Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Managing FileSystems on Solaris Post 302140942 by panchpan on Tuesday 16th of October 2007 10:15:38 PM
Old 10-16-2007
I have got 2 FileSystems visible when I use df -k or mount command /u00 and /u01 of 5 GB and 10 GB respectively. Can you please let me know exact commands to execute for below:

1) Delete /u00
2) Modify /u01 from 10 GB size to 5 GB size
3) Create /u02 (new fs) of size 10 GB

Thank you - by using bash the issue of shells resolved.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

managing users

I need to setup several accounts on a solaris system. (passwd,shadow,group) My question is : How can I create a group which can access a machine, but only in certain directories? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartJuniorUnix
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Managing nodes???

Does anyone know something about this? I have no idea what it means and how to do it. but if anyone can give me and explanation and also point me to a website, i'd really appreciate it (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Filesystems Supported by Solaris

Could someone please tell me which filesystems are supported by Solaris? I am specifically interested in ext2, ext3, and XFS. Is XFS included in a standard Solaris distro? Are ext2 and ext3 only supported in Read-Only using lxrun? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ralph Armstrong
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris System State & filesystems backup

Hi , We are using Veritas Net Backup , I want to create a new policy for backing up the (Solaris Operating System & the file systems) only the OS. not Full backup because we have an other policy for Oracle Apps and it takes full backup for all Partitions. I need the OS backup to be in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adel8483
2 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Managing Geeks

Hi, I recently found this article in computerworld and I think it is very true - at least in my company ... what do you guys think - is the author right? Is it ignorant management that makes us IT people seem to be anti-social and weird? Please share your thoughts Kind regards zxmaus (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zxmaus
5 Replies

6. Programming

Managing and using PTSes

Hello. I need to simulate a few serial links (doing a simulation of an application for a robot) and found socat which, at least with minicom, is working flawlessly. I would really like to make pts static: ie same numbers between reboots, and automatic (not me opening terminals and leaving... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: erupter
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Warnings about read-only filesystems while installing a Solaris package

I have two test machines having solaris 10. I have shared a location which have a package on machine1 and mounted that location onto machine2 as below. machine1: share -F nfs -o rw /home1/pkg/test machine2: mount -F nfs -o rw machine2:/home1/pkg/test /tmp/test Now, when i am trying to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: snreddy_gopu
8 Replies
shells(4)							   File Formats 							 shells(4)

NAME
shells - shell database SYNOPSIS
/etc/shells DESCRIPTION
The shells file contains a list of the shells on the system. Applications use this file to determine whether a shell is valid. See getuser- shell(3C). For each shell a single line should be present, consisting of the shell's path, relative to root. A hash mark (#) indicates the beginning of a comment; subsequent characters up to the end of the line are not interpreted by the routines which search the file. Blank lines are also ignored. The following default shells are used by utilities: /bin/bash, /bin/csh, /bin/jsh, /bin/ksh, /bin/ksh93, /bin/pfcsh, /bin/pfksh, /bin/pfsh, /bin/sh, /bin/tcsh, /bin/zsh, /sbin/jsh, /sbin/sh, /usr/bin/bash, /usr/bin/csh, /usr/bin/jsh, /usr/bin/ksh, /usr/bin/ksh93, /usr/bin/pfcsh, /usr/bin/pfksh, /usr/bin/pfsh, and /usr/bin/sh, /usr/bin/tcsh, /usr/bin/zsh, and /usr/sfw/bin/zsh. /etc/shells overrides the default list. Invalid shells in /etc/shells could cause unexpected behavior, such as being unable to log in by way of ftp(1). FILES
/etc/shells list of shells on system SEE ALSO
vipw(1B), ftpd(1M), sendmail(1M), getusershell(3C), aliases(4) SunOS 5.11 20 Nov 2007 shells(4)