Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Logging commands and output
Operating Systems Solaris Logging commands and output Post 302142113 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 24th of October 2007 11:52:22 AM
Old 10-24-2007
Perhaps the following will do what you want:

BigAdmin Description - Log shell commands

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Logging all commands after a sudo su-

Hi there, It might seem tricky, I confess. We use sudo to allow people to initiate priviledged commands (but not all commands) on our Unix systems. To by pass this, some people initiate the sudo su - command ; The main issue is to 'know' what those people do when they gain root access.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxmtl
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

logging ps output

i want to log the output of ps. i want to see the ps outpıt line by line as i see in the stdout but when i write it to a file it concatenates all lines do you have any suggestion? what i am using: echo `ps -ef -o cmd,cpu,pcpu,cputime,nswap`>>log.txt what i am getting: Mon Sep 11... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirection of output (for logging)

Hi, Currently I'm working on a lenghty script so I figured it would be useful to create a logfile so that output that is displayed on the users screen is also stored in the log file for later reference...... kinda like the whole point of a log file! Anyway, I was just wondering if there was an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: _Spare_Ribs_
3 Replies

4. Programming

serializing logging output mult. proc. inst deamon

Hello, i have an interresting topic today C++ on solaris. lgpl stuff applicable. My program is a deamon process wich takes input from network, then processes the data, and outputs reformatted to network. We're generating a lot of logging output. the logging is absolutely unbuffered at the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: heck
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Logging Command Line and Output in Unix

Hi, This might be a bit stupid question, but what command to use to create like a session which logs the command line, and output on to the screen? Basically, a log to a file, where I can review what I had install, uninstall, etc. Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittoinc
4 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

Logging shell commands and send it out

Dear friends I'm looking for a solution to log all commands that users do in my RedHat box, and send it out to other remote server, Is there any guide for that Thanks ---------- Post updated at 04:20 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:47 AM ---------- I can think of something else I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: reaky
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automatic logging (capture screen output) of telnet/ssh sessions on a Solaris node

Hi I am working in Solaris 10 and I want to monitor logs for every telnet/ssh session that tries to connect to the server. I need these logs to be generated in a file that I can fetch using ftp. I am a new user and a stepwise detail will be great BR saGGee (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saggee
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logging Remote SSH command (cannot log a java output)

Hi all I'm creating a script that runs a few commands on some boxes and everything can be logged EXCEPT the java -version command, there doesn't seem to be any output... Can anyone help explain why this does not work? Do I need to do something extra to append the output from the java... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keepcase
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

logging into server and excute commands

hi all, I am new to unix and unix scipting. i need a script to logging into servers and to excute some commands in each server. for eg : I tried with below script ,but cant get the desired o/p. please help with this for i in `cat serverlist` do echo $i ssh $i uname -a ; cat... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudharson
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Not logging ftp connections in /var/adm/wtmpx file (in last command output)

Hi all, I have F5 load balancer on my system and checking service status by opening an ftp session in every 30 seconds. These ftp sessions are being logged in /var/adm/wtmpx and filling up the file. when i run the last command most of the output is this ftp session. I was wondering if there is a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cepxat
1 Replies
uri_urn(n)					    Tcl Uniform Resource Identifier Management						uri_urn(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
uri_urn - URI utilities, URN scheme SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require uri::urn ?1.1.2? uri::urn::quote url uri::urn::unquote url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides two commands to quote and unquote the disallowed characters for url using the urn scheme, registers the scheme with the package uri, and provides internal helpers which will be automatically used by the commands uri::split and uri::join of package uri to handle urls using the urn scheme. COMMANDS
uri::urn::quote url This command quotes the characters disallowed by the urn scheme (per RFC 2141 sec2.2) in the url and returns the modified url as its result. uri::urn::unquote url This commands performs the reverse of ::uri::urn::quote. It takes an urn url, removes the quoting from all disallowed characters, and returns the modified urls as its result. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category uri of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
rfc 2141, uri, url, urn CATEGORY
Networking uri 1.1.2 uri_urn(n)