Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ftp error messages!
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ftp error messages! Post 302141415 by dineshr85 on Friday 19th of October 2007 12:38:28 AM
Old 10-19-2007
ftp error messages!

Please see the below script-

ftp $FTPREMOTESERVER
prompt
mput $DATAPATH/*.dat
quit | ftp -in > FTPRETURNMSGLOGFILE # iam trying write the eroor messages inside a file when the ftp quits.

Based on the above script te ftp is properly working but writing into the file wen ftp quits is nor working.Any suggestions

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

I/O Error with ftp and cp

Hello, sometimes when I perform an ftp or cp on a NFS mounted filesystem, the transfer break with the message I/O error. There are no log messages, which help me, only sometimes there is the additional message in the log file, my NFS server timed out. Both systems are IA-64 Linux systems with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malcom
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet Server FTP warning messages 500 'AUTH GSSAPI' how to resolve??

These are the warning messages I am getting but the FTP works fine.How do I get rid of these? 220 FTP server (SunOS 5.8) ready. 500 'AUTH GSSAPI': command not understood. 500 'AUTH KERBEROS_V4': command not understood. KERBEROS_V4 rejected as an authentication type (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: csviking
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

error messages in /var/adm/messages

Hi, I have a SunFire V490, Solaris 10 with XP1024 storage and HP Library. I have noticed the following error messages in the /var/adm/messages file. These errors are being generated constantly. Also commands like devfsadm, format cfgadm etc are getting hung. After a reboot it works fine for a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nitinp82
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: NET::FTP..>Debug Messages

HI All, NET::FTP->new($server, DEBUG=>1); I need to get all the Debug Messages in an array or a file.... Please suggest!! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: angad.makkar
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp error

This used to work , but know I am getting errors: 331 Enter password 230 User logged in 250 Command CWD succeed 200 Transfer mode set to BINARY local: arc-090715.tar.gz remote: arc-090715.tar.gz local: arc-090715.tar.gz: No such file or directory Any idea what is wrong? Thank you in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lenora2009
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Error 553 I/O error.

Hi All, I have a problem when uploading txt file from windows to Unix server. I got 533 I/O error. I am using .bat file and it works for other batches but with this particular batch it doesn't work. thanks guys for helping in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sfaqih
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp error.

i try to put files to ftp server. but i got "550 Command STOR failed" error. can u help me about this error? my codes: -bash-3.00$ ftp xxx.com Connected to xxx.com 220 xxx.com X2 WS_FTP Server 7.5(39687500) Name (xxx.com:oracle): user 331 Enter password Password: 230 User logged in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: imtheone
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with FTP Script which is causing "syntax error: unexpected end of file" Error

Hi All, Please hav a look at the below peice of script and let me know if there are any syntax errors. i found that the below peice of Script is causing issue. when i use SFTP its working fine, but there is a demand to use FTP only. please find below code and explain if anything is wrong... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahi_mayu069
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP error

Hi Guys I have written a shell script that will connect to a FTP server and get a list of files that exists in a directory. The FTP code is as follows. ftp -i -n -v ${FTP_HOST} <<EOF user ${FTP_USER} ${FTP_PASSWORD} cd ${FTP_DIR} ls *.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crystal_pup
1 Replies

10. SuSE

Some error messages in var/log/messages

How are you? SUSE V10 and 11. In /var/log/messages I see these lines in some servers. I'd like to know what causes these errors and how to fix them. Thank you, error: PAM: Authentication failure for root from XXXXXXXX Did not receive identification string from XXXXXXX Invalid user suse-gm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JDBA
2 Replies
ftp(4)								   File Formats 							    ftp(4)

NAME
ftp - FTP client configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/default/ftp DESCRIPTION
Use the ftp file to configure the behavior of the FTP client. Lines that begin with a hash symbol ("# ") are treated as comment lines and are ignored. Behavior Directives The ftp file supports the following behavior directives: FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST=yes | no The ls command of the ftp client sends an NLST to the FTP Server by default. Several non-Solaris clients send LIST instead. In order to make the Solaris ftp client send LIST when the ls command is issued, set FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST to no. The value of FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST is yes by default. If the user sets a value for FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST in the user's environment, this value will override any FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST directive that is specified in /etc/default/ftp. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWbipr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftp(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 22 Oct 2002 ftp(4)