Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: The absolute void
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Chat with iBot - Our RSS Robot Girl The absolute void Post 302142243 by bakunin on Thursday 25th of October 2007 05:18:14 AM
Old 10-25-2007
this was an absolutely extraordinary song.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting the Void File in CSH

First and foremost, this is not a homework for your information. I'm just new to using c-shell programming and I just wanted to make my life easier @ work. Say, the file contains the following: ID FILE NO. SL VP 1 1 22 33 1 2 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilak1008
3 Replies

2. Programming

How to return void function pointer

Hello all im trying to build function that will return void function pointer what is mean is ( not working ) the main function void * myClass::getFunction(int type){ if(type==1) return &myClass::Test1; if(type==2) return &myClass::Test2; } void myClass::Test1(){... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

3. Programming

What is the difference between f(...), f(void) and f()

What is the difference between f(...) , f(void),f() I know that f(void) doesn't take any parameters, but what about f() and f(...) Does the last call of function even exists? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: purplelightspar
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

void (char *asd)

void asdf(char *asd) is this thing a pointer? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khestoi
1 Replies

5. Programming

functions that manipulate void pointers

I have two or more linked lists that have the same names for their "next". For example, struct server_t { sockaddr_in * sin; server_t * next_; } struct player_t { char name; player_t * next_; } How can I get a function to take in either type and manipulate the pointers? I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pyramation
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Eliminate double void line

Hi, I need to eliminate each second void line in a text file. novus MILLENNIO ineo frater in episcopatus , presbyter et diacon|diaconus , (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mjomba
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

converting void pointer to pthread_t on HPUX Itanium

i am trying to convert void pointer to pthread_t on hpux-itanium 64 bit which fails as below "src/file.cpp", line 88: error #2171: invalid type conversion pthread_t tid = reinterpret_cast<pthread_t>(m_threadId); 1 error detected in the compilation of "src/file.cpp" ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
0 Replies

8. Programming

void pointer

hi guys! Is there such a thing as double void pointer dynamic allocation? And if so is it something like this? int n; void** a; a=malloc(n*sizeof(void*)); (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: vlm
12 Replies

9. Programming

Parameter passing to function with void * as Argument

Earlier I had one structure C typedef struct c { int cc; }CS; I used to call a library function say int GetData(CS *x) which was returning me the above structure C with data. GetData(CS *x) Function call used to be like: CS CSobj; GetData(&CSObj); Now there are two... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
12 Replies

10. Programming

Malloc to void pointer fails

I have a function to which I will pass a struct ID and it will return me a string. I will pass a pointer to store the name string and that pointer will be allocated memory by the function called. int ConvertIDToName(void *id, void *name, size_t *size) { int status = 0; ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
5 Replies
abs(3C) 						   Standard C Library Functions 						   abs(3C)

NAME
abs, labs, llabs - return absolute value of integer SYNOPSIS
#include <stdlib.h> int abs(int val); long labs(long lval); long long llabs(long long llval); DESCRIPTION
The abs() function returns the absolute value of its int operand. The labs() function returns the absolute value of its long operand. The llabs() function returns the absolute value of its long long operand. USAGE
In 2's-complement representation, the absolute value of the largest magnitude negative integral value is undefined. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 24 Jul 2002 abs(3C)