Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: global password settings
Operating Systems AIX global password settings Post 302142509 by asch337 on Friday 26th of October 2007 04:07:29 PM
Old 10-26-2007
If you don't want to edit /etc/security/user directly, you can use the following:
Code:
chsec -f /etc/security/user -s default -a minother=1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Password Settings

Is there an easy way to spit out a screen with all the password setting parameters set out? For example: MINWEEKS=1 MAXWEEKS=8 etc. I'm looking for a way to have all the settings consolidated on a report for inclusion in policy documents. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hoju
4 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

list the password settings for all the users

Hi!! How can I list the password settings for all the users?? Best regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: irasela
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Password settings

Good afternoon/afternoon/evening, I have a solaris 8 machine that if I lock the machine and return I can just press enter and it will log back in, this happens with all users on just this machine. Is there a config file or command to put the password in place? regards will (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr Pink
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I.T. auditor needs help with UNIX password settings

Hi, I'm an I.T. auditor and have to validate the password rules/settings (complexity rules, minimum password length, special characters, etc.)within UNIX for a client. In MS AD, i simply ask for a screen shot of the password settings. How can i do this in UNIX? help much appreciated. Also, how can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gosmartyjones
1 Replies

5. Solaris

How can we copy a directory from Global to Non-global zone?

Hi All, How can we copy a directory from global zone to non-global zone using SCP command? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaysachin
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Is there two different kernel`s running in global and non global zone?

Hi All, I want to know for non global zone there will be different kernal running? (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. Solaris

How to access ENV variables of non global zones in global zone???

Hi Guys, My requirement is I have file called /opt/orahome/.profile in non global zone. PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/etc:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/openwin/bin:. export PATH PS1="\${ORACLE_SID}:`hostname`:\$PWD$ " export PS1 EDITOR=vi export EDITOR ENV=/opt/orahome/.kshrc export ENV... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

8. AIX

default settings of security password in AIX

Hi Guy's Just I want to know the default settings of security password in AIX there is some changes happened in my machine when I try to change my password I'm getting this message Changing password for "root" root's New password: a minimum of 1 elapsed week between changes.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Global and non-global zone resource sharing - tricky

hi all, Just a simple question but i cant get the answers in the book - In my globalzone , assuming i have 4 cpus (psrinfo -pv = 0-3), if i set dedicated-cpu (ncpus=2) for my local zone Is my globalzone left with 2 cpus or still 4 cpus ? Does localzone "resource reservation.e.g. cpu in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
6 Replies

10. Solaris

Date and time change in global and non global zone

Hi, If I change date and time in global zone, then it will affect in non global zones. During this process what files will get affect in non global zones and which mechanism it's using to change. gloabl zone:Solaris 11.3 X86 TIA (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sumanthsv
1 Replies
dialups(4)							   File Formats 							dialups(4)

NAME
dialups - list of terminal devices requiring a dial-up password SYNOPSIS
/etc/dialups DESCRIPTION
dialups is an ASCII file which contains a list of terminal devices that require a dial-up password. A dial-up password is an additional password required of users who access the computer through a modem or dial-up port. The correct password must be entered before the user is granted access to the computer. The set of ports that require a dial-up password are listed in the dialups file. Each entry in the dialups file is a single line of the form: terminal-device where terminal-device The full path name of the terminal device that will require a dial-up password for users accessing the computer through a modem or dial-up port. The dialups file should be owned by the root user and the root group. The file should have read and write permissions for the owner (root) only. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample dialups file. Here is a sample dialups file: /dev/term/a /dev/term/b /dev/term/c FILES
/etc/d_passwd dial-up password file /etc/dialups list of dial-up ports requiring dial-up passwords SEE ALSO
d_passwd(4) SunOS 5.10 4 May 1994 dialups(4)