is the makefile : CXX=g++ CPPFAGS= -Wall -O0 -g -std=c++14 INCLUDES = -I/home/vagrant/libuv/include -Isrc LIBS_DIRS = -L/home/vagrant/libuv/build LDFLAGS=... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
7 Replies
ncheck_vxfs(1M) 														   ncheck_vxfs(1M)

NAME
ncheck_vxfs - generate path names from inode numbers for a VxFS file system SYNOPSIS
[ generic_options ] DESCRIPTION
generates a list of path names corresponding to inode numbers for files in a specified VxFS file system. You can specify a range for some options. A range can be a single number or two numbers separated by a hyphen (-). The range is inclu- sive. If you enter a hyphen and omit the first number, the range begins at zero. If you omit the second number, the range ends at the end of the file system. Names of directory files are followed by slash dot (/.). OPTIONS
generic_options Supported by the generic command. See ncheck(1M). Specifies the VxFS file system type. Allow printing of the names dot and dot dot which are ordinarily suppressed. Limit the report to the files on the inode list, ilist, that follows. The ilist must be separated by commas without spaces. Specifies options specific to the VxFS file system type. specific_options is a list of suboptions or keyword/attribute pairs. Prints the path name containing file system block number block. Prints information on all inodes containing or referencing block numbers in the specified range. The output format is the same as that for but the units used are file system blocks instead of sectors. Lists the files residing in the specified Storage Checkpoint. Specifies the device ID. Used for multi-volume file systems. If the option is not specified, is run on all available devices. If is specified, all subsequent block or sector ranges are scanned for the device specified by devid. Prints mode information (used in conjunction with the generic option). Reports on all inodes containing or referencing the sectors in sector_range. The output includes the inode number, fileset index of the inode, sectors contained, and the path name or inode type. Inodes searched include structural inodes and attribute inodes, so a path name is only generated when the sector is contained by a file. If the sector is not contained in any file, is dis- played for the inode type. Multiple options accumulate. Performs a surface analysis. If a sector_range is specified, performs a surface analysis only for that range. All the sector are read and if the read of a sector fails, its sector number is printed. If any bad sectors are found, treats the list of bad sectors as input to the option and produces a list containing or referencing inodes. Report only on special files and regular files with set-user-ID mode. This option may be used to detect violations of security policy. Report on files containing or referencing the specified sector(s). Output consists of the fileset name, fileset index, inode number, and pathname of file or file type if a struc- tural inode or attribute inode. Sectors not allocated to any file or file system structure are reported as Sec- tors not part of the file system are reported as Unused or irrelevant fields are printed as sector_list consists of one or more ranges of sector numbers, separated by commas without intervening spaces. Multiple options accumulate. Prints the completed command, but does not perform any action. EXAMPLES
Report on all inodes or file system structures containing or referencing sector 20 through 35 (inclusive) in the file system The following command is same as above, but reports on all inodes or file system structures referencing any sector in the file system: Report on a specified range of block numbers (partial output shown): ncheck -F vxfs -oblock=- /dev/vx/rdsk/vset5 /dev/vx/rdsk/vset5: sectors(50331648) blocks(0) ----------------- ----------------- 0/0-0/16777215 0/0-0/8388608 1/0-1/16777215 1/0-1/8388608 2/0-2/16777215 2/0-2/8388608 fileset fset mtch match devid/ name indx inode indx inode blocks name ---------- ---- ------ ---- ------ ------------- ------------------ STRUCTURAL 1 3 - 35 0/9-0/10 <fileset_header> STRUCTURAL 1 4 1 - 0/11-0/14 <inode_alloc_unit> STRUCTURAL 1 5 1 37 0/7440-0/7447 <inode_list> STRUCTURAL 1 5 1 37 0/24-0/31 <inode_list> STRUCTURAL 1 5 1 37 0/7432-0/7439 <inode_list> STRUCTURAL 1 5 1 37 0/16-0/23 <inode_list> STRUCTURAL 1 6 - - 0/15 <current_usage_tbl> . . . UNNAMED 999 25 - - 2/80-2/84 /exec.h UNNAMED 999 26 - - 2/86-2/87 /exechdr.h - - - - - 0/6808 <free> - - - - - 0/6823-0/6975 <free> List the files in the Storage Checkpoint named on the device Report all inodes and file system structures referencing any sector in the device with devid 2 in the file system DIAGNOSTICS
When the file system structure is not correct, prints three question marks (???) to denote the "parent" of a parentless file. A path name beginning with dot dot dot indicates a loop. A path name beginning with three asterisks denotes a directory entry whose dot dot entry does not correspond with the directory in which it was found. SEE ALSO
sort(1), fsckptadm(1M), fsck_vxfs(1M), ncheck(1M), fs_vxfs(4). ncheck_vxfs(1M)