Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Doubt about multiple processes Post 302142610 by Legend986 on Sunday 28th of October 2007 12:57:38 PM
Old 10-28-2007
Thank you so much for your concern... I'm using a MySQL database... As for the status of the columns, I not quite sure what you meant, but they are of the following types:

Table_1
Column_1: int
Column_2: varchar(18)
Column_3: decimal

Table_2
Column_1: int
Column_2: varchar(18)

I had a couple of text files from which i used a php script + regular expressions to grab the text I want and then inserted them into the database's table_1 and table_2. Hope I was able to convey my requirement...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

processes statistics doubt

The following is the o/p I got when i run prstat -t command on SunOs5.8 NPROC USERNAME SIZE RSS MEMORY TIME CPU 2 shah 3152K 2384K 0.0% 0:00.00 0.0% 8 oracle 14G 13G 100% 5:09.04 0.0% 35 root 88M 54M 0.4% 0:54.27 0.0% 1 bb ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahnazurs
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Crontab spawning multiple at processes

Hi - I need help. My user crontab is spawning multiple at processes (and multiple mencoder program starts, that exit, then restart, repeatedly), locking up my system. For example I have this entry in my crontab: $ sudo crontab -u victoria -e * * * * * ~/recordings/pvr1 * * * * *... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gstuart
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple processes overlap

Hello I've got a script that creates multiple processes, in ksh, to bcp out 6 tables at a time. In the script, we write messages to the log to show our progress; most of the time, the log messages are nice and neat with one per line, like they should be. But every once in awhile, at random, the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stonemonolith
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running multiple processes in Linux

Hi guys, I want to run the multiple scripts at the same time using a ksh script. For example, I have three scripts to run: a.ksh, b.ksh and c.ksh How to start the above 3 scripts simultaneously and then on the completion of the above scripts I have other tasks to schedule. Thanks Gary (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: abcabc1103
6 Replies

5. Programming

Program to spawn multiple processes

I'm trying to make a program that will spawn multiple child processes then exit. I'm having trouble figuring out how to do this since after I fork, the child process begins running the program again (never ending). int main(void){ for(int i = 0; i < 3; i++){ fork(); }... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cagney58
1 Replies

6. Programming

Creating Multiple Processes

I am having problems creating multiple forks. I want create a certain number of forks, each call a program and each wait for a different value. How is this accomplished my loop is not doing the trick. for (i = 0; i < 5; i++) { if (fork() < 0) { //print error } ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vikings1201
3 Replies

7. Programming

Capture stdout from multiple processes

I have a number of binaries which I currenlty have no control over. They alright data to stdout. I would like to kick off any number of these binaries and capture and process their stdout. Doing this for one process is straight forward for example - comments and error checking removed for... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dvales
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

kill multiple processes by name

Want to kill multiple processes by name. for the example below, I want to kill all 'proxy-stagerd_copy' processes. I tried this but didn't work: >> ps -ef|grep proxy_copy root 991 986 0 14:45:34 ? 0:04 proxy-stagerd root 1003 991 0 14:45:49 ? 0:01... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: catalinawinemxr
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Multiple hanged FTP processes

Hello people, I got one problem with a script. I have a script which runs every five mins and in the script an ftp process is invoked which sends files to a particular location. The problem is that the ftp process hangs every now and then which causes the whole script to hang. As the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_usmanayub
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help ps -e on multiple processes

:)Hi there, I am new to scripting and wanted to see if someone can show me how to grep on multiple processes and send the output to a file in /home/mydir/output. I am aware of ps -ef | grep on 1 process but need help looking up multiple processes, can you use this command ps -elf | grep |pid1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abbya
4 Replies
mysqmail-dovecot-logger(8)				      System Manager's Manual					mysqmail-dovecot-logger(8)

NAME
mysqmail-dovecot-logger - logs dovecot-imapd and dovecot-pop3d traffic to a mysql database SYNOPSIS
mysqmail-dovecot-logger subprogram [ args ... ] DESCRIPTION
mysqmail-dovecot-logger reads the syslog using tail -F, and for each dovecot lines of POP3 and IMAP corresponding to a disconnection, mysq- mail-dovecot-logger writes the total used bandwidth corresponding to the username. Configuration is read from /etc/mysqmail.conf. mysqmail-dovecot-logger uses a table corresponding to this one: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS pop_access ( id varchar(32) NOT NULL default '', uid int(11) NOT NULL default '65534', gid int(11) NOT NULL default '65534', home varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', shell varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', mbox_host varchar(120) NOT NULL default '', crypt varchar(50) NOT NULL default '', passwd varchar(50) NOT NULL default '', active int(11) NOT NULL default '1', start_date date NOT NULL default '0000-00-00', expire_date date NOT NULL default '0000-00-00', quota_size int(11) NOT NULL default '0', type varchar(20) NOT NULL default 'default', memo text,du bigint(20) NOT NULL default '0', another_perso varchar(5) NOT NULL default 'no', redirect1 varchar(255) default NULL, redirect2 varchar(255) default NULL, localdeliver varchar(10) NOT NULL default 'yes', pop3_login_count int(9) NOT NULL default '0', pop3_transfered_bytes int(14) NOT NULL default '0', imap_login_count int(9) NOT NULL default '0', imap_transfered_bytes int(14) NOT NULL default '0', last_login int(14) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (id,mbox_host) ) TYPE=MyISAM VERSION
This documentation describes mysqmail-dovecot-logger version 0.4.4 or superior. See http://gplhost.com/softwares-mysqmail.html for updates. SEE ALSO
qmail-send(3), syslog(3), logger(8) mysqmail-dovecot-logger(8)