Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: VSAM Utility
Operating Systems AIX VSAM Utility Post 302141311 by ravager on Thursday 18th of October 2007 03:35:30 PM
Old 10-18-2007

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What utility do I use for this?

I want to pull out the 3rd column of information and stick in a file. What is the Utility I use to do this? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: James
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unknown utility

Hi everyone, I am a beginner in Linux and Shell scripting.I am migrating a couple of shell scripts from Solaris platform to Linux platform.In one script i saw a usage as : /base/article/ocilib/lobfile $username/$password $filename $filepath I didn't understand what this represents.The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed utility

I am new to unix os. Can you explain in short about sed? with some examples. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Padmav
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

kcalarm utility

Hi Does anybody know is there is any troubleshooting for kcalarm? How can i see what parameter exceded it's range while running command fr monitoring "any parameter"? Thanks :o (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_mouse
0 Replies

5. Programming

Reading a VSAM file

hi i have a vsam file i want to read the records in that file using C++ code, i use fopen and fread but it is throwing error. if any one worked on it plz tell me how to open that file using c++ code. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vij_krr
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

utility

hi experts, Can you please help me out in removing delimiters with in double quotes from a CSV file. input: ===== a,"bnn,",dgd, "sagfh,dj",ad output ===== a,"bnn",dgd, "sagfhdj",ad there are so mnay fileds in a row and there are millions of rows. Thanks in an advance.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: subhendu81
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Unzip a file using unzip utility for files zipped without zip utility ?

Hi, I need to zip/compress a data file and send to a vendor. The vendor does have only unzip utility and can accept only .ZIP files. I do not have zip utility in my server. How do I zip/compress the file so that it can be deflated using unzip command ? I tried gzip & compress commands, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sabari Nath S
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mkdir utility

Howdy, Puttering around in unix, and read this in the mkdir man page: "The mkdir utility creates the directories named as operands..." What does this mean, i.e. as operands? Many thanks, DN (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: danuke
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time Utility

I am looking at some practice problems from a book involving the time utility and I am a little confused on what to do. Here is what it is telling me to do: -Compile your sort: gcc -o sort1 sort1.c quicksort.c -For each input file, ins.n0000, get the time to execute: time sort1 <... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: totoro125
7 Replies