Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting finding Background Process Id Post 302142170 by krk_555 on Wednesday 24th of October 2007 08:34:42 PM
Old 10-24-2007
Hi,
Thanks for responding...

Actually my requirement is as follows.

i had 5 Processes for every 30 min i want to run.for every 30 min i need to check which process is free.then i will kick off that process.

this scenario will work for the previous code.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

capture the process id when starting a background process

Hello all, How do I start a background process and save the process id to a file on my system. For example %wait 5 & will execute and print the process id. I can't figure out how to get it to a file. I've tried: > filename 0>filename 1>filename. Any assistance is most appreciated. Thanks, Jim... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jleavitt
10 Replies

2. Programming

background process

I have made a shell that accept a command and parameters. It is working properly. I have tryed to implement background process in main(). But i dont know to implement them. Can anyone give me a lille example?? #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> /* The following... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: badshah
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

process in background

Hi Guys, I am facing some weird problem with my shell script. The script shows up a menu and for every ontion internally calls a shell script which start/stop various servers. When I am using '&' while calling the internal shell script so that the server run in the background. For exiting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: agoyal
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

background process

Hi, In shell script when I use script1 >> filelog the echo statments of script1 gets printed in the filelog but when I try to run script in background i.e, script1 & >> filelog nothing gets printed in the filelog. Anybody knows whats going on here. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: k_oops9
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

background process

How, can I hide background process's output? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zylwyz
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

background process

can anybody plz tell me how can i find the background processes running. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raom
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Background Process.

How to create a backgrond processes ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to start background process and then kill process

What I need to learn is how to use a script that launches background processes, and then kills those processes as needed. The script successfully launches the script. But how do I check to see if the job exists before I kill it? I know my problem is mostly failure to understand parameter... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: holocene
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to put FTP process as a background process/job in perl?

Hi, I am using net::ftp for transferring files now i am trying in the same Linux server as a result ftp is very fast but if the server is other location (remote) then the file transferred will be time consuming. So i want try putting FTP part as a background process. I am unaware how to do... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make background process interact with fg process

Hi, I have written a menu driven shell script in which as per the choice, I run the another script on background. For eg: 1. get info 2)process info 3)modify info All the operations have different scripts which i schedule in background using &. However I wish to display the error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashima jain
0 Replies
TAP::Parser::Iterator::Process(3pm)			 Perl Programmers Reference Guide		       TAP::Parser::Iterator::Process(3pm)

NAME
TAP::Parser::Iterator::Process - Iterator for process-based TAP sources VERSION
Version 3.26 SYNOPSIS
use TAP::Parser::Iterator::Process; my %args = ( command => ['python', 'setup.py', 'test'], merge => 1, setup => sub { ... }, teardown => sub { ... }, ); my $it = TAP::Parser::Iterator::Process->new(\%args); my $line = $it->next; DESCRIPTION
This is a simple iterator wrapper for executing external processes, used by TAP::Parser. Unless you're writing a plugin or subclassing, you probably won't need to use this module directly. METHODS
Class Methods "new" Create an iterator. Expects one argument containing a hashref of the form: command => @command_to_execute merge => $attempt_merge_stderr_and_stdout? setup => $callback_to_setup_command teardown => $callback_to_teardown_command Tries to uses IPC::Open3 & IO::Select to communicate with the spawned process if they are available. Falls back onto "open()". Instance Methods "next" Iterate through the process output, of course. "next_raw" Iterate raw input without applying any fixes for quirky input syntax. "wait" Get the wait status for this iterator's process. "exit" Get the exit status for this iterator's process. "handle_unicode" Upgrade the input stream to handle UTF8. "get_select_handles" Return a list of filehandles that may be used upstream in a select() call to signal that this Iterator is ready. Iterators that are not handle based should return an empty list. ATTRIBUTION
Originally ripped off from Test::Harness. SEE ALSO
TAP::Object, TAP::Parser, TAP::Parser::Iterator, perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 TAP::Parser::Iterator::Process(3pm)